Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fear mongering from Tan supporters

Thu May 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Christ, please stop it.

You've every right to support the Malaysians and their plans.
I won't agree with you, because I think selling the soul of a club is a deadly sin.
But I stand for your right to disagree with me and to stand in favour of changing the club's colours and crest.

But please, do so on the basis of the right arguments.
These stories that the club will disappear or that there's no future after Tan, are just bollocks.
Let me just bring forward an example from my country, the Netherlands.
Feyenoord Rotterdam was once a super power in European and Dutch football, but because of financial problems the club has had some serious troubles.
Last season was an absolute disaster.
The once big and proud Feyenoord was losing game after game against small clubs and ended up somewhere mid-table.
At the start of this season, they accepted the fact that there wasn't any money left and got on with it.
So they stopped importing good players from foreign countries and started focussing more and more on the players of their own youth teams.
Now they've ended up second this season in the Dutch highest league, De Eredivisie, and are once again going into Europe.

They've shown that a club with loyal fans can survive, even when there's hardly any money at all. So if Tan leaves, there will surely be another sponsor, maybe not one that brings as much money, but the club will survive. Than there's still a Cardiff with history, tradition and a soul.

I'm not in favour of Tan and his ludicrous plans, but you may be.
If you're supporting his idea's, please do so with reasonable arguments and not with scare tactics, that'll only show that you're losing the argument.

Cheers,

Jordy

:ayatollah:

Re: Fear mongering from Tan supporters

Thu May 10, 2012 12:42 pm

we are insolvent without an investor

different to ur situation

Thu May 10, 2012 12:50 pm

I just hope you and all those against this can come up with £100 million when VT says bollocks I'm off. Will you help to clear the stadium when the insolvency people sell off all the assets to pay creditors?

Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Jordy,an excellent posting,it's nice to hear other peoples views and experiences.

Thu May 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Jordy wrote:Christ, please stop it.

I won't agree with you, because I think selling the soul of a club is a deadly sin.
But I stand for your right to disagree with me and to stand in favour of changing the club's colours and crest.

These stories that the club will disappear or that there's no future after Tan, are just bollocks.
Feyenoord Rotterdam was once a super power in European and Dutch football, but because of financial problems the club has had some serious troubles.
The once big and proud Feyenoord was losing game after game against small clubs and ended up somewhere mid-table.
At the start of this season, they accepted the fact that there wasn't any money left and got on with it.
So they stopped importing good players from foreign countries and started focussing more and more on the players of their own youth teams.
Now they've ended up second this season in the Dutch highest league, De Eredivisie, and are once again going into Europe.

They've shown that a club with loyal fans can survive, even when there's hardly any money at all. So if Tan leaves, there will surely be another sponsor, maybe not one that brings as much money, but the club will survive. Than there's still a Cardiff with history, tradition and a soul.

If you're supporting his idea's, please do so with reasonable arguments and not with scare tactics, that'll only show that you're losing the argument.

Cheers,

Jordy

Can you do a thread regarding fear mongering from anti tan supporter? thanks :roll:

Thu May 10, 2012 1:01 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:we are insolvent without an investor

different to ur situation

We might as well be once he starts to try change are name :roll: as there be f**k all left bar this.

Thu May 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Cheers,

Jordy

You obviously don,t have much idea about high finance do you?? i don,t want a red kit or lose our badge, i also don,t like the idea that he has not consulted with any of the supporters groups, but i also don,t want certain people/fans ready to chase the man out of town, he has been personaly bank rolling cardiff city to the tune of £1.2 million every month for the last year and a half, now if things got really nasty with the demonstrations (hopefully they will be peacefull) and he decides to walk away (exactly the reason why the yank pulled out of rangers this week) you tell me who is going to keep the club going from week to week, never mind signing the cheques for new players??? The only scare tactics i can see could be coming from some of our own supporters who are prepared to do anything to stop this re-branding happening, never mind our history, if VT goes we WILL be history!!!!

Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Feyenoord was in a huge debt too (and they still are). But my point is: Cardiff will survive.
People like Tan come and go, but Cardiff will still be there.
The club can survive without Tan, paying your debts can happen in a steady scheme.
Yes, perhaps that may mean that the club will have to spend less on players, but it will Cardiff can survive on the long term.
Don't forget: In the place of the Malaysians will eventually step another sponsor, maybe not a big fish like Tan, but there will always be a main source of income for the club.

If the club focuses on Cardiff youth and a well educated scouting system, there is a big chance of the same sportive succes without having to spend much on transfers and player's loan.
All this can go hand in hand with groups of local companies and supporters (just like they did in Rotterdam with Feyenoord) starting up projects and sponsoring and lending schemes for the club.

There're loads of clubs in financial troubles, they can all come out. Without Tan and without Malaysian investors. So why can't Cardiff.

There is no need for a change of the colours or the crest.
Cardiff will survive, Tan or not.

Thu May 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Cheers,

Jordy

jordy trouble is we dont have money and we loseing 12ml a year how do we survive that? would you invest???

Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

cityone wrote:You obviously don,t have much idea about high finance do you??

Great piece! I'm absolutely overthrown by your load of arguments and rational points you've made!

In fact, you're not responding to the points I've brought forward and are only proving my point by going on with your prediction of the apocalypse.

Thu May 10, 2012 1:55 pm

Jordy, i dont think you realise what we are saying....we are actually running as an insolvent business...only reason we are not liquidated is because of Tan.......HMRC will have our balls if we miss one payment....they are not your normal creditors anymore.

Thu May 10, 2012 1:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote: jordy trouble is we dont have money and we loseing 12ml a year how do we survive that? would you invest???

If the club loses 12 million a year, that obiviously means that there is way too much money going out.
Why don't I hear people talk about the fact that a club like Cardiff is perhaps living above its means.
If the club were to cut back on certain big costs and forgot the idea of promotion for a couple of seasons, I reckon the club could eventually become financially healthy.

I justed wanted to add: It's nice to see someone trying to set up a reasonable argument.
Although I might not agree with you, I'm very happy with the way you want to make your point, Allan.

Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Jordy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote: jordy trouble is we dont have money and we loseing 12ml a year how do we survive that? would you invest???

If the club loses 12 million a year, that obiviously means that there is way too much money going out.
Why don't I hear people talk about the fact that a club like Cardiff is perhaps living above its means.
If the club were to cut back on certain big costs and forgot the idea of promotion for a couple of seasons, I reckon the club could eventually become financially healthy.

I justed wanted to add: It's nice to see someone trying to set up a reasonable argument.
Although I might not agree with you, I'm very happy with the way you want to make your point, Allan.

This is EXACTLY what VT has said from day one at the club, the debt we have is historical debt created by a previous owner, VT has only allowed our manager to play with a small finacial budget this season, even when we were in a very good footballing position come the transfer window in january no money singings were made, now he is prepared to invest £100 million in the club, change the loan to equity and therefoe clear all our debts!!!!

Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 pm

This is how they do things where our owners come from. They tell you (Dictate)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYIhpl1s0Q

Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Jordy wrote:

How will we survive with the amount of debt we are already in???????

Thu May 10, 2012 3:32 pm

Cheers,

Jordy

We will always be another second rate team now well done boys!!!!!

Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Were you losing a million pounds a month?

Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Cheers,

Jordy

There's a massive difference between Feyenoord, once a European super power, and Cardiff City, who have spent the last few decades in the lower leagues.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:12 pm

They are full of shttttt on the 12million a year losses, THAT FIGURE HAS ONLY SURFACED SINCE THE MALAYSIANS CAME IN!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:They are full of shttttt on the 12million a year losses, THAT FIGURE HAS ONLY SURFACED SINCE THE MALAYSIANS CAME IN!!!!!!!!

The accounts confirm that figure.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:27 pm

If playing the youth team was the answer then everyone would be doing it. :?

But giving the benefit of the doubt and we believe this story how long would it be before agents were knocking the door demanding massive pay rises or transfers to clubs with cash to spare?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Cheers,

Jordy

sponsor with 50mil+ to throw away? you are having a laugh dont outsiders get the fact we owe people 30mil+vt money
thats £70mil now do you understand things????

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:They are full of shttttt on the 12million a year losses, THAT FIGURE HAS ONLY SURFACED SINCE THE MALAYSIANS CAME IN!!!!!!!!

speak for yourself! you need an enema to get rid of waht you have stuck up your rear end!!!! :idea:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Paying Kenny Miller 100k a month (to score goals - remember them Ken?) and so on is living above our means, as was the 'BIG' players of last season and before that. I would put the whole squad up for sale that earns over 5k a week, set that as the wage cap, get some free transfers in and set the challenge of staying in the Championship, say goodbye to the Malaysians and good luck in hopefully finding us an investor. Get the administrators in to sort out the debt and go again, like teams that have been there (Leeds etc) Cardiff won't die , neither will Pompey or Rangers, fed up of the Red or Dead fear mongering and now they have won. I would choose Bluebirds in blue in Division 2, over Cardiff Malaysia Franchise Red Dragons or whatever playing in the Prem, any day. But I don't have that choice, I will roll with the changes as I am City til' I die, I won't be cancelling my season ticket, but I am devastated and ashamed of my clubs decision men, embarrassed and ignored at not being consulted. I have NEVER heard of this SELL OUT situation in the history of football, why does my club have to be the first?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:54 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Paying Kenny Miller 100k a month (to score goals - remember them Ken?) and so on is living above our means, as was the 'BIG' players of last season and before that. I would put the whole squad up for sale that earns over 5k a week, set that as the wage cap, get some free transfers in and set the challenge of staying in the Championship, say goodbye to the Malaysians and good luck in hopefully finding us an investor. Get the administrators in to sort out the debt and go again, like teams that have been there (Leeds etc) Cardiff won't die , neither will Pompey or Rangers, fed up of the Red or Dead fear mongering and now they have won. I would choose Bluebirds in blue in Division 2, over Cardiff Malaysia Franchise Red Dragons or whatever playing in the Prem, any day. But I don't have that choice, I will roll with the changes as I am City til' I die, I won't be cancelling my season ticket, but I am devastated and ashamed of my clubs decision men, embarrassed and ignored at not being consulted. I have NEVER heard of this SELL OUT situation in the history of football, why does my club have to be the first?

pompey still not saved or rangers and we are in same position as them! without vt! you forget we dont have assets anymore so where will administrators get money to pay creditors? cardiff wouldnt die but ccfc as a name would! would you take risk of liquidation? if didnt go with change??

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:Paying Kenny Miller 100k a month (to score goals - remember them Ken?) and so on is living above our means, as was the 'BIG' players of last season and before that. I would put the whole squad up for sale that earns over 5k a week, set that as the wage cap, get some free transfers in and set the challenge of staying in the Championship, say goodbye to the Malaysians and good luck in hopefully finding us an investor. Get the administrators in to sort out the debt and go again, like teams that have been there (Leeds etc) Cardiff won't die , neither will Pompey or Rangers, fed up of the Red or Dead fear mongering and now they have won. I would choose Bluebirds in blue in Division 2, over Cardiff Malaysia Franchise Red Dragons or whatever playing in the Prem, any day. But I don't have that choice, I will roll with the changes as I am City til' I die, I won't be cancelling my season ticket, but I am devastated and ashamed of my clubs decision men, embarrassed and ignored at not being consulted. I have NEVER heard of this SELL OUT situation in the history of football, why does my club have to be the first?

pompey still not saved or rangers and we are in same position as them! without vt! you forget we dont have assets anymore so where will administrators get money to pay creditors? cardiff wouldnt die but ccfc as a name would! would you take risk of liquidation? if didnt go with change??

investor with 70mil spare get real please it wont happen in million years as by time got rid of decent players and end up in div 1/2 would you invest 70mil???

Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 pm

You one of the better pro-Blue posters Tangled and at least you have offered a Plan B which is always missing from those who tell us everything will be alright without VT's money.

There are big flaws in the plan but IMO it would be easier to go straight into Admin as no-one is going to buy some of our big earners (no goals Miller :lol: being one)

Providing we get out of Admin (& that is not as certain as you think) I am sure you would get your wish of playing League 2 football for a number of years to come.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote: cardiff wouldnt die but ccfc as a name would! would you take risk of liquidation? if didnt go with change??

That is the bit I really don't get with the those who don't want change. We would have to go into Admin if we kicked the Malaysians out and if we emerged we would be called something like Cardiff City FC 2012 Ltd (Swansea are known as Swansea City 2003 Ltd)

So at a stroke the name and previous history would have been wiped (the infamous 'soul') and that's just the thing they are all protesting against.

Stupidity is the only thing that springs to mind.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Love the way people claim admin would be the answer.

Without Malaysian support, we're trading f*cking INSOLVENTLY.

Admin? Forget that, we're looking at liquidation. Bit difficult getting back from that, eh?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You one of the better pro-Blue posters Tangled and at least you have offered a Plan B which is always missing from those who tell us everything will be alright without VT's money.

There are big flaws in the plan but IMO it would be easier to go straight into Admin as no-one is going to buy some of our big earners (no goals Miller :lol: being one)

Providing we get out of Admin (& that is not as certain as you think) I am sure you would get your wish of playing League 2 football for a number of years to come.

And in the name of the beautiful game, feel proud to have a surviving football team, who resisted the temptation to sellout. If we get to the prem it won't feel right, we cashed in our lifeblood, it will be artificial fantasy football gone wrong.

I know my alternative is flawed and the wage cap might have to be a grand a week, and we probably wouldn't get an investor unless against all odds we rose the leagues the hard way but I am certain we wouldn't die, and would be proud to follow my team to Aldershot

And what if we are still play off wannabes 2 years from now being called Premiership bottlers etc and still playing in red, how are the scare mongerers gonna feel then? Red or dead?

I'll be there rain or shine, red or blue and I realise I am going to have to let this go, but I am bloody devastated munn.