Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" New championship financial regulations "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Just seen on Sky sports that's the championship is introducing new fair play regulations on finances. One of the big points is that any club that loses more than 6million a year will face a transfer embargo and fine. I've got a feeling this could hit us hard.http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7701878/Financial-fair-play-voted-in

Re: New championship financial regulations

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:34 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:Just seen on Sky sports that's the championship is introducing new fair play regulations on finances. One of the big points is that any club that loses more than 6million a year will face a transfer embargo and fine. I've got a feeling this could hit us hard.http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/7701878/Financial-fair-play-voted-in

the regulations will be put in place gradually however sanctions for non compliance will no come into force until 2014/15

all the teams have agreed to this and signed it... while we currently have a debt to settle im confident that we wont run in to the losses of the amounts that they are talking about each season..

6 mil is the amount of investment allowed followed by 5mil then the year after 3 mil..

from 2014/15 clubs who record total losses of over 6mil will be hit with a transfer embargo or large fine...

teams who are relegated from the prem are exempt from the regulations for their first yr back in the championship.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:14 pm

I think from what little I know of the regulations, this should be a good thing for us as fans - far less likely for our club or anyone else's to rack up massive losses by, say, buying a load of expensive players on big wages in the hope of promotion.

BBC report that QPR lost over £15m in the year they were promoted to the Premier League - would carry heavy fines and sanctions under these new rules.

And it is losses rather than ongoing debt I think - I know we have both, but hopefully the club are getting the losses under control under the current Board, and with a following wind this summer the debts as well.

In principle I welcome anything that brings football nearer to the real financial world where the rest of us live - I'm not advocating a return to the maximum wage or anything daft like that but the players' wages are obscene, even at City.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:59 pm

it can only be a good thing for the game long term

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:24 pm

I can see it benefiting the game in the long run but in the sort term i can see a fair few clubs getting into trouble.

Re: " New championship financial regulations "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 pm

think clubs in champs will be ok its prem clubs who get relegated who may suffer as all are in debt when come down, whilst they have 1yr to get sorted its not that easy as getting big earners off payroll in time is hard. only prem clubs will be able to afford wages so they will be selective in who they buy, should be interesting in next couple years, also clubs will need to push for home grown players and city are up in front on that score with academy! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:think clubs in champs will be ok its prem clubs who get relegated who may suffer as all are in debt when come down, whilst they have 1yr to get sorted its not that easy as getting big earners off payroll in time is hard. only prem clubs will be able to afford wages so they will be selective in who they buy, should be interesting in next couple years, also clubs will need to push for home grown players and city are up in front on that score with academy! :ayatollah:

Well run relegated clubs will be fine, they all have parachute payments. Nail Quinn mentioned that at Sunderland the players drop a huge percentage upon relegation. If west ham don't go up them they will have big problems.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 pm

I wonder which three clubs were the ones to reject the proposals.

Leicester has to be one, what about the other two?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:18 pm

It was Leicester,Southampton and reading.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:19 pm

It was Leicester,Southampton and reading.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35 pm

ngriffiths wrote:It was Leicester,Southampton and reading.

What's Southampton and Reading's problems?

They're both going up :/

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ch ... 95417.html

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:01 am

Sounds good,after all the last thing we want is someone spending money on our behalf then demanding it all back when things go tits up.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:48 am

what are you on about new championship regulations cardiff city do not need the new championship regulations and whats up with all this fair play stuff it is not needed so why bring all this up cardiff have had some rough times this season many thanks joe

CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS VOTE IN FAVOUR OF FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17841566 :ayatollah:

About time something was done , a good move in my opinion anyone disagree ?

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS VOTE IN FAVOUR OF FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Already being discussed.See above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Re: CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS VOTE IN FAVOUR OF FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm

CHEERS FELLA , my posts never end up that high so dont read all the way up there :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:31 pm

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 65,00.html

this explains it well