Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY "

Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Tiger wrote:Where's the proof, where's the statement, who's said this, it's all bullshit Its like a mothers gathering on here with all the gossip, on here 2+2 = 10 too much In the know crap on here :ayatollah: Anyone for bingo :D

Dont you think I wanted it not to be true, a statement will come out.

Any idea of time frame? This week, late July etc?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

If they do rebrand, can I have a re-fund on my season ticket. As it won't be same club for me, it always be Cardiff city...

Tue May 08, 2012 11:46 am

I don't agree with this at all we are Cardiff City FC and we are the Bluebirds OUR COLOUR IS BLUE! I can understand a red 3rd kit possibly but still wouldn't be happy with it but not home or away kit.

Re: THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY

Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 am

2blue2handle wrote:Well we deal with these things if and when they happen.
I'm not going to rant and start looking at protests over a rumour.

Have you considered though that the Malaysians may have started this rumour to gauge reaction before announcing their plans.My worry is that if they get feedback that fans don't care then they may indeed bring in these plans.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sparkymarky wrote:If they do rebrand, can I have a re-fund on my season ticket. As it won't be same club for me, it always be Cardiff city...

At this moment thats exactly how I feel after 40 years of renewing it.

But this is absurd! Why are we believing that this'll seriously happen?! If (and that's a massive IF) then the fans will boycott the club and nobody will attend games.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:49 am

RFMH wrote:
Angry Man wrote:If the team didn't have the name 'Cardiff' in it and the rules changed then there would be nothing stopping them upping sticks to Malaysia really. As it has been touted a lot that foreign owners want to move clubs and games to different places around the world so is this the first real move towards that ?

bla bla baseless accusation baseless accusation. Don't you get bored of being wrong?

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77466

If you are going to quote me then quote ne correctly as i did say the word 'If' right from the start of that thread. Also was I wrong about this issue for the last god knows how many months/years ?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

Bluebird64 wrote:

Have you considered though that the Malaysians may have started this rumour to gauge reaction before announcing their plans.My worry is that if they get feedback that fans don't care then they may indeed bring in these plans.

May have.
Or a diversion tactic of some kind for something else like failing against west ham

Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

With messageboards, Twitter and Facebook all openly discussing this subject the club have to release a statement asap before things get out of hand!

Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 am

MathewL23CCFC wrote:I don't agree with this at all we are Cardiff City FC and we are the Bluebirds OUR COLOUR IS BLUE! I can understand a red 3rd kit possibly but still wouldn't be happy with it but not home or away kit.

Why not away? We;ve had red away kits before

Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

May have.
Or a diversion tactic of some kind for something else like failing against west ham

That would suggest they might be feeling guilty for not investing properly in the Jan transfer window.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 am

Thats the bitter pill to swallow could have spent in january and gone up but instead spend on a new red wallpaper and bedspread on merchandise and play Charlton next season

Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 am

CantonMagic wrote:They can still only invest £6 million max next year though. :?

Redbirds, Bluebirds, Sparrow Hawks, Vultures.... makes no difference the fair play rules come into effect.

The Sparrow-Hawks....that has a nice ring to it. :lol:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:59 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

May have.

That would suggest they might be feeling guilty for not investing properly in the Jan transfer window.

Not really, I doubt they feel guilty for this season.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 pm

What if someone asked to change the flag of Malaysia? or the name?

If there are legs in this then It's more than disrespectful... It's the death of CCFC, simple :shock:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

May have.

Not really, I doubt they feel guilty for this season.

the reason we did not invest in january is because vincent tan did not own the whole club and he said if he was going to invest a few million he wanted the other people who owned it at the time to do so aswell which is fair enough.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:07 pm

NickPenarth wrote:What if someone asked to change the flag of Malaysia? or the name?

If there are legs in this then It's more than disrespectful... It's the death of CCFC, simple :shock:

Malaysia is a country of 127,300 sq miles with a population of 28million, not a football club.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 pm

If they want a red team, tell them to go up the road to Bristol, I will demand my season ticket money back if this happen! Who do they think they are? They want to spend millions rebranding the club, while if we spent millions in January, we would've had an excellent chance of a top 2 spot... I can't believe they want to do this!

well if true, i dont mind red seats, can change the badge (like sam did ) to a dragon, but i cannot see them changing home kit to red, maybe away kit. cant see them changing name to a name without Cardiff City in it.
They will consult with fans, they are experianced businessmen.

This will always be my football club, the one I havce supported for 43 years, no one can take away our history, things do change and have to change, but its the supporters who make the club.

Forever Blue wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sparkymarky wrote:If they do rebrand, can I have a re-fund on my season ticket. As it won't be same club for me, it always be Cardiff city...

At this moment thats exactly how I feel after 40 years of renewing it.

But this is absurd! Why are we believing that this'll seriously happen?! If (and that's a massive IF) then the fans will boycott the club and nobody will attend games.

I really wish it was all bull shit, I honestly thought it was when I heard it yesterday, I AM f*cking FUMING. :evil: :evil:

Annis, will you be redesigning this messegboard to fit in with our new badge, red colors, and nickname then lol?

Tue May 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Likewise, We can't let this happen :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm

delmbox wrote:
NickPenarth wrote:What if someone asked to change the flag of Malaysia? or the name?

Malaysia is a country of 127,300 sq miles with a population of 28million, not a football club.

Oh and by the way Delmbox, yes Carl did think it was all bolloxs yesterday and really hoped it was and that the other mb was bullshitting as usual, but sadly they were not, but this morning certain people in our club confirmed it.
We knew there were big changes this year, PMG/Langston etc, but never this.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:14 pm

We have had a few red away kits I do recall. I can live with a red away kit.

Im sorry, but until I hear anything official, I cannot possibly believe we would change to red as our 1st colour.

We would have to change 27,0000 seats in the CCS for starters!!!

Got to be a wind up!!!

Tue May 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Were meeting with our club tonight to discuss it all.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

polo wrote:We have had a few red away kits I do recall. I can live with a red away kit.

Im sorry, but until I hear anything official, I cannot possibly believe we would change to red as our 1st colour.

Got to be a wind up!!!

This is kind of how I feel, I'm assured something is happening and it seems clear it's an idea being banded around but it's not something I can get angry about because it seems so unreal at the moment. If the name is changed I simply fail to see how it can be the same club we support.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Have the club also considered that us fans have a boatload of blue things such as flags, scarves, kits, clothing etc. :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

My initial reaction is anger at the thought of changing our colours because someone thinks it is a lucky colour.

We must wait for the club to announce something before we can fully understand the plans the Malaysians have.

I said only weeks ago that there would be a total overhaul of the club this summer and a restructuring of it too but not once was it ever mentioned of changing our identity as we know it.

You said it was b0llox yesterday :o

Carl, was told all along our club would have big changes regarding our Club, but never did we imagine this happening to us, I never trusted the Malaysians and have always said this and sadly I was right not to. :evil: :cry:

The Malaysians will spend millions on changing our colours to their, but wouldnt spend on our team.

Jokeworthy it is annis why ive always said i have no idea what there up to and got wacked for it over and over on here :twisted:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:We have had a few red away kits I do recall. I can live with a red away kit.

Got to be a wind up!!!

This is kind of how I feel, I'm assured something is happening and it seems clear it's an idea being banded around but it's not something I can get angry about because it seems so unreal at the moment. If the name is changed I simply fail to see how it can be the same club we support.

The name change is even more ridiculous and harder to believe!!!

Tue May 08, 2012 12:24 pm

redarmy redarmy :shock: not for me thanks :cry:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:If they want a red team, tell them to go up the road to Bristol.

They could do that and get Bristol City into the Prem..... I think that may annoy the fans just as much.

Oddly, I couldn't give a sh!t, it's only football. As long as there is a ground in my City and a team playing there I don't think I can waste the effort in worrying about it. Our history will not change and will not be lost.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Were meeting with our club tonight to discuss it all.

Make sure you tell them under NO circumstances that we will accept a name change and kit change. If they want to promote us in malaysia give us a red away kit and show them that ffs! Tell them people will stop going and its more than just a game of football to thousands of us its much more important than the premiership to us its a club... Our club