Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fear mongering from Tan supporters

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:10 pm

nerd wrote:Love the way people claim admin would be the answer.

Without Malaysian support, we're trading f*cking INSOLVENTLY.

Admin? Forget that, we're looking at liquidation. Bit difficult getting back from that, eh?

Thats what they are telling us, I will be with you on this if we had hard facts and proof presented to us professionally and sensibly preferably with outside financial experts on board. If confirmed then fair enough. I am in mourning anyway!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:20 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:
nerd wrote:Love the way people claim admin would be the answer.

Without Malaysian support, we're trading f*cking INSOLVENTLY.

Admin? Forget that, we're looking at liquidation. Bit difficult getting back from that, eh?

Thats what they are telling us, I will be with you on this if we had hard facts and proof presented to us professionally and sensibly preferably with outside financial experts on board. If confirmed then fair enough. I am in mourning anyway!

Malaysians are paying a month, that's not seriously disputed by anybody. That's at least a 12m loss per annum, can't be blamed on short term cashflow issues.

They've clearly got a marketing strategy in line. See fans reject that, try to block them eventually you get to a point where you minimise your losses rather than keep racking them up.

HMRC winding up order, they pushed for liquidation until the debt was eventually paid. Since then nothing has really changed other than the Malaysians subsidising us month after month...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 pm

I have spent some time on this board today and have been getting more and more depressed by what I have been reading from several points of view:

We (City fans) are coming across as narrow minded ludites - stuck in some kind of timewarp. I have watched City for 35 years and for most of them I have seen some of the most dire football imaginable in the lower divisions. The last five years have been great and I want more progress to the top division. Why can we not mirror the ambition being shown by the new investors and start thinking like the top clubs in the land instead of wallowing in our dismal (in the main) under achieving past? Cardiff is the capital city of Wales and too many people for my liking seem to want a team with a small town mentality. If we go back down the divisions then the crowds will soon disappear back to the few thousand of old - I couldn't face it either and would "hang up" my season ticket - I don't care what anyone thinks - I've seen too much shit!.

Many of the comments are plain rude and disrespectful to the Malaysian investors - many bordering on racist in tone. Football is business and they are in it to make money and I am sure gain the adulation of football fans both locally, in Malaysia and across the world. Their actions may lead to us experiencing top level football on our doorstep and maybe local people will start supporting their local club instead of your Man Us, Liverpools etc. Suits me just fine!

The debate over shirt colours is doing my head in - all football shirts are rubbish as far as I am concerned and mine efforts hang in a dishevelled mess over my fat stomach. No matter what the colour we look crap in them. The new red and blue shirts continue this trend and the badge is in keeping with the poor design of most clubs. To suggest that changing is somehow disloyal to the past just makes me want to laugh - its pathetic.

I don't know the financial situation anymore than anyone else on the board (even though I am a share holder) but I am pissed off at all of the guessing and amateurish ill informed opinion on finances. What is obvious is that we were in deep shit and may break free from this with the investments of the Malaysians. To suggest that we should start again by going into administration is a disgrace - what about all of the local businesses and other creditors who would be dropped in it?

I only hope that the Malaysians have stopped reading the shit on this board which to my mind gives them the perfect excuse to avoid consultation with us.

Rant over - going to bed.