Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WEST HAM WANT CITY STAR "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:54 pm

I have learned today that West Ham want City defender Ben Turner should they get promoted.

Sam Allardyce is a big admirer of the 24 year old colossal defender and will table an offer for the player, who City only signed on a 3 year year deal last summer costing the Bluebirds £750k, if they do reach the Premier League this season .

My sources tell me that West Ham will table an offer of £3million plus add-ons.

A lot of football has got to be played before West Ham find out if they are successful in either gaining promotion or with their bid should it happen.

Personally I am hoping we reach the Premier League and can keep hold of Turner but would an offer of that size be too good to turn down?

Re: "WEST HAM WANT CITY STAR"

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:56 pm

He wont go. Simple as that :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Push for 4million and i think we would accept. Get Wes Morgan as a replacement? Interesting.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Carl if we fail to go up I feel we should seriously consider selling him. Yes he's a quality player but for me he has very little pace and as much as I like his 100% commitment he will be found out in the EPL

Re: " WEST HAM WANT CITY STAR "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

f**k off West Ham.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Ben has a great future ahead of him, I hope he can stay for a few years longer. I hope he knows that this is a rebuilding season and that it wont be long before we're higher than West Ham

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:08 pm

case of counting their chickens i think,
besides they would have to beat us first :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

F@@k the Hammers! If we did 'have' to sell him I would want the rich boys to pay big time and none of this pay up over 5 years as long as he scores a million goals shit!

If we really want promotion we need to keep hold of the quality that other teams are eyeing up. If the rumours are true that the clubs financial stability will be ensured this summer then why would we need the 3 or 4 mil?

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

f**k west ham :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:21 pm

It reads like one of those stories purely put about to undermine potential opponents. How long before we find out West Ham are after Chris Burke or Matt Phillips. West Ham likely to be feeling the pressure if they don't get second spot.

Unfortunate if the story gets reproduced by any of the press and as most of the London press are diamond geezer Hammers fans, it won't take long.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:25 pm

If we are building for the future then we hang onto every first team player unless they offer silly money.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:33 pm

f**k em. :evil:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

We should def hold out. A load of clubs will be sniffing around soon enough and his value will double, even triple.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:Carl if we fail to go up I feel we should seriously consider selling him. Yes he's a quality player but for me he has very little pace and as much as I like his 100% commitment he will be found out in the EPL

Are you talking about the same player? He is one of the quickest centre halves in the league.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Ben Turner is a colossal who belongs in Cardiff not pikeyland East End.

He's roughly the same level as Roger Johnson or has the potential to be, in today's money I'd want 5.5m, can they afford that ?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 pm

He is certainly not one of the quickest in the league, but his long legs and anticipation means he needs no pace.

I will ask you how many goals have we conceded down to his 'lack' of pace?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Wasn't it in the semi-final that he chased down Zaha from about 10 yards behind and STILL won the ball?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Ben Turner is one of Malky's key players and best signings of the season, he is forming a good partnership with Hudson I really don't think Malky will sell when he is building his own team ready for promotion be it this season or next, he has no reason to sell. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Ben turner wont go easy he is a key player to the team simple as that Malky mackay has said he wont get rid of turner end of

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 pm

With the new financial fair play rules it will be the teams who can trade well in the transfer market who will stand the best chance of competing with teams with parachute payments and manage to get in the playoffs on a regular basis. Buying cheap, selling for profit and replacing talent with cheaper acquisitions will be one of Malky's strong points I hope.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm

I can't see it.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 pm

If he can get £3m for Turner and replace him with Chambers from Forest on a free we would still have a good centre back pairing for the championship if that's where we are next season.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 pm

early play off mind games maybe??

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:07 pm

bspark wrote:If he can get £3m for Turner and replace him with Chambers from Forest on a free we would still have a good centre back pairing for the championship if that's where we are next season.

Good Shout that mate :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
bspark wrote:If he can get £3m for Turner and replace him with Chambers from Forest on a free we would still have a good centre back pairing for the championship if that's where we are next season.

well a)there is no guarantee that Chambers could slide in as easily as Ben did, and b) if we can have them both then that would be no bad thing either.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:19 pm

PtB wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

well a)there is no guarantee that Chambers could slide in as easily as Ben did, and b) if we can have them both then that would be no bad thing either.

Totally agree Paul :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:19 pm

We would still need to bring in another CB tho.

Reminds me of people saying Selling Chopra and replace him with earnie, was always going to be a disaster

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

The club history would suggest that if we do receive a big offer for him and turn it down then he will either leave for free in two years time or suddenly become out of favour and be sold for a pittance to Leeds.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:33 pm

bspark wrote:The club history would suggest that if we do receive a big offer for him and turn it down then he will either leave for free in two years time or suddenly become out of favour and be sold for a pittance to Leeds.

Money made from sales go to ray ransons company so I think that's why the club may not be keen to sell

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bspark wrote:The club history would suggest that if we do receive a big offer for him and turn it down then he will either leave for free in two years time or suddenly become out of favour and be sold for a pittance to Leeds.

Money made from sales go to ray ransons company so I think that's why the club may not be keen to sell

Has to be sorted at some point, club could easily receive big bids for turner, whitts, mason and possibly Gunnarson. If malky thinks he can replace them that would be over £10m of sales. Ranson needs paying off so his debt isn't effecting our transfer dealings.