Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY "

Tue May 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Will they rebrand e-cosway too? Why... because their logo is also Blue.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

Petition against rebranding of CCFC

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78948

Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Had a quick look and the internet domains for cardiff dragons are either taken or available. The ones that are taken don't appear to have any link to the club that I can see. I would have thought if they were planning this they would have bought them in advance. Maybe not as much truth to the whole of this rumour as people think although some of it may be true.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:33 pm

oh and btw there is already a team called cardiff dragons

http://cardiffdragonsfc.co.uk/

Tue May 08, 2012 1:36 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Sam said that our Bluebird was sissy like and wanted to change our colours to green, red & white. Cant recall any uproar then. As the great Brian Clarke once said "It doesn't really matter what name they're called or what colours they wear as long as he can give the fans some success at last,"

It was always Sams big idea to have one team supporting all of wages and like you said to change all that is being suggested now. He did change the badge but he soon realised that he had little support on the matter and didnt make the changes. Lets hope Tan does the same.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:50 pm

the malaysians can go back to were they came from as far as iam concerned, id rather be a skint bluebird in the blue square divisions than a red dragon in the premiership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue May 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Stop f*cking moaning, Daya got it spot on, if Tan starts splashing cash no one will give a f**k.

It will always be Cardiff City end of, f**k me years back we nearly went out of buisness, Borley again saved us with the Tan

Lets see what happens... Give Tan credit, he is paying for the club every month, no one else has any money!!

Tue May 08, 2012 2:21 pm

The fans have to be consulted on this. I'd be disappointed if it was done without any consultation. I suspect once they know the true feelings of the fans, they'll think a bit harder on this one.

Does he not realise that all would happen is thousands of fans would wear replica blue shirts which would be counter productive to his perceived lucky red colour.

Tue May 08, 2012 2:25 pm

If we got promoted..im not sure I'd be overly upset.

Tue May 08, 2012 2:27 pm

djwayne wrote:oh and btw there is already a team called cardiff dragons

http://cardiffdragonsfc.co.uk/

lol they havent won a game. send this evidence to VT immediately

Tue May 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Must say if this happens then its a disgrace..i dont like u but if this happend it just shows how pathetic this country has becom.
You have history and pride in that coulor and badge..but just because some f*cking asian likes red you sell up and leave him change everything that u have ever known??total piss take and u would never live it down.
Stand up for your club lads and dont let the stuck up them self fans and owners ruin your history..

Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 pm

If this all happens I will not be supporting this club anymore reading all this makes me feel sick as people have said I'd rather Cardiff city in the conference, please please let this not happen it will break my heart :(

Tue May 08, 2012 2:38 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Must say if this happens then its a disgrace..i dont like u but if this happend it just shows how pathetic this country has becom.
You have history and pride in that coulor and badge..but just because some f*cking asian likes red you sell up and leave him change everything that u have ever known??total piss take and u would never live it down.
Stand up for your club lads and dont let the stuck up them self fans and owners ruin your history..

Well said Paul. You understand History and a belonging to a club with colours and a Badge unlike some so called Cardiff City fans on here :evil: :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Must say if this happens then its a disgrace..i dont like u but if this happend it just shows how pathetic this country has becom.

Well said Paul. You understand History and a belonging to a club with colours and a Badge unlike some so called Cardiff City fans on here :evil: :evil:

Off to support the jacks then are you nukes if this does go ahead :lol: i would rather the powers that be start another cardiif city team up with funding from all fans than a f*cking name change and colours ect because the history of everything we mean will be gone :cry:

The uproar this would cause if they try to change our colour and our Name, We are the BLUEBIRDS and whatever they think i think it would be disaterous for The club and fan base, as much good as they have brought us, they can kiss it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But Nukes you said theres nothing to worry about right? ;)

Tue May 08, 2012 2:44 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:But Nukes you said theres nothing to worry about right? ;)

Hardly something people want to believe i really dont think now is the time to be taunting city fans tbh :?

Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:But Nukes you said theres nothing to worry about right? ;)

But Chief i spent ages typing away on my "myday" report i didn't read any other post. I went on what was said yesterday!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Now i am just fooking angry

Tue May 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Isn't Red the new Blue

Tue May 08, 2012 2:50 pm

What is anoying is that pepole come to this country and think they can do as they please..its the same with muslims coming here and forcing ther rights on us but to come here and change a 100plus year old football cluv witth history and tradition is well out of line.
And your council should allso stand up and say no to this because what next discounts for asians ..asian food only served..this guy as no love or feelings for u real fans but just wants a toy to play with and to do as he wants.
Feel sory for u lot i have to say as rivalry apart we all love our club and its just a piss take..we had it with petty but some fans got together and stood up to the c**t..good luck and hope to see u olay in blue for a long time to come..f*cking cant stand theses fuckers from other lands changing our history in this country..

Tue May 08, 2012 2:52 pm

the reaction of some fans is worse than the actual news

people dont seem bothered cos we might spend a few quid and we might go up, the premiership is not all that have some f*cking integrity and pride ffs

Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Have the club also considered that us fans have a boatload of blue things such as flags, scarves, kits, clothing etc. :evil:

I've a 20ft x 10ft red & white flag with Clydebank & Cardiff City splashed accross it - great news for us :D

In all seriousness though, while somethings change, I don't see why they would want to change the clubs colours. Has there been anything official on it yet though?

Tue May 08, 2012 2:54 pm

swansealad69 wrote:What is anoying is that pepole come to this country and think they can do as they please..its the same with muslims coming here and forcing ther rights on us but to come here and change a 100plus year old football cluv witth history and tradition is well out of line.
And your council should allso stand up and say no to this because what next discounts for asians ..asian food only served..this guy as no love or feelings for u real fans but just wants a toy to play with and to do as he wants.
Feel sory for u lot i have to say as rivalry apart we all love our club and its just a piss take..we had it with petty but some fans got together and stood up to the c**t..good luck and hope to see u olay in blue for a long time to come..f*cking cant stand theses fuckers from other lands changing our history in this country..

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: I am glad someone is standing up for our club even if it is a Cardiff hating Jack. Not like some so called Redbirds on here :evil: :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 2:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A lot Of the changes would annoy me but none more so than a name change, I just don't see how it can work.

Is there any kind of rules and regs about changing the name of a club?

In Scotland there certainly is. Registered name & colour changes up here have to be approved by the SFL.

Tue May 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Nukes to be honest I CANNOT see it happening at all. But its interesting gauging peoples responses

Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

swansealad69 wrote:What is anoying is that pepole come to this country and think they can do as they please..its the same with muslims coming here and forcing ther rights on us but to come here and change a 100plus year old football cluv witth history and tradition is well out of line.

I said it was PR stunt there up to before the season kicked off this if true proves its all about malaysia and nothing else like i said at first but got hammered on here for it :cry:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 08, 2012 3:00 pm

Does anyone actually believe that VT is going to go to the expense of changing every seat in the stadium because his favourite colour is red :lol:

Im trying to think of a club that has been promoted to the Prem that wears red, anyone........?

Tue May 08, 2012 3:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

My initial reaction is anger at the thought of changing our colours because someone thinks it is a lucky colour.

We must wait for the club to announce something before we can fully understand the plans the Malaysians have.

I said only weeks ago that there would be a total overhaul of the club this summer and a restructuring of it too but not once was it ever mentioned of changing our identity as we know it.

I have been told Vincent Tan wants to change 26,000 seats to the colour Red, our home kit to Red, the Bluebirds to go,our badge to change totally and our stadium eventually to become Red.
I have also been told that many people within the club have advised VT not to do this.
Apparently Red is VT favourite colour and Red is VT lucky colour and he believes Blue will never get us promoted, I can only tell you want is being said.
An Announcement will being coming soon.

We are meeting the Club tonight to discuss it all.

Carl - what time is the meeting tonight?

Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm

pengedragon wrote:the reaction of some fans is worse than the actual news

people dont seem bothered cos we might spend a few quid and we might go up, the premiership is not all that have some f*cking integrity and pride ffs

Well said, it's embarrassing

Tue May 08, 2012 3:04 pm

RFMH wrote:
MathewL23CCFC wrote:I don't agree with this at all we are Cardiff City FC and we are the Bluebirds OUR COLOUR IS BLUE! I can understand a red 3rd kit possibly but still wouldn't be happy with it but not home or away kit.

Why not away? We;ve had red away kits before

Yeah I guess as long as they don't change the home color I'll be happy.