Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tables turned? Ultimate embarrassment in a bad week...

Mon May 07, 2012 5:16 pm

Have the tables now completely turned with us and the Jacks. That Hymns and Arias song has just topped it all off for me.

We struggled to sell 21,000 tickets for our home play-off with West Ham after really playing some poor stuff this year... They have sold out every game and played some lovely stuff and will probably finish top 10 if they beat Liverpool...

So with it being difficult to put up an argument that we are better or even bigger than them.. Have we now become obsessed with them to top all that off? Knock that song on the head, its worse than singing Bob Marley. :oops:

Before anyone says, its our own version... I know it is - the fact we feel the need to sing it at ll shows we are obsessed with what they have become.

Re: Tables turned? Ultimate embarrassment in a bad week...

Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 pm

CantonMagic wrote:Have the tables now completely turned with us and the Jacks. That Hymns and Arias song has just topped it all off for me.

We struggled to sell 21,000 tickets for our home play-off with West Ham after really playing some poor stuff this year... They have sold out every game and played some lovely stuff and will probably finish top 10 if they beat Liverpool...

So with it being difficult to put up an argument that we are better or even bigger than them.. Have we now become obsessed with them to top all that off? Knock that song on the head, its worse than singing Bob Marley. :oops:

Before anyone says, its our own version... I know it is - the fact we feel the need to sing it at ll shows we are obsessed with what they have become.

Seems like your obsessed as well.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 pm

I think the jacks are more obsessed than ever by us than ever. Always have been, & always will be.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:19 pm

We were not signing the original version....................

Not obsessed with Jacks at all - unlike many others who constantly post about them

We are bigger than them - stats do not lie!!!

WE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER - and yes I know WHU just scored another!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Mon May 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:We were not signing the original version....................

Not obsessed with Jacks at all - unlike many others who constantly post about them

Ive aknowledged its not the original, thats not the point. The point we sing it at all says we are obsessed with what they have become.

3-0 West Ham

Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 pm

I think you are a Jack.

Obsessed with their team & forever slagging off ours.

Thinks like a Jack, acts like a Jack .............!

Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm

CantonMagic wrote:

Ive aknowledged its not the original, thats not the point. The point we sing it at all says we are obsessed with what they have become.

3-0 West Ham

Become what exactly? Consolidation?? Next season it will be a different ball game for you, just wait & see.
A season of struggle, just like the last time! ;)

Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:

3-0 West Ham

Become what exactly? Consolidation?? Next season it will be a different ball game for you, just wait & see.
A season of struggle, just like the last time! ;)

Close to a top half premier league team, spending £15 million per season on their squad without borrowing a penny, have an exciting brand of football and very strong Welsh identity.

And I think that last point is why we have tried to repeat the chant and add our own words.

We feel we are losing our identity.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:37 pm

They've always been obsessed with us, and always will be. Whenever they play us, it's a cup final for them. They've had a massive chip on their shoulder for years.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:They've always been obsessed with us, and always will be. Whenever they play us, it's a cup final for them. They've had a massive chip on their shoulder for years.

Are the cliches that we continually roll out yes.

But its one thing saying the truth and another saying the above piece we seemingly ave drummed into us - doesnt make it true though.

Mon May 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Sorry lads but at the moment the only thing that you're bigger & better than us is making the rest of the country laugh out loud ,another 90 minutes of comedy gold

Mon May 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Basically, I have no animosity towards the Jacks for their success.

I just don't care :!:

Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Just to begin with i have no animosity toward Cardiff City or Cardiff fans, and i personally would have loved to see Cardiff go up this season, but i would now say that the Swans have gone up to a new level from the side that played in last years championship, one or 2 additions this summer will see us maintain a mid table position for next season.

Mon May 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Mabonjack wrote:Just to begin with i have no animosity toward Cardiff City or Cardiff fans, and i personally would have loved to see Cardiff go up this season, but i would now say that the Swans have gone up to a new level from the side that played in last years championship, one or 2 additions this summer will see us maintain a mid table position for next season.

One or two "quality" additions maybe, but will you club financially support that?

Mon May 07, 2012 6:38 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Mabonjack wrote:Just to begin with i have no animosity toward Cardiff City or Cardiff fans, and i personally would have loved to see Cardiff go up this season, but i would now say that the Swans have gone up to a new level from the side that played in last years championship, one or 2 additions this summer will see us maintain a mid table position for next season.

One or two "quality" additions maybe, but will you club financially support that?

They spent about £12 illion last year and tht was before they knew they would get another 50 mill.

safe to say they will.

Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:

Rick if you believe what Rodgers is telling the local press, he stated that the chairman is going to back him with the money he requires to get a few quality signings in over the summer, i think Huw Jenkins realises now how much cash is involved in staying in the premiership, i suspect we will have to spend 6/7 million to keep sigurdson and probably another 10m on a few more additions to the squad, namely a centre half and possibly another forward.

Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm

BorderBlue wrote:I think you are a Jack.

Obsessed with their team & forever slagging off ours.

Thinks like a Jack, acts like a Jack .............!

Your 100 % right.....he is a jack, cant everyone else see it

Mon May 07, 2012 6:47 pm

CantonMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

They spent about £12 illion last year and tht was before they knew they would get another 50 mill.

safe to say they will.

I bow to you superior knowledge on Swansea City affairs CM, you obviously know a lot about them. ;)

Mon May 07, 2012 6:49 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

safe to say they will.

I bow to you superior knowledge on Swansea City affairs CM, you obviously know a lot about them. ;)

Its just maths.

Mon May 07, 2012 6:51 pm

CantonMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

safe to say they will.

jack c**t, I've no interest in what you're doing in the premiership, haven't watched any of your games, you're obsessed with us you pathetic prick :lol:

Mon May 07, 2012 6:53 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

safe to say they will.

jack c**t, I've no interest in what you're doing in the premiership, haven't watched any of your games, you're obsessed with us you pathetic prick :lol:

There you go then

Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Mabonjack wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

safe to say they will.

There you go then

it wasn't aimed at you it was that fake cantonmagic prick, obviously a jack on a windup

Mon May 07, 2012 7:10 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Mabonjack wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
CantonMagic wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

safe to say they will.

There you go then

it wasn't aimed at you it was that fake cantonmagic prick, obviously a jack on a windup

No worries CF14