Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Evolution not revolution

Wed May 09, 2012 7:52 pm

We always knew that VT saw a marketing opportunity in his native country, I remeber Annis encouraging us to attend CCS with malaysian flags for a piece on Malysian TV. That is not a dig i think the welcome we gave them was right and breaking into a far east market is a huge plus.

Face facts we are in poo street with no income coming in, hence VT's bail outs every month.

So where is the revenue coming in to meet fair play rules? Currently none.

Where is the money coming from to buy the players we were begging for in January??

Like it or loathe it for Cardiff City Fc to survive and prosper we need revenue, income. Our new owners to be can give us a huge slice of a lucrative market BUT we have to evolve to that market. A hugely different culture where small things, such as shirt colours, matter a lot. This is evolution not revolution.

If blue is bad luck then the nickname/shirt need to change to secure that market. Saddening but true.

So City fans a premier league force and 'Bigger than Barcelona' may be within our grasp if we give up something.

DJ out - granted. MM in - granted. Egg chasers out - granted. Money to invest offered - up to us to embrace now.

This is not a dig, or taking sides, take a step back, think it through and remember it's about CARDIFF CITY FC.

Re: Evolution not revolution

Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Initially I had serious doubts about the rebranding, but having had time to think about it I feel that what has been promised by the Malaysians could be fantastic for the club and eventually we will reach the promised land of the Premier League. And hopefully when we get there, with the Malaysians backing we will not just be fighting relegation but contesting the top half of the table. Let's not forget this club was originally called Riverside and played in brown and gold.

Wed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Good post

Wed May 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Spot on mate :ayatollah:

Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Regarding the debate on saturday and potential protests.

PLEASE PLEASE make this non confrontational, constructive and respectable. As i've stated i can see the upset but feel we should accept and move on.

My worry? A witchhunt, personal and vicious abuse = bye bye VT and investment and hello nowhere fast.

Last weeks posts were all about lack of investment in the team costing premier league and kicking out the eggers.

If we are to be a big club there are compromises to be made.

Wed May 09, 2012 9:12 pm

I haven't been to Revolutions in Cardiff since 1974, but il be leading one if these Malaysians don't leave :old:

Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Polo you honestly would prefer administration?

Wed May 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Who says this club will go into administration?

And quite honestly I long for the f*cking days where there only f*cking 4k bluebirds in the stadium, as passionate as they come. These new fans are quite remarkable :old:

Wed May 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Welshpaul wrote:We always knew that VT saw a marketing opportunity in his native country, I remeber Annis encouraging us to attend CCS with malaysian flags for a piece on Malysian TV. That is not a dig i think the welcome we gave them was right and breaking into a far east market is a huge plus.

Face facts we are in poo street with no income coming in, hence VT's bail outs every month.

Where is the money coming from to buy the players we were begging for in January??

Like it or loathe it for Cardiff City Fc to survive and prosper we need revenue, income. Our new owners to be can give us a huge slice of a lucrative market BUT we have to evolve to that market. A hugely different culture where small things, such as shirt colours, matter a lot. This is evolution not revolution.

If blue is bad luck then the nickname/shirt need to change to secure that market. Saddening but true.

So City fans a premier league force and 'Bigger than Barcelona' may be within our grasp if we give up something.

DJ out - granted. MM in - granted. Egg chasers out - granted. Money to invest offered - up to us to embrace now.

This is not a dig, or taking sides, take a step back, think it through and remember it's about CARDIFF CITY FC.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Just to support my inital comments and VT's rationale i attach this link to wkipedia explaining the importance of colours in the far east. To us it seems trivial but to our potential marketplace it means a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_in_Chinese_culture

Wed May 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Oh and to balance the debate and opinions could this be a sticky??

Wed May 09, 2012 9:24 pm

The website you posted refers to Chinese culture. The Malaysians are different breed of Asian, I should know iv'e worked in both and never trusted those pesky Malaysians in my stint there.

Why did we educate them is beyond me :old:

Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Appreciate that Polo but the take on colour is the same.

Wed May 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Welshpaul wrote:We always knew that VT saw a marketing opportunity in his native country, I remeber Annis encouraging us to attend CCS with malaysian flags for a piece on Malysian TV. That is not a dig i think the welcome we gave them was right and breaking into a far east market is a huge plus.

Never a true word spoken well done this man, the Neanderthals don't understand thou.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 am

Again i ask, to show this board represents all views and opinions could this be made a sticky??

Thu May 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Oh well, how to insult people who have kept our club afloat an give it hope.

Sam Hamman allowing fans into the inner workings of a club has created a monster for any future owners.

Some of the comments aimed at VT were way out of order and if i were him i'd say bye bye.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 pm

For whatever reason i was banned with no explanation but now thankfully lifted.

As stated in my original post, we have to trust VT and accept perhaps, just perhaps, he has a little more business nous than us.

I pray he has accepted the apologies made as respect and good manners mean a lot. To far east businessmen.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm

Can mine be a sticky too please?