Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Latest on our Identity "

Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 pm

FANS’ leaders tonight told WalesOnline they were torn over radical proposals for Cardiff City which could catapult the club to the summit of British football – but at the cost of its proud tradition.

Around 15 representatives met with officials from the club in a two-hour meeting held at the Cardiff City Stadium last night.

They emerged saying the club had listened to their concerns but that there was no option but to accept a generous financial package given the club’s finances.

They said the deal was dependent on the outstanding debt to Langston being settled but said if terms were agreed a raft of changes would be brought in – beginning at the start of the new season.

After the meeting, Vince Alm from Cardiff City Supporters’ Club said the club could struggle to keep afloat without the deal.

He said: “I understand what they were saying. The problem I have got is I’m a traditionalist and I think it’s the Bluebirds and the badge is our identity.

“I’m against that but understand the reasons why the local board are making this decision to put the club on a financial footing.

“They haven’t agreed on it but the reason they are looking at this offer to put the club on a sound financial footing.

“Without it we might struggle to keep afloat more than a week or two by the sounds of it.

“It gets away with a lot of our identity but you will never lose our history because it’s always there,” he said.

“Langston is yet to be done and that would be a pre-requisite of a deal going ahead.

“Apart from everything, it’s the best deal ever. It’s fantastic, the whole package, it’s great, it’s just the colour change and the badge change.

“Those are my personal views though and we need to talk to our members yet.”

Fan representative Keith Morgan said: “Basically the club put across its explanation of the outlying terms for new investment by the existing investors.

“There’s quite a bit of detraction in terms of the proposal to change our colours because of the worries fans have of losing our identity that has been with the club since 1899 and it has always been the Bluebirds.

“But it is trying to balance that out against the economic realities of life.”

And Annis Abraham, who has supported the team for 40 years, said: “We were 99% united in there all of us.

“They have gone further than Sam Hammam – they have taken the Bluebirds, they have taken the whole crest away and given us a red strip with not even a bit of blue trim, it’s black.

“They were fantastic – Alan Whiteley and Wayne Nash and the media lads.

“They listened to us but it doesn’t matter what we say because they admitted they only worked for Vince Tan. They felt for us, truly they did.

“It’s not down to them – it’s happening.

“It’s happening, no matter what anyone says and that’s what they have said.

Re: WalesOnline posts updated story (with vince alm quotes)

Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 pm

so we're basically being blackmailed by VT, f**k off and sell up you tw*t :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 8:58 pm

That last quote from vince sounds to me like the Malaysians are holding the club to ransom!

Accept our offer or we walk!!

Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm

So the dirty bastards have already been lying to us, if the finances are so bad that we won't stay afloat more than 2 weeks

Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Fuckinell two weeks away from staying afloat what a load of bollocks :twisted: knowing this season tickets are still selling fuckoff

Tue May 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Gavlar wrote:That last quote from vince sounds to me like the Malaysians are holding the club to ransom!

Accept our offer or we walk!!

well, they have kept us alive, so why shouldn't they rebrand, if they want to :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Yep, we're being told accept it or the club goes bust

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So the dirty bastards have already been lying to us, if the finances are so bad that we won't stay afloat more than 2 weeks

We always knew the money was bad down there ive said it all along to many abusive replys now its all come out we have no option but to go through everything they want or fold i guess :shock:

100 mil ain't going to last long with no one attending games!

Tue May 08, 2012 9:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:So the dirty bastards have already been lying to us, if the finances are so bad that we won't stay afloat more than 2 weeks

We always knew the money was bad down there ive said it all along to many abusive replys now its all come out we have no option but to go through everything they want or fold i guess :shock:

No, they could invest and keep the club's identity and still market the club in Malaysia

Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Annis, what's your take on this vince quote? We're you given that impression as well?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

This is about Cardiff City, not the colour blue!

I'd rather have a team representing the City and Wales than no club at all. :old:

Tue May 08, 2012 9:11 pm

now we can see why no money came in for players in jan 24 hours after a hammering by the hammers we get the take it my way stance or fold .myself ill take the money as i rather see cardiff city play now the test will come in june and july as malky will have not seen as much money to buy players but watch the inflated prices other clubs will want

Re: " Latest on our Identity "

Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Some amazing quotes here....unreal

Tue May 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Gavlar wrote:Annis, what's your take on this vince quote? We're you given that impression as well?

Yes if Tan did not get his way our Club would sink thats what they virtually said. :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 9:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:Annis, what's your take on this vince quote? We're you given that impression as well?

Yes if Tan did not get his way our Club would sink thats what they virtually said. :evil:

This is the quote of the day gentlemen. The truth is out

Tue May 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Langston is yet to be done and that would be a pre-requisite of a deal going ahead.

Does that mean, Sam has a big say into whether this deal goes ahead?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Ackers wrote:Langston is yet to be done and that would be a pre-requisite of a deal going ahead.

To me that says 'they must pay Sam in full as a condition before rebranding us'

Tue May 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Ackers wrote:Langston is yet to be done and that would be a pre-requisite of a deal going ahead.

So if they don't pay Sam what he wants, it wont happen?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:so we're basically being blackmailed by VT, f**k off and sell up you tw*t :evil:

Yeah coz they are queuing up to buy us hey. Ffs. If sam doesn't agree he will never see a penny of any cash. Fact. Get over it people ffs. Football has changed forever, it's why I hardly ever go. Big invest mind. Wowzers

Tue May 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Ackers wrote:
Gavlar wrote:

So if they don't pay Sam what he wants, it wont happen?

The change is happening no matter what, but the promise of £100 mill wont.

Tue May 08, 2012 9:53 pm

goats wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:so we're basically being blackmailed by VT, f**k off and sell up you tw*t :evil:

Yeah coz they are queuing up to buy us hey. Ffs. If sam doesn't agree he will never see a penny of any cash. Fact. Get over it people ffs. Football has changed forever, it's why I hardly ever go. Big invest mind. Wowzers

VT can stick his investment, he is a Dictator. :evil: :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Tough tough call BUT if it means we are financially viable plus debt free and millions invested and Prem status then colour change na cant say it - should have some blue at least

He aint a billionaire for nothing

By 2 months and a whack of new players fans will gt used to it - its like a death first day awful then realisation dawns

Maybe thats why we have been hearing of Big Players like Snodgrass being touted - all mkaes sense now

Is ths why they didnt want us to go up so they could clear debts and get rid of investers cheaper now than if in Prem ???

Tue May 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Annis why are you so against the rebranding , we still have our history, Why are you having a go at the malaysians of course we would go bust if the stopped putting money in every month. New shirt so what? we will always be the bluebirds and I will always support them as I have done for the last 55 years I will not ask for my season ticket money back, will not go shopping with the missus when city are playing at home. VT is a shrewd business man with all his billions he has had to be. if he is going to put all that money into city then game on. If he gets us to the premiership, then he will make loads of money in malaysia, as he did with the franchises there starbucks, macdonalds etc. good luck to him, if he puts his money where his mouth is

Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Been watching them since 1965 - never seen them in the top division. Not got another 40+ years left - dont like the changes but would like to see us competing with the big boys. Very hard to decide but cant see me pissed up on a Saturday singing ' Redbirds ' on the way home from the boozer ????????????

Tue May 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Do you think the players knew yesterday which is why they played like they didn't give a f**k?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:02 pm

its not the malayazians that got us in this mess we all know who did

Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 pm

stephen wrote:its not the malayazians that got us in this mess we all know who did

agreed something like this has been waiting to happen, if i have to see my team in red than no team at all
im not happy about it but sometimes you just have to accept things the way they are.
sam tried it and failed, the malaysians are trying and looking to succeed.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 pm

stephen wrote:its not the malayazians that got us in this mess we all know who did

Who ?

And what this got to do with getting rid of our nickname Bluebirds ? changing us to Red ?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 pm

Either the f*cking MONEY IS THERE, OR IT ISN'T. WHY ON EARTH SHOULD WEARING RED BE A PREREQUISITE TO INVESTMENT