Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Cardiff City FC - Re-branding plans scrapped! "

Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Yeah well done Nukes etc. Hope you also sleep well next season when CCFC is finacially fucked. Let's face it NOBODY wanted a home shirt and crest changed and I was fucked right off but I like some people were willing to look at the bigger picture with the investment etc and not act like idiots. Hope we are all happy with a blue top in the lower leagues with those gypos lording it over us instead of (probably) being in the prem in a red home top. Why do you think that tit cantonmagic was on here pushing for protests...they would have hated that sort of investment. It would have been glorious times that have never been seen at this club imo. Let's hope we get another chance with them as those last few paragraphs do not seem hopeful.

Thu May 10, 2012 6:04 pm

castleblue wrote:Like Merlin I have stayed away from commenting on the whole issue because I didn't want to get carried away on a kneejerk reaction. However I would say when I heard about this I just couldn't believe it or more accurately I couldn't believe the reasons behind the proposed changes.

I have watched Cardiff for 47 years and started watching them with my dad who would always tell me we were going to watch "The City" as back in the 60's that's how most fans would describe the club. I'm not really sure when watching "The City" was replaced with watch "The Bluebirds" but even I say that now. But does it matter as really we all watch Cardiff City and that was the biggest concern I had ' was there a chance this would involve changing the name of the club'. That would be completely unacceptable to me but thanks to TG's letter we now know that was never going to happen.

I was also really concerned about the reason being given for the change in the colour of our home ket, again and thanks to TG we now know it has nothing to do with VT not liking Blue but everything to do with being able to market the club more succesfully in "Asia", not Malaysia but the continent of Asia, and for the club to benefit from the additional revenue.

I understand and fully respect that such a massive change is a lot to take on board, but where in the world are the similar marketing opportunities. Remember our major investors are very succesful businessmen and have probably forgotten more about marketing than the rest of us will ever know and more importantly understand the Asian marketplace. Is it really to much of an ask to have trusted them with this?

I told somebody today that if I owned Cardiff City and someone offered £m's of pounds to have "Swansea City Are The Best Football Team In The World" printed on our shirts I would bite their hands off. Having that bollocks on our shirts would in my opinion be nothing when compared to the value of the £m's so it should have been with a change to Red shirts. It would never change my love of our club as nothing could do that and the money it would bring with it is worth more to us as it would be to any Football League club.

As fans and in respect of everything that TG & VT have done for our club so far in my opinion we should have been prepared to listen to the reasons behind their proposals. Having listened to the reasons if we still felt that it was to big a change then fair enough but we didn't and in the immediate aftermath there is likely to be a period of uncertainty with loads of conjection about what happens know.

I just hope that in the future we are not looking back and saying maybe that was the best option for us.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Far too many of the more sensible people have been quiet over the last few days, and it has probably caused irreparable damage to our club.

Thu May 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Yeah well done Nukes etc. Hope you also sleep well next season when CCFC is finacially fucked. Let's face it NOBODY wanted a home shirt and crest changed and I was fucked right off but I like some people were willing to look at the bigger picture with the investment etc and not act like idiots. Hope we are all happy with a blue top in the lower leagues with those gypos lording it over us instead of (probably) being in the prem in a red home top. Why do you think that tit cantonmagic was on here pushing for protests...they would have hated that sort of investment. It would have been glorious times that have never been seen at this club imo. Let's hope we get another chance with them as those last few paragraphs do not seem hopeful.

My reading of that statement is that we are in very great trouble.

I specifically asked Carl last night for his views on this issue of scaring them off, and his response was to the effect that that would not happen.

Well, sadly, it looks like my fears have been realised and we're now in very deep trouble.

Thu May 10, 2012 6:09 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:I feel sick.

Now you know how I felt.

So glad they've seen common sense, there are obviously other options that don't mean destroying our history.

I think you'll find very soon that you'll feel as sick as I do about these developments, when neither of us have a club to support.

Thu May 10, 2012 6:10 pm

People are still on about how we would be losing our History, well I love my country and my City of Cardiff.
If VT pulls the pulg on Cardiff City we will be losing our history, they put in approx 1mil a month to this club.
It dont take a master mined to work out we cant pay it as we are,so we will sooner or later go under. My question is where will be our history then ? This club is a buisness like it or not , and like all business ,if you dont have money coming in they soon fold. Do I want to wear Red ? Fk me NO ! 2 of the teams I hate wears Red, Man U & Liverpool , BUT Im not silly and I can see the big picture. If we dont get the money we will fold and make no mistake about that. I want my club to live, so the history of this club lives on with it. But losing our club we will also be losing our history, that is for sure. :old:

Thu May 10, 2012 6:14 pm

castleblue wrote:Like Merlin I have stayed away from commenting on the whole issue because I didn't want to get carried away on a kneejerk reaction. However I would say when I heard about this I just couldn't believe it or more accurately I couldn't believe the reasons behind the proposed changes.

I have watched Cardiff for 47 years and started watching them with my dad who would always tell me we were going to watch "The City" as back in the 60's that's how most fans would describe the club. I'm not really sure when watching "The City" was replaced with watch "The Bluebirds" but even I say that now. But does it matter as really we all watch Cardiff City and that was the biggest concern I had ' was there a chance this would involve changing the name of the club'. That would be completely unacceptable to me but thanks to TG's letter we now know that was never going to happen.

I was also really concerned about the reason being given for the change in the colour of our home ket, again and thanks to TG we now know it has nothing to do with VT not liking Blue but everything to do with being able to market the club more succesfully in "Asia", not Malaysia but the continent of Asia, and for the club to benefit from the additional revenue.

I understand and fully respect that such a massive change is a lot to take on board, but where in the world are the similar marketing opportunities. Remember our major investors are very succesful businessmen and have probably forgotten more about marketing than the rest of us will ever know and more importantly understand the Asian marketplace. Is it really to much of an ask to have trusted them with this?

I told somebody today that if I owned Cardiff City and someone offered £m's of pounds to have "Swansea City Are The Best Football Team In The World" printed on our shirts I would bite their hands off. Having that bollocks on our shirts would in my opinion be nothing when compared to the value of the £m's so it should have been with a change to Red shirts. It would never change my love of our club as nothing could do that and the money it would bring with it is worth more to us as it would be to any Football League club.

As fans and in respect of everything that TG & VT have done for our club so far in my opinion we should have been prepared to listen to the reasons behind their proposals. Having listened to the reasons if we still felt that it was to big a change then fair enough but we didn't and in the immediate aftermath there is likely to be a period of uncertainty with loads of conjection about what happens know.

I just hope that in the future we are not looking back and saying maybe that was the best option for us.

Excellent post Castle :ayatollah:
I am thinking all the hotheads on here the last few days will live to regret their recent kneejerk and racist reactions which could have severe consequences for our club :(

Thu May 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Well done to the narrow-minded, blind fans. You will always hold this club back.

Did TG ever thank the fans in the above bollox ? No , how does playing in red with a dragon lead to multi million investment , Sam wanted us to play in green and move to Dublin for fucks sake !

Thu May 10, 2012 6:23 pm

"This may include looking for new and additional partners and investors."

lets translate this. So f**k you all, we are gonna find someone stupid enough to take our shares so we can f**k off eventually..sulk, sulk, sulk!

Thu May 10, 2012 6:52 pm

d20 wrote:there in it for the money...read tg,s statement ...we will look for other investors...ffs tans worth 800 million he could fund us on his own he doesnt need other investors so goes to show they dont give a shit about the club or fans...if they leave they will sell it or they lose loads,that wont happen...and so what if we do end up in the lower leagues again been there before ,to many fans are pretty new since sam days and relative success seeing a good team steady in the championship for years and success in the fa cup,carling cup and play off final ,most of these fans havent seen relegations etc and the shit football loads of us put up with ,from those years this is success some of you seem intent on getting to the prem league and couldnt give a shit what it cost to get us there even if it meant losing our badge,colours and traditions and have a guy pick and hcoose what changes he wants to make and when and not involve us....i was happy with the malaysians for funding us but this was all done in the wrong way and they now realise it.

Of course they are in it for the bloody money what the hell do you think they are a charity????

But in making money they could have made this club much bigger and more successful

I've had 50 years of hoping we would get back to the top table again and I have no wish to see backi in the lower league again.

if you want to follow a lower league team shove off and support Newport County.

Thu May 10, 2012 6:57 pm

ah well. perhaps when the club is boarded up and we have no team to watch we will look back and wish we had a team playing in red. sad days ahead i think.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Sorry new to this board and don't intend to cause offence but as a lifelong fan of the club through good and bad I just want to say does it really matter what colour you play in as long as you play! Ask a Pompay or Rangers fan right now what they would prefer to see their team play in a different colour but with financial backing and a team to support or be in the position they are in right now? Get behind this club while we still have one whether blue, pink, red or multi f*cking coloured. Once a bluebird always a bluebird no matter what's on the badge

Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

doesnt matter what colour we play in, our history still remains the same.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:The simple fact is, we (very lossely) didn't even give them chance to explain. People on here organised rallies and marches etc. For Christ sake, you may just have blown the security for our football club!!! All for what? A colour and badge change?

I'm done with these message boards, they are the breeding ground for the self important! Idiots!

Don't forget that they never consulted us on these changes till it was leaked and then tried to force us into accepting them.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:Yeah well done Nukes etc. Hope you also sleep well next season when CCFC is finacially fucked. Let's face it NOBODY wanted a home shirt and crest changed and I was fucked right off but I like some people were willing to look at the bigger picture with the investment etc and not act like idiots. Hope we are all happy with a blue top in the lower leagues with those gypos lording it over us instead of (probably) being in the prem in a red home top. Why do you think that tit cantonmagic was on here pushing for protests...they would have hated that sort of investment. It would have been glorious times that have never been seen at this club imo. Let's hope we get another chance with them as those last few paragraphs do not seem hopeful.

ffs stop being a drama queen. They have accepted that they had it wrong with the proposed changes and serves them right for trying to sneak it in the back door without consultation.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

I am shocked fans racially abused our OWNERS..if they saw these i feel they have the right to leave.

I'm ashamed to be associated with some of our Cardiff fans. I don't think they'd build a new training facility if they couldn't give a shit about the club or fans. That was for the good of the club.

I'm fuming that they've scrapped investment and rebranding.

Well Done City Fans. They could've held meetings to resolve how we'd have Red Shirts and keep our nickname but no they've been forced within days to scrap it.

Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:I am shocked fans racially abused our OWNERS..if they saw these i feel they have the right to leave.

I'm ashamed to be associated with some of our Cardiff fans. I don't think they'd build a new training facility if they couldn't give a shit about the club or fans. That was for the good of the club.

I'm fuming that they've scrapped investment and rebranding.

Well Done City Fans. They could've held meetings to resolve how we'd have Red Shirts and keep our nickname but no they've been forced within days to scrap it.

But they have not scrapped investment and they have not indicated they are leaving the club.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:Well done to the narrow-minded, blind fans. You will always hold this club back.

How is being narrow minded fighting for what the club stands for and its tradition? Narrow mindedness is selling the club down the river and forgetting what generations of fans have always been.

Because the world turns and life changes. Otherwise we would still be using Roman roads and dying from scurvy. Football is not the sport it was and will not hold back because of tradition. We have ruined the best chances this club will ever have to move with the times

Thu May 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Scrapped a significant amount i reckon! They wanted Red Shirts to increase sales in Malaysia where they'd get their money back.

Why would anyone pump nearly £2 million a month to not have their own plans to make money. Stupidity

Thu May 10, 2012 9:08 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Happy days back in the lower leagues ahead with the core fan base watching crap football

You obviously did not read the first line of the statement so stop scaremongering.
"To begin, I would like to assure all supporters that the feelings toward Cardiff City Football Club from Malaysia remain as strong as ever."

Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:I feel sick.

Now you know how I felt.

So glad they've seen common sense, there are obviously other options that don't mean destroying our history.

I think you'll find very soon that you'll feel as sick as I do about these developments, when neither of us have a club to support.

Stop being so dramatic and please read the first line of the Malaysian statement again.
"To begin, I would like to assure all supporters that the feelings toward Cardiff City Football Club from Malaysia remain as strong as ever"

Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm really pissed off after reading this statement from TG, IMO a man of honour and integrity. Racially abusing the Malaysians and numerous name calling is shameful and uncalled for, these are the people who have bankrolled our club and kept us from admin or worse. I was excited when reading about the plans for invesment in our club and was thinking that we were potentially on the brink of fullfilling our potential as a club after years of fannying around in the lower leagues, looks like Mr Tan might now take a walk away from the CCS which is a very worrying thought, he may even consider investing in another club in this country and wouldn't that be just f*****g amazing for Cardiff City!!
Sometimes I hate being a fan of Cardiff City as we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot just when we can see a light at the end of this long tunnel we've been in for far too long. These last few seasons where our Malaysian friends have been here have been some of the happiest times I've had supporting the City ( no I'm not a Johnny come lately) now it looks as though the bubble may be about to burst before its even had time to fully develop.
If Mr Tan decides to "do one" then I hope that all the people who were party to all this uproar about shirts and badges will be happy to see the days of continuous mediocrity return once again.

Thu May 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

Far too many of the more sensible people have been quiet over the last few days, and it has probably caused irreparable damage to our club.

I think you'll find mate that the sensible ones on here like myself don't respond with knee jerk reactions as we like to hear both sides before we comment. It's the idiots threatening boycotts and protests who've fucked this up for us. Nice one Lads!!... :evil: :(

Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:TG a Wolf in Sheep clothing. How is playing in Red going to bring us prosperity and good fortune ?
Come on tell me that :? :? Its good management bringing in the right players AKA Blackpool, Swansea ETC.
I can sleep easy knowing i wasn't prepared to sell my soul to the Devil and i don't care what you all think of me. I will never now trust them, but at least i get to keep my Club, and i dont regret revealing there future plans last night. I believe it to be 100% true then as i do today. And as a little warning from my source the last thing he said to me "Don't trust TG".
Sorry if i have helped destroy all your plastic aspirations i will always fight for our Club.
Nukes

nukes if the owners were that sure of this plan of theirs do you really think they,d let a group of fans stop them.?the fans have shown up the owners plan as hollow.first bit of grief off the fans and they drop it let a hot potato .so because you were to wear red they would have a 100m for you then because you,ll be wearing blue they need to find new investors .hows that one work?did they/have they got the 100m in cash?pleased as can be for you and the lads who opposed.the man city geezer is minted yet the only re branding he,s done is the stadiam name.let,s face it its a new stadiam so no one is going to get sentimental about that.that arab fellow has embraced man city,s history and put his very real own money into the club.why?because now he has man city at heart.a lot of these millionares are asset not cash rich.some look rich on paper but not in the bank.believe me i know.our main man is not allowed off hong kong island as he awaits his court case.k.r.o :ayatollah:

Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:Scrapped a significant amount i reckon! They wanted Red Shirts to increase sales in Malaysia where they'd get their money back.

Why would anyone pump nearly £2 million a month to not have their own plans to make money. Stupidity

yeah they love red shirts in asia mate.pity they are all man utd and liverpool

Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... badge.html