Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky anytime plus

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

If you've got a sky plus HD box here is a tip for you. Sky has removed the restriction on sky anytime plus, previously you had to be a sky broadband customer as a requirement to use it. That has changed

Connect your Internet router to your sky hd box using an Ethernet cable, then phone sky and ask them to switch on your 'anytime plus'

This opens a world of tv and films, basically all the sky series' such as Game of thrones, sopranos, Touch etc etc as well as any film that been on Sky movies that month are archived for download.

It's a brilliant service to be fair. Get it on lads, it doesn't cost you anytime more on your sky package (although it might cost you extra on your broadband if you decide to download 3000000 series' of something :o )

Re: Sky anytime plus

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:23 pm

Gavlar wrote:If you've got a sky plus HD box here is a tip for you. Sky has removed the restriction on sky anytime plus, previously you had to be a sky broadband customer as a requirement to use it. That has changed

Connect your Internet router to your sky hd box using an Ethernet cable, then phone sky and ask them to switch on your 'anytime plus'

This opens a world of tv and films, basically all the sky series' such as Game of thrones, sopranos, Touch etc etc as well as any film that been on Sky movies that month are archived for download.

It's a brilliant service to be fair. Get it on lads, it doesn't cost you anytime more on your sky package (although it might cost you extra on your broadband if you decide to download 3000000 series' of something :o )

been using this for a while now and its superb fair play... the amount of series and programmes on there are great and every friday when the new premiers come out they are on there to watch in hd anytime you want..

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm

ethernet cable....what is that ?

is it another wire trailing round the lounge ? where do i get one ?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 pm

barry boy wrote:ethernet cable....what is that ?

you need to connect your internet box to the sky, if you dont use an ethernet cable sky can sort it out for you a dif way but they need to send an engineer to your house to sort at a cost of around 50 quid upwards. the ethernet cable is the easiest way as long as your sky box is not to far from your internet..

they are usually a yellow cable , but we hide ours under the carpet so it cant be seen.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Its another cable yes but it comes in the same colour as your teeth, yellow.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

you need to connect your internet box to the sky, if you dont use an ethernet cable sky can sort it out for you a dif way but they need to send an engineer to your house to sort at a cost of around 50 quid upwards. the ethernet cable is the easiest way as long as your sky box is not to far from your internet..

they are usually a yellow cable , but we hide ours under the carpet so it cant be seen.

do they do extensions for the ethernet cable? so that i can have it going all the way round the room?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

10m cable on amazon for the price of £1.60

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000IT5 ... 422&sr=8-1

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:49 pm

20m for £2.30 !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000IAJ ... 422&sr=8-5

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:53 pm

On eBay you can get a plug in , so you can get sky anytime + thru your WIFI . It costs less than £20 . This works.fine . Look on eBay and search for sky anytime + .

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Gavlar wrote:If you've got a sky plus HD box here is a tip for you. Sky has removed the restriction on sky anytime plus, previously you had to be a sky broadband customer as a requirement to use it. That has changed

You don't even have to phone sky, you can set it up yourself online

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:57 pm

On eBay you can get a plug in , so you can get sky anytime + thru your WIFI . It costs less than £20 . This works.fine . Look on eBay and search for sky anytime + .

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Or,if you hate f*cking cables as I do you can get a wireless connector off ebay for about 20 quid. ;)

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:14 pm

nojac wrote:On eBay you can get a plug in , so you can get sky anytime + thru your WIFI . It costs less than £20 . This works.fine . Look on eBay and search for sky anytime + .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKY-ANYTIME-P ... 2a1bdfd0ef

that one? cheap postage...!!! ouch

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:03 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

can be any colur if need long cable go to small pc shop they will make one up to size you need got one thats 20mtrs all hidden under carpets

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Not my own teeth ...I keep them clean in the mug !

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Mine never stays on Anytime Plus it often reverts to normal anytime and shows that the serve has failed in the network setup. Numerous calls to Sky have failed to resolve it.

I reckon they are no happy that I won't take up their poor broadband service. :D

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Not my own teeth ...I keep them clean in the mug !

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Last sky engineer wanted to run cable along skirting then up and over the fireplace...