Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff to face Forest Green Rovers in pre-season

Wed May 02, 2012 8:52 pm

FOREST Green have confirmed they will play Premiership hopefuls Cardiff City in a pre-season friendly.

Rovers, who return to training on June 28, will play at the Cardiff City Stadium on Friday, July 27 with a 7.45pm kick-off.

The game has been arranged due to the close friendship between Forest Green boss David Hockaday and Cardiff’s Malaky Mackay after their time together at Watford.

Three days before the Cardiff game, Rovers welcome Hockaday’s former side Swindon Town with Paolo di Canio League Two champions travelling the short distance to Nailsworth on Tuesday ,July 24, 7.45pm. Rovers also face Gary Waddock’s League One Wycombe Wanderers.

Hockaday’s side travel to Southern League outfit North Leigh and FA Trophy semi-finalists Wealdstone as part of the deals that brought Matty Taylor and Kieron Forbes to the New Lawn. A date for the Gary Neville Allstar X1 is yet to be confirmed but is set to take place in early August.

FGR pre-season friendlies: Tuesday, July 10, Frome Town (A) 7.30pm, Saturday, July 14, North Leigh (A) 3pm, Tuesday, July 17 Cirencester Town (A) 7.30pm, Wednesday, July18 Wycombe Wanderers (H) 7.30pm, Friday, July 20, Shortwood United (A) 7.30pm, Tuesday, July 24, Swindon Town (H7.45pm, Friday, July 27, Cardiff City (A) 7.45pm, Tuesday , July 31, Slimbridge (A) 7.30pm, Friday, August 3, Wealdstone (A) 7.30pm.

Re: Cardiff to face Forest Green Rovers in pre-season

Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm

A bit strange that, usually they have the bigger club as the away side?

Wed May 02, 2012 9:32 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:A bit strange that, usually they have the bigger club as the away side?

I was thinking that, a bit insulting :lol:

But nevertheless, I'll Be There :ayatollah:

Wed May 02, 2012 9:35 pm

CantonJack wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:A bit strange that, usually they have the bigger club as the away side?

Is that who Stuart Fleetwood plays for? :ayatollah:

Wed May 02, 2012 9:39 pm

CantonJack wrote:

Yeah true :lol: :lol: :lol:

And me too :ayatollah:

Wed May 02, 2012 9:40 pm

BridgendBlue44 wrote:
CantonJack wrote:

Is that who Stuart Fleetwood plays for? :ayatollah:

This the guy you're looking for? :ayatollah:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Fleetwood

Wed May 02, 2012 10:08 pm

We do have an ex City player at Forest Green...Curtis McDonald -

http://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/firs ... s-mcdonald

Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:We do have an ex City player at Forest Green...Curtis McDonald -

mad as a box of frogs, his old man got the Canton Cross, curtis was sitting next to me at CC final (sound guy really is city thru and thru) :ayatollah:

Thu May 03, 2012 12:38 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:We do have an ex City player at Forest Green...Curtis McDonald -

mad as a box of frogs, his old man got the Canton Cross, curtis was sitting next to me at CC final (sound guy really is city thru and thru) :ayatollah:

He's a decent player although I'm sure he's been out for majority of this season with a injury.