Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Latest on our Identity "

Tue May 08, 2012 11:50 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
stephen wrote:its not the malayazians that got us in this mess we all know who did

agreed something like this has been waiting to happen, if i have to see my team in red than no team at all
im not happy about it but sometimes you just have to accept things the way they are.
sam tried it and failed, the malaysians are trying and looking to succeed.

We don't have to accept anything. We were here way before the Malaysians and we'll be here a hell of a lot longer.

We can't take this lying down.

http://www.facebook.com/CardiffCitySaveOurClub

Wed May 09, 2012 2:59 am

f**k the cunts I was all for the malaysians before but as it stand now i hope the f*cking rot in hell I will never watch a cardiff team play in red at home we are the BLUEBIRDS end of if this means the end of the club then so be it id rather that then watch a plastic team

Wed May 09, 2012 4:07 am

if the information is true then it sounds like it's either - we go bust and lose the club or, we accept the deal - and lose the club..

to be honest, neither sound like a good option.

Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 am

When we played Blackburn in the cup there was about 36 Malaysian flags around the stadium and no Wales flags, there was a nasty reaction to that so they added those Welsh flags after.

I suppose the writting was on the wall then

Wed May 09, 2012 7:50 am

The main thing is the name of Cardiff City does'nt disappear, no matter what the kit colour or badge design
we will always be known as the Bluebirds

Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 am

The thing I fell in love with 30 years ago is the whole package of Blue Shirts and the Bluebirds name. If they go, then i will have nothing to do with it as all I've ever worshipped won't be there.

The move to the soulless CCS has been bad enough, now they expect our teams 100 year history to be forgotten about because the silly c**t has a favourite colour of Red.

If this happens I'll be burning my ST in their faces - 100% true

Wed May 09, 2012 10:27 am

I FEEL A PROTEST COMING ON.......GET ALL THE FANS TO ASK FOR A REFUND ON THEIR SEASON TICKETS AND ALL SIT IN THE STADIUM FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES..DAY NIGHT WHATEVER IT TAKES FOR THEM NOT TO TRASH THE BLUEBIRDS!!!! :ayatollah:

Wed May 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Im not happy about losing the blue colour, or bluebirds badge and name.
I was brought up with it and my daughter and son love us as the BLUEBIRDS !!!!

However something has to be done to get us out of this financial mess, and push us up to premiership.
100 Million would help quite alot.

looking at this from malaysian prospective now.
They are like any other business , in for a return and thats fair enough.
Over in the far East blue is an unlucky colour and i bet alot of Malaysians will see our losing at playoffs and carling cup final as due to our unlucky colour. Where red is a lucky colour over there. That is as much a tradition as Blubirds is to us.
So they will not make the sales and generate the support over there unless we change the colour.

Its a dificult damned if we do and damned if we do not situation.
i hope a compromise can be found and quickly. I would personally except a red shirt with blue strip and same badge and known as bluebirds for 100 million.
I just think our identity as bluebirds is very important and that the owners / investers need to meet with fans to reach a compromise that meets everyones needs. Worse still i just this week brought new BLUE shirts for my kids, and a bluebirds bag for work. aaaahhh.
I want Cardiff City to reach the promised land, and the bluebirds flying high, but not by complete rebrand that loses our identity.
I do wonder if that is why we failed to bring in players to make a final push, was it so a gun could be held against our head so these changes could be implemented? If we had made premiership they may not have had same oppurtunity to force these changes. We are a Welsh clup promoted in Malaysia NOT a Malaysian club promoted in Wales.
Both sides need to sit down and compromise now to get a one size fits all.

Wed May 09, 2012 2:37 pm

so sum fans on here would rather see the club go bust & keep the bluebird u must be f**king mad
were still called cardiff city the away kit is blue so who gives to f**ks about them changing the color & nickname if hes guna pump loads of money into us & get us promoted u could stick an english badge on our top aslong as were n the prem next year i do not care

WE'LL ALWAYS BE CARDIFF CITY & IM PRETTY SURE WE WILL STILL CHANT BLUEBIRDS DOWN THE GROUND

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 09, 2012 3:55 pm

personally I hate the idea.... dont mind the shirt and badge change, but why not have our away kit red instead??

Id rather see us go into administration take the points deduction at start of season, battle to the death... and resurrect from the ashes!!!

Scum, shampton and others have done it, at least we'd remain Cardiff City, THE BLUEbirds.

the badge im not fussed about but its a small price to pay. Im more concerned about or identity being lost!

BLUE ARMY!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :ayatollah:

Wed May 09, 2012 4:07 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:so sum fans on here would rather see the club go bust & keep the bluebird u must be f**king mad
were still called cardiff city the away kit is blue so who gives to f**ks about them changing the color & nickname if hes guna pump loads of money into us & get us promoted u could stick an english badge on our top aslong as were n the prem next year i do not care

WE'LL ALWAYS BE CARDIFF CITY & IM PRETTY SURE WE WILL STILL CHANT BLUEBIRDS DOWN THE GROUND

have you recently jumped on the bandwagon or something??

the prem is not the be-all and end-all!!

Wed May 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Just to clear a few things up.

I am a BLUEbird.
You are a BLUEbird
Fred Keenor was a BLUEbird
Eddie May was a BLUEbird
Ninian Park was the home of the BLUEbirds, long before anyone here was born.

It is more than a colour.

We will NOT prostitute our club to the highest bidder. If we can't get to where we want to be as Cardiff City- The Bluebirds, then we'll try again next year. And the year after that. You get the idea.
Its WHO WE ARE

We are The Bluebirds.
We f**k sheep, not tradition
We sell local talent, not souls

We are not whores and you can't buy our identity.

Wed May 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Once a Blue Always a Blue wrote:
aberdare-blue wrote:so sum fans on here would rather see the club go bust & keep the bluebird u must be f**king mad

so what u prefer the Malaysians pull out???

Wed May 09, 2012 4:44 pm

It's called progress, moving on, evolving

Think of the fuss when Arsenal had to move to the Emirates, Man City to the Ethiad

Newcastle, it goes on and on and on.

Accept it, stop living in the past and look to the future and the opportunities it will bring.

As long as they are still called Cardiff City, what else matters

He who pays the fiddler, calls the tune

Wed May 09, 2012 5:19 pm

upperboatblue wrote:It's called progress, moving on, evolving

Think of the fuss when Arsenal had to move to the Emirates, Man City to the Ethiad

Accept it, stop living in the past and look to the future and the opportunities it will bring.

If you call that progress then its like moving from Upper boat to Rhydyfelin. :lol: He who pays the fiddler can't afford an orchestra more like :lol:

Re: WalesOnline posts updated story (with vince alm quotes)

Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
goats wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:so we're basically being blackmailed by VT, f**k off and sell up you tw*t :evil:

Yeah coz they are queuing up to buy us hey. Ffs. If sam doesn't agree he will never see a penny of any cash. Fact. Get over it people ffs. Football has changed forever, it's why I hardly ever go. Big invest mind. Wowzers

VT can stick his investment, he is a Dictator. :evil: :evil:

F--king gutted Annis we're being told like it or lump it whats behind the changing the colour from blue to red and change of badge (mussolini) comes to mind :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :o

Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm

upperboatblue wrote:It's called progress, moving on, evolving

Ummm...

Arsenal. Highbury to Emirates
=Man City. Maine Road to Etihad
= Cardiff City. Ninian Park to CCS

That is progression and has happened and been accepted.

NONE of those teams have changed thier clubs colours and thier badge (every team goes through slight badge changes as we have in recent years) and thier whole identity.

Stop whoring out your passion for money.

Wed May 09, 2012 7:48 pm

We always knew that VT saw a marketing opportunity in his native country, I remeber Annis encouraging us to attend CCS with malaysian flags for a piece on Malysian TV. That is not a dig i think the welcome we gave them was right and breaking into a far east market is a huge plus.

Face facts we are in poo street with no income coming in, hence VT's bail outs every month.

So where is the revenue coming in to meet fair play rules? Currently none.

Where is the money coming from to buy the players we were begging for in January??

Like it or loathe it for Cardiff City Fc to survive and prosper we need revenue, income. Our new owners to be can give us a huge slice of a lucrative market BUT we have to evolve to that market. A hugely different culture where small things, such as shirt colours, matter a lot. This is evolution not revolution.

If blue is bad luck then the nickname/shirt need to change to secure that market.

So City fans, the bigger than Swansea, premier league force and 'Bigger than Barcelona' may be within our grasp if we give up something.

DJ out - granted. MM in - granted. Egg chasers out - granted. Money to invest offered - up to us to embrace now.

This is not a dig, or taking sides, take a step back, think it through and remember it's about CARDIFF CITY FC.

Wed May 09, 2012 8:59 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:
Once a Blue Always a Blue wrote:

so what u prefer the Malaysians pull out???

i didnt say that, what im getting at is too many fans are fixated on the prem when there is a bigger picture.... yes, dont get me wrong, i want to be in the prem, i want a quality team... but, we as stakeholders in the wonderful business thats Cardiff City are ignored and our opinion counts for nothing; even when we travel home and away week in week out and pay all the other inflated prices!

There should have definately been dialogue between owners/directors and the fans, rather than the 'fuk um, were doing this, like it or lump it' policy which has clearly been adopted.

as ive said in other threads, Im not so bothered about the colour shirt, our away shirt is blue, i will just buy that and nothing red....!

WE ARE BLUE!

Re: WalesOnline posts updated story (with vince alm quotes)

Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So the dirty bastards have already been lying to us, if the finances are so bad that we won't stay afloat more than 2 weeks

We always knew the money was bad down there ive said it all along to many abusive replys now its all come out we have no option but to go through everything they want or fold i guess :shock:

I'm probably in the minority here, but i think we've got no other option but to go along with what they (Malaysians) want. The sweetener they are offering sounds to good to turn down. We'll always be Cardiff City and we'll always be The Bluebirds, anyway. There's a factory near where i live which opened in the 60's. Since then it has been owned by a german company, a japanese company and currently an american company. Despite all these takeovers and name changes, the locals still refer to the place by it's 1960's name.

Wed May 09, 2012 9:58 pm

they will be red in the face playing in front of empty stadium

Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 am

mallo wrote:they will be red in the face playing in front of empty stadium

:thumbup: