Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WEST HAM WANT CITY STAR "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:40 pm

bspark wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bspark wrote:The club history would suggest that if we do receive a big offer for him and turn it down then he will either leave for free in two years time or suddenly become out of favour and be sold for a pittance to Leeds.

Money made from sales go to ray ransons company so I think that's why the club may not be keen to sell

Has to be sorted at some point, club could easily receive big bids for turner, whitts, mason and possibly Gunnarson. If malky thinks he can replace them that would be over £10m of sales. Ranson needs paying off so his debt isn't effecting our transfer dealings.

It does need sorting at some point but I don't think it will be key assets unless a player is causing trouble like chops or a player really wants to leave. We don't pay any interest on the loan so it isn't urgent for us to pay him.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Sell

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:44 pm

hello polo. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 pm

taffy123 wrote:hello polo. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good evening

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:50 pm

polo wrote:

Good evening

No one stays away for long :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Aramore wrote:
polo wrote:

Good evening

No one stays away for long :ayatollah:

If you cant beat em join em :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:32 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have learned today that West Ham want City defender Ben Turner should they get promoted.

Sam Allardyce is a big admirer of the 24 year old colossal defender and will table an offer for the player, who City only signed on a 3 year year deal last summer costing the Bluebirds £750k, if they do reach the Premier League this season .

My sources tell me that West Ham will table an offer of £3million plus add-ons.

A lot of football has got to be played before West Ham find out if they are successful in either gaining promotion or with their bid should it happen.

Personally I am hoping we reach the Premier League and can keep hold of Turner but would an offer of that size be too good to turn down?

Eff off wet spam with a bit of luck they will be our feeder club in 5 years when we are bigger than Barca :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:07 am

CCFC 24 wrote:Ben Turner is a colossal who belongs in Cardiff not pikeyland East End.

He's roughly the same level as Roger Johnson or has the potential to be, in today's money I'd want 5.5m, can they afford that ?

better player than johnson mate.from what i see better postitional sense.didn,t look slow when i,v seen him.if birmingham get up i,d have him.he can come home.big blues fan i,v heard.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:51 am

Turner, Whitts, Mason & Gunnarson are going to be linked to quite a few clubs between now and next season. I just take any stories with a pinch of salt unless I hear officially.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 am

Turner would be another Roger Johnson and find himself in relegated teams each season he plays in the Prem ..... but then again you cant fault any player for wanting to play at a higher level albeit for 1 season just ask Doris DeVries or indeed Jay Bothroyd maybe :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:11 am

F*ck them! keep hold of our players, we have got money to strenghten in the summer so keep our key players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I don't like the fact, he just kicks a ball, not knowing where its gonna end up and he certainly is NOT quick

Hes had his handful of good games but he is no where good enough for the premier league

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 pm

25million and he can go :lol: :ayatollah:

Re: "WEST HAM WANT CITY STAR"

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 am

El Tel wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Carl if we fail to go up I feel we should seriously consider selling him. Yes he's a quality player but for me he has very little pace and as much as I like his 100% commitment he will be found out in the EPL

Are you talking about the same player? He is one of the quickest centre halves in the league.

Agreed :ayatollah: I find it astounding people are questioning his pace as a centre half :o

Last season any ball over the top was causing us mayhem, this season I've lost count of the number of times Turner has turned and cleared up the danger :ayatollah: I think Malky will want to keep him; Chambers, Turner and Hudson would make for very strong competition and take the quality to a new level.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:21 pm

How much did Upson go for? £8million?

Not a penny less then, thank you Karen and David and the other guy.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:49 pm

I would miss his 50 yard diagonal passes ;)