Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO The Scottish folk on here....

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 am

Eight of us heading to Glasgow tomorrow for the weekend, just a piss up, going to Partick Thistle v Falkirk on Saturday...what's the pub situation around the ground?....and any info regarding decent City Centre bars would be great also....cheers in advance...

Re: FAO The Scottish folk on here....

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:21 am

Tommy Gun wrote:Eight of us heading to Glasgow tomorrow for the weekend, just a piss up, going to Partick Thistle v Falkirk on Saturday...what's the pub situation around the ground?....and any info regarding decent City Centre bars would be great also....cheers in advance...

Coulda picked a better game!!!

There's a few bars on Maryhill Road alll within a 10 minute walk to the ground. Munns Vaults was the closest, but it wasn't upto much last time I was in - it might not even still be open as it was earmarked for closure and demolition since around 2004!

The Woodside Inn is also on Maryhill Road, south of the ground. This is a decent bar and also happens to be where the Thistle Jacks drink. there are several other bars close to this, the names escape me. There are several more on Great Western Road all approx 10-15 min walk. I used to work in The Captains Rest which was a decent wee boozer but it's been taken over so not sure what that is till like. On Great Western Road there is a pub every 25 yards or so.

Depending on where you are staying and how you plan to get there, Underground is easiest & fastest from City Centre, just get off at (St?)Georges Cross and that brings you out at the junction of Maryhill Road & Great Western Road. Not sure of the City Centre scene these days as I don't drink around there much. Sauchiehall St is always busy as is the area around Glasgow Central station.

Hope that helps you a little!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

Cheers PtB, could have picked a better game, but in saying that, I'll either stay in the Pub or leave half time if I do go in anyway...my attetion span is not like it was....nice one anyway!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:39 am

Tommy Gun wrote:Cheers PtB, could have picked a better game, but in saying that, I'll either stay in the Pub or leave half time if I do go in anyway...my attetion span is not like it was....nice one anyway!

I know a few thistle fans - they say they've been dreadful at times this season and my gaffer is a Falkirk fan he says they are either great or rank rotten. Best of luck!!!