Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAN DAVE JONES PROVE MYSELF AND THE DOUBTERS

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Wrong and at least finally get us to at least play-offs this season ?

Opinions Please

Re: CAN DAVE JONES PROVE MYSELF AND THE DOUBTERS

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:55 pm

no.

Some of his decisions can really be a bit out of the odrinary. For example, Ipswich last week. Ipswich were getting more and more in the game so the logic would be to change things around? no, not for Jones. He keeps it the same and we end up losing 2-1 to a team who have not won once on the road all season!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:00 pm

he bottles it at the end but when you go to matches like last night wba away you start to feel maybe he can this year.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:02 pm

ill make my judgement after who ive seen we have signed(if anyone) in january

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:05 pm

It'll be tight. I'd like to think we can but it's still very much in the balance. I want Jones to stay because there aren't many managers who could get us into the Premiership right now and bringing someone new in might mean going backwards.

It's a tough one. I hope Jones does prove the doubters wrong but I'm not sure he will. Even if we make the playoffs it'll still be a hard task getting promoted through them.

How would you guys feel if we made the playoffs and then got knocked out in the semi finals? Would you be calling for Jones's head?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:07 pm

if he signs 3 new players at least in jan and a hard central midfielder a leader yes i say.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:11 pm

We said the same last season though when we brought in Chopra and Burke. We thought they would be the final piece in the jigsaw. I honestly don't think we can make any predictions until we have the little 'pl' next to our name in the tables.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Some of his decisions baffle me. How can you let two more players go out on loan at the most busy period XMAS! and not bring anyone in? mental! and we are a team who are suppost to be pushing for promotion. Again last night we was playing like a rugby team last night in the 2nd half, just waiting for the other team to come at us and defending it.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:14 pm

We will go up as Champions if he continues to take tips off this board via the Chairman :D

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 pm

what do you want him to prove we 3rd skint as f**k and got injured players everywhere,he's done a cracking job since he been here,why do people love to hate the guy.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:Some of his decisions baffle me. How can you let two more players go out on loan at the most busy period XMAS! and not bring anyone in? mental! and we are a team who are suppost to be pushing for promotion. Again last night we was playing like a rugby team last night in the 2nd half, just waiting for the other team to come at us and defending it.

Surely that spells out the financial troubles rather than his managerial ability? As for last night Dave Jones said that leading he wanted us to resort to counter attacking because West Brom were getting desperate. It makes sense to wait for the opposition to come at you when you're leading and then hit them on the break. You need to watch the depth of the lines though. Seems like we got them right last night, unlike against Ipswich.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

My opinion has never changed on DJ.he has a good record and is a good manager.I am not for changing managers mid season and so he has my backing till the end of the season.He has faults, and the main one being he is inflexible and a bit set in his ways.Is he good enough to get city up another league.....Maybe if we get another 4 or 5 players in who can really challenge and make a difference.But if we dont get a top six finish this season its time to freshen up the coaching staff.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:26 pm

Denzil wrote:My opinion has never changed on DJ.he has a good record and is a good manager.I am not for changing managers mid season and so he has my backing till the end of the season.He has faults, and the main one being he is inflexible and a bit set in his ways.Is he good enough to get city up another league.....Maybe if we get another 4 or 5 players in who can really challenge and make a difference.But if we dont get a top six finish this season its time to freshen up the coaching staff.

i agree lets give him the rest of the season, changing managers would be suicide. i like this mb denzil as you get attacked on your opinions.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wrong and at least finally get us to at least play-offs this season ?

Opinions Please

Yes I agree now we have to give him the rest of this season(but I am not a DJ Fan), but anything less than the play offs he surely has to go.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

It's as much who leaves in January not who comes in.

There is the prospect of losing Matthews, Ledley, Burke, McCormack, Gypes, Taiwo in January so based on the need for 3 new players at the moment can't see us getting 9 new faces in.

A quality player such as Carsley would be great, as wood a loan move for Gibson at Man utd, that would help solve midfield.

If Burke leave for personal reasons it would be a tragedy but we would need someone of a similar ilk such as the two QPR boys Routledge and Traabt.

Need a big fella up front, someone like Beattie but not necessarily him, though his record at this level is ok.

Leaving a central defender and a full back needed. Hopefully McPhail will be back in the new year and Scimeca will get some level of fitness and I'm sure we are yet to see the best of Etuhu - so that could be like three new signings. Also, the youngsters may be given chance to slot in.

So can we go up?

Who knows - we'll probably thrash Boro, beat Leicester easily be on the verge of a top two place and fall away horribly in January.

Perhaps, you never know, January will bring us a new funding stream which will see quality new faces that catapault us to the promised land - you can always dream!!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:29 pm

croesybluebird wrote:It's as much who leaves in January not who comes in.

There is the prospect of losing Matthews, Ledley, Burke, McCormack, Gypes, Taiwo in January so based on the need for 3 new players at the moment can't see us getting 9 new faces in.

A quality player such as Carsley would be great, as wood a loan move for Gibson at Man utd, that would help solve midfield.

If Burke leave for personal reasons it would be a tragedy but we would need someone of a similar ilk such as the two QPR boys Routledge and Traabt.

Need a big fella up front, someone like Beattie but not necessarily him, though his record at this level is ok.

Leaving a central defender and a full back needed. Hopefully McPhail will be back in the new year and Scimeca will get some level of fitness and I'm sure we are yet to see the best of Etuhu - so that could be like three new signings. Also, the youngsters may be given chance to slot in.

So can we go up?

Who knows - we'll probably thrash Boro, beat Leicester easily be on the verge of a top two place and fall away horribly in January.

Perhaps, you never know, January will bring us a new funding stream which will see quality new faces that catapault us to the promised land - you can always dream!!

I wish people would stop going on about Gibson! He's broken into the first team succesfully at that too! not a chance in hell he'd come to us.....

New funding stream in January? Whats this all about...... has something happened that nobody else knows.

We probably won't sign anyone as we cant afford it - so loans at the best! probably not high profile ones either.

Im sure we'll probably see one or two go on permanent moves....

But i suggest that too many people not to get excited about January, as per usual you'll only get let down by the lack of transfer activity that is the norm for CCFC.

Daves Jones is doing a fantastic job considering the facilities at his disposal. There's no other manager out there that could do any better than Jones when placed in the same predicament!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Merlin wrote:
croesybluebird wrote:It's as much who leaves in January not who comes in.

So can we go up?

I wish people would stop going on about Gibson! He's broken into the first team succesfully at that too! not a chance in hell he'd come to us.....

New funding stream in January? Whats this all about...... has something happened that nobody else knows.

We probably won't sign anyone as we cant afford it - so loans at the best! probably not high profile ones either.

Im sure we'll probably see one or two go on permanent moves....

But i suggest that too many people not to get excited about January, as per usual you'll only get let down by the lack of transfer activity that is the norm for CCFC.

Daves Jones is doing a fantastic job considering the facilities at his disposal. There's no other manager out there that could do any better than Jones when placed in the same predicament!

Ian Holloway or Neil Warnock I would prefer to have or an up coming manager Darren Ferguson.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Ian Holloway is happy at Blackpool who are in a similar position to ourselves.

Neil Warnock...... HMmmmm..... not for me. (he's the COMPLETE opposite of DJ!) maybe too motivated.... :lol:

Darren Fergusson - hasnt done enough for me to warrant the place in taking over from our EXPERIENCED manager.

besides, where would the near £1m come from to pay off the DJ contract......

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Merlin wrote:Ian Holloway is happy at Blackpool who are in a similar position to ourselves.

Neil Warnock...... HMmmmm..... not for me. (he's the COMPLETE opposite of DJ!) maybe too motivated.... :lol:

Darren Fergusson - hasnt done enough for me to warrant the place in taking over from our EXPERIENCED manager.

I agree, we may as well keep DJ for this season and give him his last chance. Darren Fergusson we can then get for next, if we fail this season.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Merlin wrote:Ian Holloway is happy at Blackpool who are in a similar position to ourselves.

I agree, we may as well keep DJ for this season and give him his last chance. Darren Fergusson we can then get for next, if we fail this season.

Question for you Annis....

If CCFC get to the promised land next season, Do we still stick with Jones in the Prem? or thank him by sacking him and getting in someone who will retain cardiff in the premier league - or can Jones do the job in keeping us up there.....

I think all CCFC fans know that we aren't expecting anything other than the long hard slog of fighting to stay in the prem.... Can DJ carry out that particular task?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Merlin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Question for you Annis....

If CCFC get to the promised land next season, Do we still stick with Jones in the Prem? or thank him by sacking him and getting in someone who will retain cardiff in the premier league - or can Jones do the job in keeping us up there.....

I think all CCFC fans know that we aren't expecting anything other than the long hard slog of fighting to stay in the prem.... Can DJ carry out that particular task?

If PR is still here then DJ will def be kept on, I wouldnt want him to, but if he did get us there and I prey he does, really he needs to be given a chance, so my feelings should go out the window.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Ian Holloway breeds his teams on motivation I know DJ seems opposite but if we were going to the promised land would rather DJ AT THE HELM as Holloway only experience with small clubs small budgets not Prem remember DJ been there done it

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm very good at fixing fault providing I have the right tools for the job.

I'm not a favourite of DJ but have to be honest with myself, has he been given the right tools to do the job. What I find frustrating is one moment we seems to have the right tools, next we end up watch blunt ones.

Thing in some managers seem to get a better return even when they have these blunt instruments.

Hope he proves you wrong Annis.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I'm very good at fixing fault providing I have the right tools for the job.

I'm not a favourite of DJ but have to be honest with myself, has he been given the right tools to do the job. What I find frustrating is one moment we seems to have the right tools, next we end up watch blunt ones.

Thing in some managers seem to get a better return even when they have these blunt instruments.

Hope he proves you wrong Annis.

I really really hope he proves me wrong.