Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY "

Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Personally, I'm not bothered by a red away kit at all, though would prefer yellow and blue which are traditionally our away colours. Something about all of this doesn't sit quite right to me, especially the timing of it. What would have happened if we had gone up, would they still have wanted to change our name and kit then? Why has all of this come out the same day we lost the tie against West Ham - surely the big wigs at the club wouldn't have released this news knowing the fans would be gutted about the result and therefore less likely to " come onboard" to such a drastic idea. If its true, I can't quite figure out what the benefits are to them by releasing this news at this time.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm

polo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:We have had a few red away kits I do recall. I can live with a red away kit.

Im sorry, but until I hear anything official, I cannot possibly believe we would change to red as our 1st colour.

We would have to change 27,0000 seats in the CCS for starters!!!

Got to be a wind up!!!

This is kind of how I feel, I'm assured something is happening and it seems clear it's an idea being banded around but it's not something I can get angry about because it seems so unreal at the moment. If the name is changed I simply fail to see how it can be the same club we support.

The name change is even more ridiculous and harder to believe!!!

Polo i knew all along the slinty eyes was not to be trusted :cry:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:28 pm

polo wrote:We have had a few red away kits I do recall. I can live with a red away kit.

Im sorry, but until I hear anything official, I cannot possibly believe we would change to red as our 1st colour.

Got to be a wind up!!!

This what I thought and still think.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Tell them Annis i accept everything else except a NAME CHANGE or HOME KIT COLOUR CHANGE.

If they announce we are to be called Cardiff Dragons and have a Red Kit i will CANCEL my season ticket and never watch a game ever again!

We'll sound like Parks Football team! I like the idea of a Red Away Kit because we're Welsh and it keeps the Malaysians happy.

We can't let them become Dictators! Brirtish Football is all about Tradition and History. :x :evil: :oops:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Can't believe this is even being considered. I'm 100% against changing the team name and home colours. A red away kit would be alright.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:32 pm

This must be a wind up.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm

i dont mind red away kit but changing the name everthing is wrong

Tue May 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I can't believe that this is actually happening. Please wake me up from this nightmare :twisted:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Ackers wrote:I can't believe that this is actually happening. Please wake me up from this nightmare :twisted:

Sadly its true, Ackers we are meeting our club tonight to discuss it.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm

I don't think they can change the name without league approval so that could scupper that one , someone tried it with mansfield a few years ago.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm

I dont have a problem with a red kit, the name "Dragons" etc (mind I have Wrexham as a 2nd team)....

... BUT NOT FOR CARDIFF CITY FC!!!

end of, they must f***in mad if they consider it...

Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Im sure annis will lead the protest is true, i for one will not be watching us ever again with most others if the name change and colour joke goes through. :cry:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:43 pm

If these people are really considering changing the name and colours of the club, they don't understand anything about the soul of a football club. Twats.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ackers wrote:I can't believe that this is actually happening. Please wake me up from this nightmare :twisted:

If they plan on doing what they to do then what are us fans supposed to do about it other than say NO WE DO NOT WANT THIS AND THAT AND THE REASONS WHY?

Tue May 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Were meeting with our club tonight to discuss it all.

Have a word with them, this is ridiculous if true, can't be allowed to happen, I'd rather the Malaysians fucked off and we went back to the dungeons than this shit :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sparkymarky wrote:If they do rebrand, can I have a re-fund on my season ticket. As it won't be same club for me, it always be Cardiff city...

At this moment thats exactly how I feel after 40 years of renewing it.

Agree. I also would like a refund on my season ticket as I paid to watch Cardiff City (the bluebirds) and not some dragons playing in red.I would have had more respect for the Malaysians if they had announced this prior to the sale of next years season tickets so we could have registered our disgust by not renewing.

Sorry Annis but I can't help but say that is a despicable viewpoint. I dont want the change but we've played in red before and if it is good in terms of profit for the club then go for it because do we really want to risk sinking to the depths of the English pyramid again debunking everything this club has achieved whilst playing in BLUE? No. The best thing we can do is take the rebranding and make playing in BLUE the catalyst to a successful era playing in red.

HISTORY WILL NEVER BE CHANGED.

WHY? MOST CAR PARKS IN CARDIFF USE THE CODE 1927. THE YEAR WE WON THE FA CUP.

THE TRADITION OF OUR CLUB LIVES ON THROUGH PEOPLE, THE HISTORY BOOKS AND SO FORTH.

WE'LL ALL BE ABLE TO GET OUR GRANDCHILDREN, I REMEMBER CARDIFF PLAYING IN BLUE AND WINNING THE FA CUP.

Teams go through transition and its not always a bad thing. The days Everton played at Anfield and so forth now Liverpool deem it their fortress. Thats just the way things are.

THEY CAN NEVER EVER TAKE OUR MEMORIES. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will always love Cardiff City even if they play in shit covered toilet roll. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Give them what for Annis. We need to squash this now.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 pm

will we get a report tonight as soon as this meeting is over how do we the humble supporter get our feelings to be taken into concideration these rumoured changes if put in to practice would be totally unacceptable to me and many others carl or annis must get a poll going before your meeting so as you can represent us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: cardiff city bluebirds fore ever thats the way we like it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if and when you need any help getting protests etc going im ready to do what ever it takes anytime anywhere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:53 pm

MyBloodWillAlwaysBeBlue wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sparkymarky wrote:If they do rebrand, can I have a re-fund on my season ticket. As it won't be same club for me, it always be Cardiff city...

At this moment thats exactly how I feel after 40 years of renewing it.

Agree. I also would like a refund on my season ticket as I paid to watch Cardiff City (the bluebirds) and not some dragons playing in red.I would have had more respect for the Malaysians if they had announced this prior to the sale of next years season tickets so we could have registered our disgust by not renewing.

Sorry Annis but I can't help but say that is a despicable viewpoint. I dont want the change but we've played in red before and if it is good in terms of profit for the club then go for it because do we really want to risk sinking to the depths of the English pyramid again debunking everything this club has achieved whilst playing in BLUE? No. The best thing we can do is take the rebranding and make playing in BLUE the catalyst to a successful era playing in red.

HISTORY WILL NEVER BE CHANGED.

WHY? MOST CAR PARKS IN CARDIFF USE THE CODE 1927. THE YEAR WE WON THE FA CUP.

THE TRADITION OF OUR CLUB LIVES ON THROUGH PEOPLE, THE HISTORY BOOKS AND SO FORTH.

WE'LL ALL BE ABLE TO GET OUR GRANDCHILDREN, I REMEMBER CARDIFF PLAYING IN BLUE AND WINNING THE FA CUP.

Teams go through transition and its not always a bad thing. The days Everton played at Anfield and so forth now Liverpool deem it their fortress. Thats just the way things are.

THEY CAN NEVER EVER TAKE OUR MEMORIES. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I will always love Cardiff City even if they play in shit covered toilet roll. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

your blood will always be red you sell out, changing our history for money and success, feck off :evil:
we've been blue for over a 100 years, we'd be laughing stocks :twisted:

Tue May 08, 2012 12:55 pm

At the end of the yr i'm 50, 50yrs a Bluebird NO WAY will i be going to watch Cardiff play in red :shock: . It would be like supporting another team, i just cant see this happening :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: BLUEBIRDS

Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm

polo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Got to be a wind up!!!

This is kind of how I feel, I'm assured something is happening and it seems clear it's an idea being banded around but it's not something I can get angry about because it seems so unreal at the moment. If the name is changed I simply fail to see how it can be the same club we support.

The name change is even more ridiculous and harder to believe!!!

A lot Of the changes would annoy me but none more so than a name change, I just don't see how it can work.

Is there any kind of rules and regs about changing the name of a club?

Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Why do these cunts don't get what a football club is? The supporters are a football club! The symbols of the club are owned by the supporters, it's as simple as that. Players come and go, so do managers, boards and even malaysian owners. The heart and soul of a professional football club consist of the supporters. If you kill the connection between the supporters and the club, the club will die. A club without supporters is nothing.

Tue May 08, 2012 12:59 pm

right

its time every single one of us, forums, trust, supporters clubs, whatever get together on this

if they are going to do this they arent going to do it without a fight

this is our club and we cant just roll over and let them take it away

Tue May 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Sam said that our Bluebird was sissy like and wanted to change our colours to green, red & white. Cant recall any uproar then. As the great Brian Clarke once said "It doesn't really matter what name they're called or what colours they wear as long as he can give the fans some success at last,"

Tue May 08, 2012 1:01 pm

why didnt he do it then ?

Tue May 08, 2012 1:03 pm

pengedragon wrote:why didnt he do it then ?

Dunno, perhaps he knew he was out of his depth on his own. Who knows, he started the change though.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm so pissed off with this if true. This has been been tried once and failed! We are the bluebirds of Cardiff with a long tradition of wearing BLUE! What's fucks me off the most is that it would be changed to satisfy a mans superstitions etc..it will not generate any extra f*cking revenue changing seats and jersey colours, quiet the opposite. I'll be very surprised if this actually gets to the drawing board.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:11 pm

i'm happy with red,we need to shake off the loser tag.

Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis while i hope they dont change the colour and kit etc, do you think theres much that can be said? What a billionaire wants im pretty sure hel get ?

Tue May 08, 2012 1:14 pm

I think having a Red home Colour kit is the least of our problems . Having a clueless Manager and a inept striker are of more of a concern to me