Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ICWales getting worse

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:14 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -30845393/

What a total nonsense article, the echo really is poor quality most the time :roll:

Re: ICWales getting worse

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/04/26/cardiff-city-defender-andrew-taylor-takes-on-middlesbrough-fans-in-twitter-spat-91466-30845393/

What a total nonsense article, the echo really is poor quality most the time :roll:

I'm not a fan of Andrew Taylor, to be honest. I'd be interested to know from a statto how many goals have been scored against us via his side of the pitch. Leeds scored one last weekend, for starters. He is, in my opinion, our worst player of the current line-up and I'd appreciate it if Malky could tell him to shut up and then offload him at the end of this season.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2012/04/26/cardiff-city-defender-andrew-taylor-takes-on-middlesbrough-fans-in-twitter-spat-91466-30845393/

I'm not a fan of Andrew Taylor, to be honest. I'd be interested to know from a statto how many goals have been scored against us via his side of the pitch. Leeds scored one last weekend, for starters. He is, in my opinion, our worst player of the current line-up and I'd appreciate it if Malky could tell him to shut up and then offload him at the end of this season.

You're joking?! :shock:

Quality player.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 pm

And Gerrard's a 100 times worse whilst constantly using expletives.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I think he has been excellent tbh, gets forward very well. I certainly wouldnt be looking for another LB and fully expect him to make the step up if we go up.

Regarding the article its hardly a spat is it.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:23 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Quality player.

Not in my opinion and I'm not joking. Got any figures for me re: goals against us, or is it just my imagination, like the Leeds goal last Saturday?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:23 pm

I agree that the article is scraping the barrel but at least its not as bad as when they were trawling the this messageboard and writing articles which included quotes from the posters on here.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think he has been excellent tbh, gets forward very well. I certainly wouldnt be looking for another LB and fully expect him to make the step up if we go up.

Regarding the article its hardly a spat is it.

The clue to my dislike of him is in your reply.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Quality player.

Not in my opinion and I'm not joking. Got any figures for me re: goals against us, or is it just my imagination, like the Leeds goal last Saturday?

I think it's just your imagination :lol: You're well on your own there!

The Leeds goal wasn't even his fault anyway. Wasn't it Miller who was tracking back? I'm pretty sure.
Last edited by Cwmann_Bluebird on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:I agree that the article is scraping the barrel but at least its not as bad as when they were trawling the this messageboard and writing articles which included quotes from the posters on here.

Lazy journalism, like most of their content - and they wonder why their sales are down!

:lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Quality player.

No, my eyesight's fine and his name is mentioned by more than just me at the CCS, last Saturday for starters.

Care to comment about the Leeds goal? Remember, he is employed as a defender.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Quality player.

No, my eyesight's fine and his name is mentioned by more than just me at the CCS, last Saturday for starters.

Care to comment about the Leeds goal? Remember, he is employed as a defender.

I've edited my comment if you wouldn't mind looking.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Quality player.

Bit harsh on Taylor he had just hit a fine shot which we were very unlucky not to score from, unless he is the flash he was never going to get back to cover that and Kiss and I think Miller were covering him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17807641#asset

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:30 pm

As I said, he's employed as a defender, not Miller.

Your comment about the Leeds goal, please and where the left back was? Plus, do you have any stats about how many goals scored against us were via his side? You know, the one he likes running from, but not staying in to tackle.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Quality player.

Bit harsh on Taylor he had just hit a fine shot which we were very unlucky not to score from, unless he is the flash he was never going to get back to cover that and Kiss and I think Miller were covering him.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17807641#asset

Any stats on our goals against via Taylor's side, please?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:As I said, he's employed as a defender, not Miller.

Your comment about the Leeds goal, please and where the left back was? Plus, do you have any stats about how many goals scored against us were via his side? You know, the one he likes running from, but not staying in to tackle.

So he shouldnt move from LB? very odd suggestion considering how we play :shock: He is employeed as a player not a defender and he is generally used as a LB who has to get forward.
Football is all about movement and others covering time to time, if players never moved from a single designated area it would be pretty simple for an opposing team to pick up wouldnt it.

No why would I have stats? do you have the stats?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Ive enjoyed watching taylor this year and seems a laugh on Cardiff City Player :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 pm

Well if you'd have payed any attention to 2blue's comment then you'd know he was on his way back after nearly scoring, so seeing as he's not as quick as Usain Bolt, then that's why it was Miller who dealt with the cross.

And I'm not going to spend my evening trawling through every goal scored against us this season, so do it yourself if you want to know so badly.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm sure that each defender has been at fault for at least one goal this season, so mery picking one example isn't exactly proving your point is it? Why don't you come up with some facts and statistics to prove yourself right if you feel that strongly about it, rather than getting others to prove you wrong. If not, it'll just have to go down as a difference of opinion on a forum - god forbid!

I think Taylor's been brilliant this season. We've been crying out for a solid LB for years.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:20 pm

didnt mcnaughton give away 2 goals in one game with sloppy passing.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 pm

This is what makes this Forum - differences of opinion.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Well if you'd have payed any attention to 2blue's comment then you'd know he was on his way back after nearly scoring, so seeing as he's not as quick as Usain Bolt, then that's why it was Miller who dealt with the cross.

And I'm not going to spend my evening trawling through every goal scored against us this season, so do it yourself if you want to know so badly.

I was at the game and I'm not interested in the stats, you missed my point, just like a certain player missed his mission.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

So he shouldnt move from LB? very odd suggestion considering how we play :shock: He is employeed as a player not a defender and he is generally used as a LB who has to get forward.
Football is all about movement and others covering time to time, if players never moved from a single designated area it would be pretty simple for an opposing team to pick up wouldnt it.

No why would I have stats? do you have the stats?

Have you ever watched a team and thought "they look weak down that side?"

Other teams have watched CCFC and exploited our weaknesses. I happen to think Taylor is one and you don't. We don't need stats - that wasn't the point.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

I think Taylor is decent but doesn't put in enough crosses or shots as he does have a sweet left foot. He has definitely been culpable for goals against us though - Blackpool and Middlesborough home games for starters and there was an away game recently too but I cant remember which one it was.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

BlueChet wrote:I'm sure that each defender has been at fault for at least one goal this season, so mery picking one example isn't exactly proving your point is it? Why don't you come up with some facts and statistics to prove yourself right if you feel that strongly about it, rather than getting others to prove you wrong. If not, it'll just have to go down as a difference of opinion on a forum - god forbid!

I think Taylor's been brilliant this season. We've been crying out for a solid LB for years.

I've watched the games, I don't feel strongly about it and you've got a different opinion. It really doesn't matter that much.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:I think Taylor is decent but doesn't put in enough crosses or shots as he does have a sweet left foot. He has definitely been culpable for goals against us though - Blackpool and Middlesborough home games for starters and there was an away game recently too but I cant remember which one it was.

I thank you. Someone without blinkers.

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:I think Taylor is decent but doesn't put in enough crosses or shots as he does have a sweet left foot. He has definitely been culpable for goals against us though - Blackpool and Middlesborough home games for starters and there was an away game recently too but I cant remember which one it was.

But you said he is enployeed as a defender so why would you then agree he doesn't put enough crosses or shots in :shock:
Especially after you critised him for the Leeds goal in which he let of an excellent shot in the same move we conceeded?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

But you said he is enployeed as a defender so why would you then agree he doesn't put enough crosses or shots in :shock:
Especially after you critised him for the Leeds goal in which he let of an excellent shot in the same move we conceeded?

Please read what I have posted and not confuse me with someone else. I've criticised one of our players because I can, so please don't take it so personally, or misquote me.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Im not taking it personally :lol:

Your well entitled to your opinion, where have I or anyone else said you arent :o

You said he was at fault for the Leeds goal (I disagree) and that he is employed as a defender. I think my mistake was that

Nedd Glas wrote:

I assumed you agreed with Bluebird for Lifes post :o
I think if anyone is feeling it personal is you claiming that people who dont agree with you have "blinkers" :roll:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im not taking it personally :lol:

Your well entitled to your opinion, where have I or anyone else said you arent :o

You said he was at fault for the Leeds goal (I disagree) and that he is employed as a defender. I think my mistake was that

Nedd Glas wrote:

I assumed you agreed with Bluebird for Lifes post :o
I think if anyone is feeling it personal is you claiming that people who dont agree with you have "blinkers" :roll:

You're changing what I've said.

I've seen a number of games where players have been at fault for goals against us, yet you appear not to, hence my quote of blinkers, not because you disagree, but because you haven't seen.

If you read certain posts on here, they have been done in quite a personal manner.

My view of football is that it is a simple game and anyone who tries to say it's complicated, is at risk of being ridiculed. I could name some famous names, but you probably know who they are.

In my opinion, defenders should defend. If our midfielders aren't good enough (or our forwards), we should replace them.

There's been a lot of criticism of McNaughton lately yet not of Taylor and I find that strange.