Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I STILL DREAM OF STARTING GAMES "

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 am

" Cardiff City star Robert Earnshaw urges Bluebirds to enjoy play-off pressure "

Cardiff City star striker Robert Earnshaw has urged his team mates to enjoy the pressure of Saturday’s Championship play-off showdown and fire the Bluebirds to the Premier League.

After being inducted into the Show Racism the Red Card charity hall of fame at the Millennium Stadium, the record goal scorer said: “There will be pressure on us at Crystal Palace Saturday but that’s a good thing.

“Palace is never a nice place to go and Dougie Freedman and my old manager Lennie Lawrence have done a great job there so it will be tough but we’ve got to do it.

“I’m feeling relaxed because I’ve been lucky enough to have been in the play-offs for the last two years so this situation feels quite normal for me.

“But it’s in our own hands and we’ve got to be positive. We will be going to Palace 100 per cent focused on making the play offs and after that we will be looking to win promotion to the Premier League.”

Of the up and down season the 30-year-old has enjoyed back in South Wales, the former Nottingham Forest man insists he is still gunning for the goal trail as the season nears its climax.

The play-off veteran, who has appeared in the end of season showdown in the last two season, said: “I came back to Cardiff City to play and score goals.

“I’ve got the experience of these situations before and it doesn’t matter to me what has previously gone on this season. I want to play and I need to play.

“I don’t want to come of the bench and hope for a miracle, I still dream of starting games and scoring hat tricks before the end of this season.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1t7vjgPxs

Re: " I STILL DREAM OF STARTING GAMES "

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:31 am

Well if he is gonna score hat tricks, get him on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 am

I still dream of starting for Cardiff City and scoring hat-tricks too - but that ain't going to happen either!! :lol:

Earnie's a good shout for the bench though, better than me anyhow!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:07 pm

He simply ain't good enough for more than a 10min role sadly.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He simply ain't good enough for more than a 10min role sadly.

Luke I disagree, I would of given him a full second half of many a City game this season.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Can you imagine if Boro were winning 1-0 at Watford, and Cardiff were losing 1-0 and Earnie comes on and scores a goal in the 90th minute! What a way to sign off your Cardiff City career!!! :lol: (sadly, i think it will be Earnies last game if he gets on for us, But am very grateful for everything he did for this club. :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:He simply ain't good enough for more than a 10min role sadly.

Luke I disagree, I would of given him a full second half of many a City game this season.

Did think the same until recently, when he has been coming on he should be full of energy but looks lazy, greedy and other than his ability to shoot he lacks everything in his game.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Did think the same until recently, when he has been coming on he should be full of energy but looks lazy, greedy and other than his ability to shoot he lacks everything in his game.

Agreed

Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:39 pm

I can see it now.
The play-off final goes into extra time

115 Minutes: Earnshaw on, Miller off
120 Minutes: GOAL! Earnshaw pokes it in from 7 yards to give Cardiff a very late winner! :ayatollah: :D

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Is he looking greedy because he is desperately trying to prove his point?

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 pm

I dont think it matters, its a team game, to me it shows why he hasnt been in the team. My biggest gripe with Earnie isnt his shooting, he has always been a greedy player but he comes on and the very least he should be doing is chasing or closing down from the front. We know he wont win anything in the air and has minimal ability to hold up the ball, sadly his pace is gone as well so he should be doing the minimum things he can do but sadly he doesnt seem to be.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:12 pm

I think he has been treated appallingly, he is younger than Kenny, if he is given the right service he scores for fun. Also Earnie and miller could play together. They only tried it 3 times. Everyone saying they are both small. Look at aguero and tevez or even the jacks front line short on height. But they play it on the floor instead of hoofing it upfield. Others might disagree, if he is released at end of season , he will be snapped up. :ayatollah: