Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PAYING ON THE DAY AND WITH TICKETS SOLD

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:18 pm

How many do you reckon we will fill out of the 5000 ?

it should be all , but with people waiting to see what happens im going for 3000 :ayatollah:

Re: PAYING ON THE DAY AND WITH TICKETS SOLD

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm

ccfcgrangeend wrote:How many do you reckon we will fill out of the 5000 ?

it should be all , but with people waiting to see what happens im going for 3000 :ayatollah:

As long as there's tickets left for me and my nipper, happy days.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm

I will say 3,000 Max.

Club very disappointed, they thought we would sell out.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

As i said on another thread we are not as big a club as we think.Big clubs would have definately sold out for this.E.g Leeds,Sheff Weds etc etc :(

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

They won't be disappointed with the noise we generate, though.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

As i said on another thread we are not as big a club as we think.Big clubs would have definately sold out for this.E.g Leeds,Sheff Weds etc etc :(

Sadly I have to agree. :cry: :cry:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

As long as there's tickets left for me and my nipper, happy days.

On this I agree with. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

I think we are victims of our own recent (relative) success. All the play-offs of recent times (not to mention the disappointments) :( Plus all the cup runs etc.

I have no doubt what-so-ever we will sell out should we make the play-offs though. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

The thing is when we get to Wembley for the final watch all the plastics come calling looking for a day out again :evil:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

The thing is when we get to Wembley for the final watch all the plastics come calling looking for a day out again :evil:

if we reach the final and you get a spare Lee any chance i can have it :lol: :oops: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

Happened in 2008, 2010, 2012 (for the Carling Cup Final) and guaranteed for the play-offs or any other time we may get there. We haven't filled the CCS once this season and that's a shame, because the players deserve better.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Good shout Nedd :(

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Of Course Saddam, You are loyal and not a plastic mate. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Gutted I can't get down for this but got to echo the other posts suggesting we should be selling this out no probs.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I will say 3,000 Max.

Don't worry, I am sure that we will make the noise of 5000 (especially if we score)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Hopefully people will have a change of heart last minute , and get down to LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDOOONNNN and pay on the day , your team needs you and the fans need you COME ON WHERE ARE YA ? LETS BE HAVING YA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:01 pm

It's weird that we. Took thousands more to places like scunny years ago on crap average attendences but can't sell out for our most important game of this season. When we have 4 times the average of them days

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Tubzo wrote:It's weird that we. Took thousands more to places like scunny years ago on crap average attendences but can't sell out for our most important game of this season. When we have 4 times the average of them days

Money s a big problem, plus its not a big deal these days. 4th big 'last day' in 4 seasons :ayatollah:

Thats not to mention the nonsense we've had to put up with over the years. Bubble trips, hundreds banned , RV points, searches, every little club wanting to have a go at stragglers, all-ticket games. Arrests for being in the wrong place, for drinking too much, for looking at a police officer the wrong way, its been terrible for 20 years.

Lets face it those who make the effort to go away these days really do have to stick their necks out.

Those who look back and compare this with say S****horpe away, or palace in the 70's have got to remember its a different ball-game these days.

As for money well most of our fans have just shelled out several hundred on a season ticket and probably a hundred a head each on Wemble. There is possibly another £30 a head for the play-off semi, and then another £100= a head if we win that (not to mention a possible away in between).

Lets not dwell on the numbers, it woud be great if we sold out, but we won't,lets just remember for the ones that go get behind the side, sing your hearts out, give your all, forgive mistakes and be proud of who we are

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 am

spot on post lawnmower

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 am

I don't care if the club are disappointed, apart from the fact that they obviously haven't got their finger on the pulse of their own support or the current financial climate.

How do they not see the cost of these things nowadays, especially with the trips we make to Wembley on a yearly basis and people thinking ahead in case we get there again.

As with football as a whole they are insular and players will NEVER see the poverty that has started to sweep the country. Do they care, no they don't. They are aware that they have a captive market and instead of being thankful for this they make statements via websites that they are 'disappointed' and bleed it's followers in order to pay stupidly high wages

I'll be there but we cannot all call on disposable funds constantly. We take whatever fans we take, end of. We aint a Leeds or Sheffield Wednesday (who'd have thought Dave Jones would have gone on to a bigger club).

Our fanbase has changed. The trips in years gone by were undertaken by indivudal fans paying their way. Nowadays you have families who will need four tickets from one income or see someone miss out.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 am

I think 3000 plus is excellent.
Been there so many times, expensive £30 tickets, after Barnsley as well. Who do these clubs think they are?
Shit hole of places ripping us off.

City history of failing at last hurdle, Wembley just gone and possible play offs to come.

Money is tight at the moment so that sort of support for a game that was irrelevant a week ago is excellent.

If the club are disappointed with the support then perhaps they should realise we are disappointed with their "bottling it" reputation they have gained over the last couple of years. Not saying this team are, far from it, but there is that feeling amongst many fans, (Preston, Ipswich, Blackpool, Sheff Weds, Reading etc).

Maybe the club could have got the prices down. How much are Palarse fans paying? League rules state it must be same for both sets of fans. Cardiff get no money for taking fans away in league so financially it is better for CCFC for fans to save for the play offs (if they get there).
3,000 fans will make a lot of noise, especially in a crowd of 15,000.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am

There is loads of factors why it will only be around 3000 going as a few have said above. Its not like when you could have a top day out running round pissed and enjoying yourself, your all wrapped up by chivers and his little bum chums filming you waiting for one wrong word/action then bang!!! band, record, prison. If you do a bus with your mates you need to report it to the filth etc then they will keep tabs on you via the driver all day. On top of this money is a massive factor, sheff wed the other year when we somehow still didnt make it and took loads up there. Its just not the same anymore, not the same bunch of lads going away either who would all stick together, quite a few bellends and grasses and wannabes.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 am

the lanes in ely wrote:There is loads of factors why it will only be around 3000 going as a few have said above. Its not like when you could have a top day out running round pissed and enjoying yourself, your all wrapped up by chivers and his little bum chums filming you waiting for one wrong word/action then bang!!! band, record, prison. If you do a bus with your mates you need to report it to the filth etc then they will keep tabs on you via the driver all day. On top of this money is a massive factor, sheff wed the other year when we somehow still didnt make it and took loads up there. Its just not the same anymore, not the same bunch of lads going away either who would all stick together, quite a few bellends and grasses and wannabes.

some very good points, as you say its not like it used to be where you could go and have a cracking day out with mates a few beers generally just enjoying yourself. even if you stop well away from an away fixture for a few beers the local cops find you within half hour and keep a close eye on prceedings till your on your way. :evil:
money is tight for alot of people at the moment.... i know as my missus just keeps telling me how much it costs everytime i say i'm going somewhere :lol:
still wouldn't give up the away day trips though :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:24 am

I would have to buy four tickets and simply don't have the cash when you add on travel, food etc etc. I've renewed my four season tickets every year at CCS, as well as every home round of the Carling Cup since we've been there, paid for car parking every season, been to every home friendly, away FA Cup games at WBA & Chelsea and Carling Cup game at Villa, bought my sons every kit and my own home and away shirt each season, dvds and other incidentals as presents, taken them to fifteen away league games in the two seasons that they have wanted to go away plus the away leg of the semi at Selhurst Park and Wembley three times in five years and am hoping for a fourth trip to come very soon - despite it being another £500.00 day out. All this has been done on an income barely above the minimum wage and to hear they are disappointed not to sell out makes me f*cking angry.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:I would have to buy four tickets and simply don't have the cash when you add on travel, food etc etc. I've renewed my four season tickets every year at CCS, as well as every home round of the Carling Cup since we've been there, paid for car parking every season, been to every home friendly, away FA Cup games at WBA & Chelsea and Carling Cup game at Villa, bought my sons every kit and my own home and away shirt each season, dvds and other incidentals as presents, taken them to fifteen away league games in the two seasons that they have wanted to go away plus the away leg of the semi at Selhurst Park and Wembley three times in five years and am hoping for a fourth trip to come very soon - despite it being another £500.00 day out. All this has been done on an income barely above the minimum wage and to hear they are disappointed not to sell out makes me f*cking angry.

Spot on.
Almost the same for me. With kids/family it is very expensive (hard to justify financially) and THEY are disappointed. THEY don't know what the real world is like. The club staff, players family /hangers on get free tickets for the games, why don't they donate them to various fans instead? Some wouldn't go without free tickets. Club could subsidise travel if they want more than 3000 (what I think is tremendous support in the circumstances). Look at away support that comes to our ground and they complain about our away support. Don't deserve any support with comments like that.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:08 am

Just echoing what a lot of others have said the main consideration is money or rather the lack of it :( I went to Barnsley a few weeks ago and the costs were as follows:

Ticket (Scandalous) at £30.00 :o

Bus Fare (Reasonable Thanks Andys) £20.00

Programme £3.00

Pre Match Carvery and a few pints £20.00

Bottle of over priced beer at ground £4.00 :twisted:

Few cans & grub on way back £10.00

Total £87.00

Watching a shit game but a City win priceless :D :ayatollah:

However in all seriousness having paid up front for my Season Ticket, travelled to Barnsley and the potential cost of an away leg in the Play Offs and hopefully another trip to Wembley I just can't afford Palace this weekend, but hats off to everyone going and i know the support will be fantastic just like the Carling Cup Semi Final (Another costly trip i went to).

I'm isure that if we could afford it myself and a few thousand more would be there, but the club shouldn't be dissapointed with 3000 + going not in the current economic climate :(

Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 am

it would make good pr if they paid for supporters to travel up to palace,

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Any update on how many tickets we sold , im sure the walk up will be fantastic :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:45 pm

signalman wrote:it would make good pr if they paid for supporters to travel up to palace,

Are you kidding me the club couldn't give too fucks about us fans or could the owners all there intrested in is milking the fans in love with the team and the malaysian joke dream we got going on over there, fans need to see how it is. :evil: other clubs do it on a reg basis do not expect us to start it :lol:

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

If the club are that disappointed put some free tickets on. After all they don't mind paying silly money to the players and all the hangers on around the premier grandstand. They don't worry about the lads that get pushed around or slung in jail for f**k all. Rant over hope we win so us plastics can go to the playoffs ;)