Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY "

Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 am

I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

My initial reaction is anger at the thought of changing our colours because someone thinks it is a lucky colour.

We must wait for the club to announce something before we can fully understand the plans the Malaysians have.

I said only weeks ago that there would be a total overhaul of the club this summer and a restructuring of it too but not once was it ever mentioned of changing our identity as we know it.

I have been told Vincent Tan wants to change 26,000 seats to the colour Red, our home kit to Red, the Bluebirds to go,our badge to change totally and our stadium eventually to become Red.
I have also been told that many people within the club have advised VT not to do this.
Apparently Red is VT favourite colour and Red is VT lucky colour and he believes Blue will never get us promoted, I can only tell you want is being said.
The name Cardiff City will remain.
An Announcement will being coming soon.

We are meeting the Club tonight to discuss it all.

Re: THE REBRANDING OF CARDIFF CITY

Tue May 08, 2012 10:28 am

carlccfc wrote:I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

My initial reaction is anger at the thought of changing our colours because someone thinks it is a lucky colour.

We must wait for the club to announce something before we can fully understand the plans the Malaysians have.

I said only weeks ago that there would be a total overhaul of the club this summer and a restructuring of it too but not once was it ever mentioned of changing our identity as we know it.

You said it was b0llox yesterday :o

Tue May 08, 2012 10:28 am

Welsh dragons is what im hearing Carl?

Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

They won't change colours of the team, they'd know the reaction would force them the other way.

I could see losing the daffodil, dragon going left and Malaysian flag next to it though.

This could be plugged in a way that it shows the longevity the Malaysians have towards the club.

Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

I for one would be devastated.. :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 10:31 am

Carl i heard about this about 2 weeks ago and it was exactly as that poster bluesince1908 wrote yesterday

Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 am

Bloodly hell the Malaysians have more front than porthcawl if this is true

Tue May 08, 2012 10:33 am

CantonMagic wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I can't get my head around the idea that at the moment is a rumour though there does seem to be some legs in part of the story, staff at the club will not confirm nor deny the rumour this morning and all that I am being told that is the announcement must come from those at the top.

You said it was b0llox yesterday :o

why do you think i was so confident in our bet the other day!

Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 am

Green and white hoops please Vincent and Cymraeg Celtic for the new name :ayatollah:

Feck the bluebirds they can't fly in high winds

Tue May 08, 2012 10:39 am

Why would the debt go though?

Tue May 08, 2012 10:43 am

If they didn't have Cardiff in the new name then they could move it.

People supporting this arent football fans at all

Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am

Read bluesince1908 original post (i believe it's still on ccmb).

The rebranding is negative but the rest of it is extremely positive and what he has wrote is exactly what i heard. i didnt hear about the red seat and new training complex though!

Tue May 08, 2012 10:45 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78883

Tue May 08, 2012 10:47 am

What was the feeling when Sam changed the badge. Can't remember to many discerning voices but hay that was Sam.

Tue May 08, 2012 10:52 am

No way should we change our colour or name, i have supported this team all my life since i was 8 years old and i am 53 now, we are the Bluebirds, we play in blue and we are Cardiff City FC.
Lucky colour Red,,,Bollocks to that, its nothing to do with luck, its to do with funding the club, Man City havent done badly wearing blue, oh yer there club has been funded !!!
Feck Red its shite !!! :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 10:54 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:No way should we change our colour or name, i have supported this team all my life since i was 8 years old and i am 53 now, we are the Bluebirds, we play in blue and we are Cardiff City FC.
Lucky colour Red,,,Bollocks to that, its nothing to do with luck, its to do with funding the club, Man City havent done badly wearing blue, oh yer there club has been funded !!!
Feck Red its shite !!! :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Nothing to do with funding either. Look at Swansea, Blackpool and Burnley in recent years, all gone up spending little.

Tue May 08, 2012 10:54 am

The Malaysians can rename the stadium, have whatever name they like on the jersey but in no way should they be allowed to change our name or our colours.I am grateful that they have invested in our club but they have not invested anywhere near the amount that would come close to justifying what is being proposed. I am afraid that if these changes come about then I will no longer support them or the rebranded club. I am not stuck in the mud and welcome change but not at the expense of who we are and our great heritage.I know that I am only one fan but I know many others who feel the same.If the Malaysians are serious about these changes and are determined to bring them in regardless then at least have the decency announce it before the season tickets went on sale so fans had a choice whether or not to renew.

Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am

They can still only invest £6 million max next year though. :?

Redbirds, Bluebirds, Sparrow Hawks, Vultures.... makes no difference the fair play rules come into effect.

Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am

I do agree with you there, however they all had very astute managers who were all backed in the January transfer markets by there owners with either funds ( if not massive ) or good loan players i.e....Borini etc !!! :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue May 08, 2012 10:59 am

I find this rumour very odd indeed.

I like the badge as it is and don't think it should be changed but if it was then so be it, Sam changed the badge, didnt really effect us.

New red kit, we would surely have to boycott any purchases of this, it would really piss me off but would say its liveable.

Name change - totally unacceptable

Tue May 08, 2012 11:04 am

2blue2handle wrote:I find this rumour very odd indeed.

I like the badge as it is and don't think it should be changed but if it was then so be it, Sam changed the badge, didnt really effect us.

New red kit, we would surely have to boycott any purchases of this, it would really piss me off but would say its liveable.

What a pathetic comment. If you think that a new red kit and a name chance is livable then I don't want to be associated with fans like you thanks. Good job you wern't around in WW2 as you would have been one of the collaborators that thought it would be livable to have blond hair and blue eyes. :evil:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:06 am

Bluebird64 wrote:

What a pathetic comment. If you think that a new red kit and a name chance is livable then I don't want to be associated with fans like you thanks. Good job you wern't around in WW2 as you would have been one of the collaborators that thought it would be livable to have blond hair and blue eyes. :evil:

Don't think you read it correctly but nevermind :roll:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am

Bluebird64 wrote:

You're right, buying a red kit would be exactly like helping to facilitate the invasion of an army led by a mass murdering ethnic cleansing sociopath

Tue May 08, 2012 11:08 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

:lol:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am

A jack mate sent me this link a couple of weeks ago http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... 6&t=121112 obviously I ignored it thinking it was bollocks, but sadly not it seems.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

No, I think I read it perfectly correctly. To the badge change you stated "so be it" and the name change you describe as "livable". You have a history of running with the hares and the hounds but now its time to be stand up and be counted so grow a spine ffs. As I stated previously your comments are pathetic.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:14 am

Bluebird64 wrote:The Malaysians can rename the stadium, have whatever name they like on the jersey but in no way should they be allowed to change our name or our colours.I am grateful that they have invested in our club but they have not invested anywhere near the amount that would come close to justifying what is being proposed. I am afraid that if these changes come about then I will no longer support them or the rebranded club. I am not stuck in the mud and welcome change but not at the expense of who we are and our great heritage.I know that I am only one fan but I know many others who feel the same.If the Malaysians are serious about these changes and are determined to bring them in regardless then at least have the decency announce it before the season tickets went on sale so fans had a choice whether or not to renew.

Totally 100% agree. I did tell them all that changes like these were on the cards months ago but would they listen ? I would rather struggle than have this put upon the club I love.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:15 am

delmbox wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

You're right, buying a red kit would be exactly like helping to facilitate the invasion of an army led by a mass murdering ethnic cleansing sociopath

:lol: :lol:

thats exactly what i was thinking

Tue May 08, 2012 11:15 am

Pretty easy to quote one word out of a sentence and change it.

Did you stop supporting the club when Sam changed the badge?

I personally find it a disgrace that we currently also play in white (colour of Leeds, Swansea, England), do I still support the team when they wear white? Yes of course because I know it's Cardiff City irrespective of the strip colour.

Reading may not be your strong point but plead show me where I said a name change was liveable?
I can only see name change = totally unacceptable :roll:

Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

NO FUCKIN CHANCE. who the f**k! Look i am all for the malaysians coming in to strenghten our club, but name changing and colour change can get fucked. if this turns out to be the case i expect every fan and his dog to be protesting and boycotting this move. we are the BLUEBIRDS nothing else. cheeky cnuts. :ayatollah: