Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY

Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 am

delmbox wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I find this rumour very odd indeed.

I like the badge as it is and don't think it should be changed but if it was then so be it, Sam changed the badge, didnt really effect us.

New red kit, we would surely have to boycott any purchases of this, it would really piss me off but would say its liveable.

Name change - totally unacceptable

What a pathetic comment. If you think that a new red kit and a name chance is livable then I don't want to be associated with fans like you thanks. Good job you wern't around in WW2 as you would have been one of the collaborators that thought it would be livable to have blond hair and blue eyes. :evil:

You're right, buying a red kit would be exactly like helping to facilitate the invasion of an army led by a mass murdering ethnic cleansing sociopath

No I mean in the context of not fighting against something and rolling over with your arse up in the air.I hate people who sit on the fence saying they don't like something yet are prepared to live with it. I paid good money to watch my team Cardiff City (the bluebirds) and not the some team called the dragons who play in red. Anyone who would think that this is livable wants their head examined.
Last edited by Bluebird64 on Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carl, looks like I wasnt far away when I said the other day that Malaysians were huge believers in luck?

2blue2handle wrote:Pretty easy to quote one word out of a sentence and change it.

Did you stop supporting the club when Sam changed the badge?

I personally find it a disgrace that we currently also play in white (colour of Leeds, Swansea, England), do I still support the team when they wear white? Yes of course because I know it's Cardiff City irrespective of the strip colour.

Reading may not be your strong point but plead show me where I said a name change was liveable?
I can only see name change = totally unacceptable :roll:

Name change will happen too mark my words like you lot should have listened last time. Just wondering if you all have 'Big Red Mugs' in your cupboard ?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:22 am

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Pretty easy to quote one word out of a sentence and change it.

I personally find it a disgrace that we currently also play in white (colour of Leeds, Swansea, England), do I still support the team when they wear white? Yes of course because I know it's Cardiff City irrespective of the strip colour.

Reading may not be your strong point but plead show me where I said a name change was liveable?

Name change will happen too mark my words like you lot should have listened last time. Just wondering if you all have 'Big Red Mugs' in your cupboard ?

The only mugs involved will be us if we allow this to happen.

Bollocks to red .....................BLUEBIRDS ,BLUEBIRDS ,BLUEBIRDS

Well we deal with these things if and when they happen.
I'm not going to rant and start looking at protests over a rumour.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:23 am

still think it will never ever ever happen?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:23 am

You're right, buying a red kit would be exactly like helping to facilitate the invasion of an army led by a mass murdering ethnic cleansing sociopath[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: think i almost peed my self :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:25 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:

still think it will never ever ever happen?

I still can't see it happening no.
All seems a little far fetched to me.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 am

As Annis can confirm, one of the big reasons Gethin Jenkins left the club was because Tan thought he wasn't lucky so he is definitely a big believer in luck. However, I would be stunned if this rumor regarding 'rebranding' is true! If, however, the malaysians are serious about changing our name and colour I will be as angry as I've ever been about an issue regarding our football club. Owners come and go but Cardiff City should always play in blue and have the bluebird as the club logo! If we sink over 100 years of proud tradition just because an overseas owners thinks its lucky then serious questions will need to be asked!

Re: " THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY "

Tue May 08, 2012 11:28 am

Just got the feeling the away kit will be red that's all.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

CantonMagic wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

My initial reaction is anger at the thought of changing our colours because someone thinks it is a lucky colour.

We must wait for the club to announce something before we can fully understand the plans the Malaysians have.

I said only weeks ago that there would be a total overhaul of the club this summer and a restructuring of it too but not once was it ever mentioned of changing our identity as we know it.

You said it was b0llox yesterday :o

Carl, was told all along our club would have big changes regarding our Club, but never did we imagine this happening to us, I never trusted the Malaysians and have always said this and sadly I was right not to. :evil: :cry:

The Malaysians will spend millions on changing our colours to their, but wouldnt spend on our team.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:31 am

You did indeed state the name change was unacceptable apologies but we should not be changing the colours or badge either so you need to come off the fence on those issues also.Its just comments you make like "livable" and "so be it" is typical of the lilly livered attitude from fans which will allow these pathetic changes to be brought in.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am

you never trusted the Malaysians and have said all along....dont make me laugh

so when Sam changed our badge , you should of realised not to trust him then, rather than keep on prophessing how good he was

double standards

Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

My initial reaction is anger at the thought of changing our colours because someone thinks it is a lucky colour.

We must wait for the club to announce something before we can fully understand the plans the Malaysians have.

I said only weeks ago that there would be a total overhaul of the club this summer and a restructuring of it too but not once was it ever mentioned of changing our identity as we know it.

Carl, was told all along our club would have big changes regarding our Club, but never did we imagine this happening to us, I never trusted the Malaysians and have always said this and sadly I was right not to. :evil: :cry:

The Malaysians will spend millions on changing our colours to their, but wouldnt spend on our team.

Can't see it happening really and i think people need to chill untill the club make any comment about this RUMOR

Tue May 08, 2012 11:33 am

If the team didn't have the name 'Cardiff' in it and the rules changed then there would be nothing stopping them upping sticks to Malaysia really. As it has been touted a lot that foreign owners want to move clubs and games to different places around the world so is this the first real move towards that ?

Tue May 08, 2012 11:33 am

langley wrote:you never trusted the Malaysians and have said all along....dont make me laugh

so when Sam changed our badge , you should of realised not to trust him then, rather than keep on prophessing how good he was

double standards

Sam would listen to the fans and never went through with 90% of his ideas. I told Sam I could not stand the new badge, read my books. Also You very well know not once have I said I liked them or believed in them.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:34 am

leeds done it in the 60's changed there colour and badge from a peacock and went to be unbeatable for many years.... but look at them now :lol:

Angry Man wrote:If the team didn't have the name 'Cardiff' in it and the rules changed then there would be nothing stopping them upping sticks to Malaysia really. As it has been touted a lot that foreign owners want to move clubs and games to different places around the world so is this the first real move towards that ?

bla bla baseless accusation baseless accusation. Don't you get bored of being wrong?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77466

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:

Good point. As I stated earlier, they have spent nowhere near enough money to even consider these massive changes.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:

Annis, I still refuse to believe this is true BUT if it is then I think I would rather go into administration then have the Malaysians dictate our name and colour! At least that way we finally settle all of our debt issues and don't have owners doing away with over 100 years of proud tradition! Even if this is a hoax it actually worries me that there are quite a few fans who would be happy to play in red and change the name as long as the Malaysians put more money into the club.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 am

Where's the proof, where's the statement, who's said this, it's all bullshit Its like a mothers gathering on here with all the gossip, on here 2+2 = 10 too much In the know crap on here :ayatollah: Anyone for bingo :D

Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 am

I have been told Vincent Tan wants to change 26,000 seats to the colour Red, our home kit to Red, the Bluebirds to go,our badge to change totally and our stadium eventually to become Red.
I have also been told that many people within the club have advised VT not to do this.
Apparently Red is VT favourite colour and Red is VT lucky colour and he believes Blue will never get us promoted, I can only tell you want is being said.
An Announcement will being coming soon.

i really hope this isn't true!!! i'd be absolutely gutted....once a bluebird always a bluebird, are they gonna ban us from doing the ayatollah as well and destroy our identity all together? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:38 am

i think the kit is f*cked at the moment tho, come on seriously who has a football kit with just the word malaysia on?????? if it was malaysia airlines etc but seriously a football kit with just malaysia you dont see that! hes also taken of the welsh flag we used to have on the kits so to be honest the kits pretty messed up now aswell !

Tue May 08, 2012 11:39 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:i think the kit is f*cked at the moment tho, come on seriously who has a football kit with just the word malaysia on?????? if it was malaysia airlines etc but seriously a football kit with just malaysia you dont see that! hes also taken of the welsh flag we used to have on the kits so to be honest the kits pretty messed up now aswell !

It was the football league that decided to remove the welsh flag not our owners

Tue May 08, 2012 11:40 am

It'll never happen. The fans won't have it, simple!

Tue May 08, 2012 11:40 am

Tiger wrote:Where's the proof, where's the statement, who's said this, it's all bullshit Its like a mothers gathering on here with all the gossip, on here 2+2 = 10 too much In the know crap on here :ayatollah: Anyone for bingo :D

Dont you think I wanted it not to be true, a statement will come out.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 am

Jimbo27 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:

Annis, I still refuse to believe this is true BUT if it is then I think I would rather go into administration then have the Malaysians dictate our name and colour! At least that way we finally settle all of our debt issues and don't have owners doing away with over 100 years of proud tradition! Even if this is a hoax it actually worries me that there are quite a few fans who would be happy to play in red and change the name as long as the Malaysians put more money into the club.

we dont have no debt mate, or we wont have hes paying everything off so he can have full control of the club, as i posted all this yesterday but no one believes it unless it comes from annis or carl unfortunately !

Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Tiger wrote:Where's the proof, where's the statement, who's said this, it's all bullshit Its like a mothers gathering on here with all the gossip, on here 2+2 = 10 too much In the know crap on here :ayatollah: Anyone for bingo :D

Dont you think I wanted it not to be true, a statement will come out.

Do you know when this statement will be released?

I think the club need to sort this out as soon as possible

Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:i think the kit is f*cked at the moment tho, come on seriously who has a football kit with just the word malaysia on?????? if it was malaysia airlines etc but seriously a football kit with just malaysia you dont see that! hes also taken of the welsh flag we used to have on the kits so to be honest the kits pretty messed up now aswell !

I agree but the kit would be really f*cked up if it was red and had the dragons written on it.