Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Taxi for Whittingham

Thu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Aderyn was right, he needs a rest.

No one has pointed out yet that he has played every minute of every league game this season, for that reason he looked jaded and half a yard off the pace.

He should have been rested about 3 games ago, poor management by Malky?

Thu May 03, 2012 11:02 pm

If he based it on tonights performance I could agree, he was the worse player on the pitch in my opinion

But hes had amazing season which can't be forgotten about :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Thing is with Whitts, he can be shit all game, then pull off a little bit of magic out of a hat. Like his assisst for Mason against Leeds. He's one you just need to have in the team :ayatollah:

Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Whittingham is a great player!!

Scored a great goal at Crystal Palace and an amazing pass led to Joe Mason's goal in the Leeds United match.

Fri May 04, 2012 3:38 pm

He is the best player in the league. f**k Rickie Lambert!

Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 pm

TBH I think the teams are keeping a close eye on him. We can't build a team around 1 player.

Fri May 04, 2012 5:19 pm

The tone of the original post was wrong, but everyone has a price.

Whitts was excellent as the free man in the 5 man midfield, but since we have had Miller and Joe playing out of position after christmas, he is expected to play like a more conventional centre midfield in a 442, he is not owning games.

If Malky get us the 2 wingers and he plays 433, Whitts will again get more time on the ball.

For the Jack- Gylfi Sigurdsson is not a Swansea player, and I doubt he will ever be.

Fri May 04, 2012 5:33 pm

Not helped Malky playing him too deep.

Fri May 04, 2012 5:57 pm

I love Whitts but he was awful last night,cant believe the Mirror gave him our top mark of 7 their reporter must have been watching a different game to me

Fri May 04, 2012 6:37 pm

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:I love Whitts but he was awful last night,cant believe the Mirror gave him our top mark of 7 their reporter must have been watching a different game to me

Second half pushed his score up.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:22 pm

As i said in my original post..

Get rid.. such a liability, goes wandering during games and not worth a place in the team

Mon May 07, 2012 5:23 pm

I thought he would walk into our team :lol:

Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 pm

He, like everyone else, has just had a bad 2 games. Just unfortunate that WHU wanted to turn it on now and not previously :roll:

Mon May 07, 2012 5:28 pm

He's been marked out of games since January. If anything his lack of form in the second half of the season shows how much we rely on him. More creative players needed next season to take the pressure off him.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Top goalscorer top asisster. Would be mad to get rid of him.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:36 pm

What i don't understand is if everybody bangs on about Whittingham being Premiership quality, why hasn't anybody taken a punt on him??

We value him around about £4/5 million and clubs aren't willing to pay that as he just isn't value for money. He can score some good goals and create a few but i'd rather have a player whos involved in the game for 90 minutes creating numerous chances, stays in his position, makes a tackle, beats the first man from set pieces etc...

He is a shadow of his former self and if we get a suitable offer for him, we should accept it and move on

Mon May 07, 2012 5:37 pm

himynameismartyn wrote:What i don't understand is if everybody bangs on about Whittingham being Premiership quality, why hasn't anybody taken a punt on him??

We value him around about £4/5 million and clubs aren't willing to pay that as he just isn't value for money. He can score some good goals and create a few but i'd rather have a player whos involved in the game for 90 minutes creating numerous chances, stays in his position, makes a tackle, beats the first man from set pieces etc...

He is a shadow of his former self and if we get a suitable offer for him, we should accept it and move on

Because he's not very good it's as simple as that, overrated by our fans.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Sell him, cash in.

Mon May 07, 2012 5:39 pm

BradSK wrote:He's been marked out of games since January. If anything his lack of form in the second half of the season shows how much we rely on him. More creative players needed next season to take the pressure off him.

Yeah, I'd go with that. He's still quality, he just needs help. There's not much wrong with our team, we just need more back-up (and better quality back-up at that) and a few tweaks to the first XI.