Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taxi for Whittingham

Thu May 03, 2012 9:48 pm

The guy has gone stale..

Poor crosses, poor first touch, doesn't tackle, can't head...

The last 4 months has been absolutely shocking for him and its time to say bye bye to him..

Sell him to the highest bidder

Re: Taxi for Whittingham

Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Moron

Thu May 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Cretin.

Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 pm

i thought this forum was for opinions.. that's mine

Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Whittingham has played in every game this season, he scored a lovely goal last week and Im glad hes a City player. There you go another opinion.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 pm

ADERYN wrote:Whittingham has played in every game this season, he scored a lovely goal last week and Im glad hes a City player. There you go another opinion.

:ayatollah:

Thu May 03, 2012 10:07 pm

himynameismartyn wrote:i thought this forum was for opinions.. that's mine

Well I'm sorry but your opinion is total drivel.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:10 pm

well heres mine since he saw conway get injured hes bottled out of all tackles his touch is awful and he doesnt deserve his place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu May 03, 2012 10:10 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:well heres mine since he saw conway get injured hes bottled out of all tackles his touch is awful and he doesnt deserve his place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And your opinion is shite too. How about that?

Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Yes, he does score the occasional goal but it doesn't hide the fact that has overall play has been poor and has shown no sign of improvement and the perfect example i can prove is tonight

Thu May 03, 2012 10:12 pm

First name on the team sheet without a doubt.

himynameismartyn wrote:The guy has gone stale..

The last 4 months has been absolutely shocking for him and its time to say bye bye to him..

Where the f**k to you twats get off. I'd rather have 16000 people at the Ccs than dull bastards like this go back to your armchair u plastic knob head. Whittingham ham been our best player for decades maybe our best ever I hope to f**k u dont have a season ticket for next year because if I was sat next to u I would be in the doc for gbh!

Send him this way then fellas I'd happily have him on our bench/reserves.

Mind you, as good as he is on the ball he isn't half shit off it, probably why no Premier League clubs have declared a serious interest in him.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Bobbanker89 wrote:

Where the f**k to you twats get off. I'd rather have 16000 people at the Ccs than dull bastards like this go back to your armchair u plastic knob head. Whittingham ham been our best player for decades maybe our best ever I hope to f**k u dont have a season ticket for next year because if I was sat next to u I would be in the doc for gbh!

touched a nerve eh? I've been a season ticket holder for 9 years.. plastic enough for you? And judging by the use of your English, i gather you're a special little boy ;)

Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Milfy_Sigurdsson wrote:Send him this way then fellas I'd happily have him on our bench/reserves.

Mind you, as good as he is on the ball he isn't half shit off it, probably why no Premier League clubs have declared a serious interest in him.

Plenty of us have said this (myself excluded) but as much as everyone has someone to mark etc., he isn't going to be charging about looking to make thundering tackles, is he? Some players are like that and Whitts is one of them.

Who gives a shit about his defensive ability anyway? His attacking ability is what we're interested in and is what has made him so good these past few seasons.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Nine years you missed out on the eddie may years, youd have been calling so many taxis, people would think we were the taxi rank. Whitts needs a rest hes still a fine player :ayatollah:

Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm

himynameismartyn wrote:
Bobbanker89 wrote:

touched a nerve eh? I've been a season ticket holder for 9 years.. plastic enough for you? And judging by the use of your English, i gather you're a special little boy ;)

The only thing special here fella is your view on whits, if u have had it for 9 years you must have spent most of it talking out of your arse! f*cking do one my son yeah he wasnt the best tonight but neither where the other 10 players on the pitch. So saying that we need to get rid of him is 100% out of order. Oh and by the way you can still be plastic and a season ticket holder mate! Plastic snaps easily and so does your support when things look bad!

Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm

The original poster got a lot right in this post apart from selling whitts, for me whitts has had his worst season since joining us, he sometimes looks like a lost sheep in the centre and has had to drop deep all season and therefore doesn't show what he can do as much when he's pushing forward, his dead ball is still excellent but he has played every game this season and it is showing more and more as of late, for me he still play best on the left and at times this season like today we have needed width and we have not used a natural left footer on the left and it's cost us as Taylor has been left exposed more often than he should be and again today tht was the case

Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Milfy_Sigurdsson wrote:Send him this way then fellas I'd happily have him on our bench/reserves.

Plenty of us have said this (myself excluded) but as much as everyone has someone to mark etc., he isn't going to be charging about looking to make thundering tackles, is he? Some players are like that and Whitts is one of them.

Who gives a shit about his defensive ability anyway? His attacking ability is what we're interested in and is what has made him so good these past few seasons.

That's what you need at the top level, Dobbie was a class act in the Championship, but shit off the ball hence his floptacular performances at PL level and I don't like saying that as I loved the bloke.

And why is Whittingham above closing people down and putting a shift in then? Gylfi does and he has more talent in his left toe than Whittingham does in his entire body (Proven by him scoring more PL goals in 1 week than Whittingham in his entire career in the PL)

And that by the way is no disrespect to Whittingham, I do think he is a good player and I'd happily have him down here, he's certainly your best player by a considerable distance.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:27 pm

well im not plastic ive missed 4 games home and away this season and yes im a season ticket holder for next season and in my oppinion whitts is a shit house in the tackle and as far as a attacking force he has done f**k all for the last numerous games one lucky goal recently does not make him our best player get your head out of his arse hole and watch a replay of tonights game and see how inept he really was :ayatollah:

Thu May 03, 2012 10:29 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:The original poster got a lot right in this post apart from selling whitts, for me whitts has had his worst season since joining us, he sometimes looks like a lost sheep in the centre and has had to drop deep all season and therefore doesn't show what he can do as much when he's pushing forward, his dead ball is still excellent but he has played every game this season and it is showing more and more as of late, for me he still play best on the left and at times this season like today we have needed width and we have not used a natural left footer on the left and it's cost us as Taylor has been left exposed more often than he should be and again today tht was the case

Four four two gave him the best football league player award!

Thu May 03, 2012 10:31 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:well im not plastic ive missed 4 games home and away this season and yes im a season ticket holder for next season and in my oppinion whitts is a shit house in the tackle and as far as a attacking force he has done f**k all for the last numerous games one lucky goal recently does not make him our best player get your head out of his arse hole and watch a replay of tonights game and see how inept he really was :ayatollah:

A combination of your manager playing him out of position and his lack of work ethic, although 1 ineffective performance doesn't make him a bad player.

Why not question the 10 players in the team around him? No one else stood up to release the pressure off Whittingham therefore the WH players snuffed him out of the game as would have been discussed all week on their training ground.

Not even Messi/Ronaldo can do it all by themselves at times ...

Thu May 03, 2012 10:32 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:well im not plastic ive missed 4 games home and away this season and yes im a season ticket holder for next season and in my oppinion whitts is a shit house in the tackle and as far as a attacking force he has done f**k all for the last numerous games one lucky goal recently does not make him our best player get your head out of his arse hole and watch a replay of tonights game and see how inept he really was :ayatollah:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... MQCbR96L-8

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... iV5XqJiO9Q

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... u4_D65Iui8

Plenty more on you tube, actions speak louder than words!

Thu May 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Milfy_Sigurdsson wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

That's what you need at the top level, Dobbie was a class act in the Championship, but shit off the ball hence his floptacular performances at PL level and I don't like saying that as I loved the bloke.

And why is Whittingham above closing people down and putting a shift in then? Gylfi does and he has more talent in his left toe than Whittingham does in his entire body (Proven by him scoring more PL goals in 1 week than Whittingham in his entire career in the PL)

And that by the way is no disrespect to Whittingham, I do think he is a good player and I'd happily have him down here, he's certainly your best player by a considerable distance.

Whitts is our god, you should know :lol:

Good point about Dobbie though. I was wondering why he wasn't give much of a chance. But Whitts is much better than Dobbie. And he does close people down, it's just that he doesn't charge around like a nutcase. He also puts a shift in - I remember DJ saying that he is one of our top players in terms of running/tracking back etc.

Even if Sigurdsson is left-footed, he hasn't got a left foot like Whittingham's! I think that your point about the goals is a bit harsh though. Whitts hasn't played in the Premier League for years. Unfair to compare him with Sigurdsson really.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Teams just know that we play through him and put two midfielders on him. Doesn't get the space anymore.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Good point about Dobbie though. I was wondering why he wasn't give much of a chance. But Whitts is much better than Dobbie.

But is he really? Their respective goal ratios in the second tier since Dobbie's arrival would suggest they're of similar ability and I remember Dobbie making many assists for us too (And the Swansea & Blackpool teams he's played in were/are arguably inferior to the Cardiff team(s), especially your one of last season)

5 in 7 for Blackpool on his recent stint ...

But rubbish in the Premier League ...

Thu May 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Lets get one thing clear, Whitts was shit tonight. He was in the wrong position all game and not up field enough to make things happen. He almost played as a defender and we all know he does not make tackles. My main concern with him tonight was the amount of balls he gave away and his passing was woeful. He was like that last week against palace but redemed himself with a good goal. I think that Malky has foolishly put all his eggs in one basket by building the team around him which is great when he is on form but not so good when he is not playing that well. Cardiff are easy to beat with the right tactics and its as imple as just marking Whitts out of the game as they did tonight.

Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 pm

What a cock :o

Thu May 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Milfy_Sigurdsson wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Good point about Dobbie though. I was wondering why he wasn't give much of a chance. But Whitts is much better than Dobbie.

But is he really? Their respective goal ratios in the second tier since Dobbie's arrival would suggest they're of similar ability and I remember Dobbie making many assists for us too (And the Swansea & Blackpool teams he's played in were/are arguably inferior to the Cardiff team(s), especially your one of last season)

5 in 7 for Blackpool on his recent stint ...

But rubbish in the Premier League ...

But does Dobbie do what he wants? :lol:

Ahem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMQCbR96L-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiV5XqJiO9Q

Thu May 03, 2012 10:55 pm

who whitts???????