Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ipad

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:25 pm

bought the mrs an ipad for her birthday but stupidly forgot her dad reverted to old broadband and doesnt have wifi
he will upgrade in due course but does anyone have any other methods of getting internet, llandough area possiby a bt openzone password or anything just temporary :ayatollah:

Re: ipad

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:29 pm

lewispenarth wrote:bought the mrs an ipad for her birthday but stupidly forgot her dad reverted to old broadband and doesnt have wifi
he will upgrade in due course but does anyone have any other methods of getting internet, llandough area possiby a bt openzone password or anything just temporary :ayatollah:

We bought one for our son in January from the Apple shop in Cardiff and they put us on a £10 a month contract with O2, which works OK when there's no wi-fi available.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
lewispenarth wrote:bought the mrs an ipad for her birthday but stupidly forgot her dad reverted to old broadband and doesnt have wifi

We bought one for our son in January from the Apple shop in Cardiff and they put us on a £10 a month contract with O2, which works OK when there's no wi-fi available.

This, or you can go here https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/selfcar ... xact_match

scroll down to the regular access section.

The other option is to look for any unsecured wifi connections!!! :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:42 pm

do i have to be a BT customer? :geek:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 pm

lewispenarth wrote:do i have to be a BT customer? :geek:

I haven't got a f**king clue! :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Do you have the 3G model?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:57 pm

no bought the wifi model as its only going to be literally 2-3 weeks untill wifi is installed but its just until then
8-)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

lewispenarth wrote:no bought the wifi model as its only going to be literally 2-3 weeks untill wifi is installed but its just until then
8-)

Ask one of your mates if they have a spare wireless router and connect it to your current wired modem.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:14 pm

do we need to inform the network providor or anything

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm

I GOT A HULL CITY STUB :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 pm

lewispenarth wrote:do we need to inform the network providor or anything

No. You can just buy your own router and connect it up to you internet modem.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:35 pm

I GOT A HULL CITY STUB :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 pm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... ROUTER.htm :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:40 pm

Karl wrote:

I noticed when I was over B & Q the other day they were selling pretty cheap wireless routers there for £20 If your just after a quick fix for the time being.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Whats the main benefit of having an Ipad as well as an Iphone.
I got the Iphone 4s but Vodafone just phoned and offered me a free Ipad 2 but £27 a month for 2GB or the New Ipad for £69 with the same £27 a month.

I said no mainly because I dont get the benefits?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Whats the main benefit of having an Ipad as well as an Iphone.
I got the Iphone 4s but Vodafone just phoned and offered me a free Ipad 2 but £27 a month for 2GB or the New Ipad for £69 with the same £27 a month.

You can get an app to make it look like a Data pad from Star Trek and go round saying "Spock!" to people.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Aramore wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Whats the main benefit of having an Ipad as well as an Iphone.

You can get an app to make it look like a Data pad from Star Trek and go round saying "Spock!" to people.

Now the guy from Vodafone didnt tell me that :o

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:06 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Aramore wrote:

Now the guy from Vodafone didnt tell me that :o

:lol:

If you're happy with the phone, stick to that, I say.

I'm using the iPad now and it's OK, but I wouldn't say get it as well as the phone.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Yeah im guessing its just a bigger and better version of the phone but it doesnt ring :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Yeah im guessing its just a bigger and better version of the phone but it doesnt ring :lol:

Pretty sure you can find an app to make it ring too ;)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Aramore wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Yeah im guessing its just a bigger and better version of the phone but it doesnt ring :lol:

Pretty sure you can find an app to make it ring too ;)

ohhh ssssshhhh you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 pm

True

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:02 am

Merlin wrote:
Karl wrote:

I noticed when I was over B & Q the other day they were selling pretty cheap wireless routers there for £20 If your just after a quick fix for the time being.

It can also be used as a permanent "fix". You don't have to have your routers from your provider.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:04 am

You could buy a mifi (mobile broadband modem) or if she has an iPhone use the personal hot spot function .