Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MACKAY "not feeling the pressure"

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Just doesn't know his biscuits......... :lol:

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay insists his side are not feeling the pressure as they bid to secure a Championship play-off spot.
The Bluebirds travel to Crystal Palace on Saturday knowing avoiding defeat should guarantee their top-six place.
But Cardiff will miss out if they lose to Palace and Middlesbrough overcome Watford at Vicarage Road.
"We can't control anything that goes on there, so I'm not going to worry about it," said Mackay.
"We look at it like we have done every game we go into, especially recently away from home.
"We want to try to win the game and if you do that you give yourself the best chance I think."
Cardiff supporters are in for a nerve-wrecking afternoon at Selhurst Park after seeing their side suffer play-off agony in recent seasons.
Continue reading the main story

I certainly haven't seen signs of bottlers around the football club

City lost out to Reading at the semi-final stage last year and were beaten 3-2 by Blackpool in the 2010 final.
The Bluebirds' inferior goal record saw them narrowly miss out on the play-offs in 2009, but this time they have a goal difference of plus-10 in the favour over Boro.
Mackay denies his current squad will lose their nerve against Palace.

"I only control what I can control and I can only speak about Cardiff City from July onwards this season," he said.
"I certainly haven't seen signs of bottlers around the football club.
"I've seen a lot of hard work, seen a lot of people that have got a lot of respect for each other between staff and players, and have worked really hard."

Cardiff have already beaten Crystal Palace twice this season as they prepare to meet for a fourth time since November.
Goals from Peter Whittingham and Kenny Miller wrapped-up a 2-0 win at the Cardiff City Stadium in the league, while the sides also met in two Carling Cup semi-finals.
Palace won the first leg 1-0 at Selhurst Park but were beaten on penalties in the return leg after Cardiff led 1-0 in normal time.
"We know each other quite well," added Mackay.
"We've had a league game and then we had two great games with them in the semi-finals and I think that provided a lot of entertainment for a lot of people.
"It's a tough place to go, Selhurst Park.

"It's never an easy game there and we know it's going to be a good game."
Meanwhile, Mackay is hoping to spend some time with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson ahead of the clash with Crystal Palace.
Ferguson's side have been using Cardiff City's training facilities at the Vale Resort as they build-up to the crunch Premier League derby against Manchester City on Monday.
"We'll see what time he [Ferguson] arrives," said Mackay.
"He did say he was going to come in for a cup of tea, so I've got the Bourbon Creams out."