Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gavin Rae

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Just tweeted
“@raeso77: Best of luck to the bluebirds tomorrow. Big game. Confident for them to do it though.”

Top guy and one of DJ's top signings

Re: Gavin Rae

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Top man, a true bluebird :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 pm

fair play he was f*cking crap :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:13 pm

caerblue wrote:fair play he was f*cking crap :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bit harsh, he joined on a free and worked his bollox off. We should have released him a couple of years earlies but he did a good job for us when called upon and a total pro.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Bit harsh, he joined on a free and worked his bollox off. We should have released him a couple of years earlies but he did a good job for us when called upon and a total pro.

didnt rate him personally might have been a decent bloke but for me he werent a decent footballer

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Just tweeted
“@raeso77: Best of luck to the bluebirds tomorrow. Big game. Confident for them to do it though.”

Top guy maybe but "Top signings"

Do me a f*cking favour :lol:

Then again you think Rudy is a good footballer :lol:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm

polo wrote:

:roll:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm

polo wrote:

Top signing in terms of value I would say yes.

You keep saying I say things about rudy that I never say :roll: don't let facts get in the way tho

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
polo wrote:

:roll:

Yawn

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Shut up Polo

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Shut up Polo

No

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

very harsh.....agreed did his job :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:01 pm

A decent Pro but I wouldnt say he was anywhere near one of DJ's Top signings mate.

Players like Chopra, McCormack, Loovens, Johnson, Bothroyd, Marshall, McPhail I would class
as his best signings, probably missed a few that would be above Rae aswell.

:ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 pm

polo wrote:

rudy lol bring back gary stevens lol

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:A decent Pro but I wouldnt say he was anywhere near one of DJ's Top signings mate.

Players like Chopra, McCormack, Loovens, Johnson, Bothroyd, Marshall, McPhail I would class

I agree all above Rae, most commanded a transfer fee though and when you consider the number of free transfers who turned out to be so very poor I still think he was one of the best for value. Not the best player by any means but signed at the right time and did a hell of a job for us at the time. We have since moved on and look at better players.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 pm

I dont think he was that bad. He popped up with crucial goals and worked his bollocks off. IMO he's a 'Malky player' but wouldn't be good enough to get into this side :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:A decent Pro but I wouldnt say he was anywhere near one of DJ's Top signings mate.

I agree all above Rae, most commanded a transfer fee though and when you consider the number of free transfers who turned out to be so very poor I still think he was one of the best for value. Not the best player by any means but signed at the right time and did a hell of a job for us at the time. We have since moved on and look at better players.

got to agree with this, never saw him let the side down in any game I was at. On top of that he is a decent fella. He's related to a bloke I work with and was good enough to help me out with tickets once as well so can't say naything bad about him!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 pm

We all dream of a team of Gavin Rae's! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:44 am

People seem to forget he was mostly a regular all season in 2010, but missed the play off final with injury.