Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Player tiredness

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:35 pm

As someone who watches a lot of spanish football it was clear to me that the Barcelona of recent games haven't been the same barca of even 6 weeks ago. (albeit playing against teams who have done a great job in nullifying them)
But you can see that the speed of thought and creative edge has deserted them in these last few games.
This made me think about our squad and there is no doubt that sheer quantity of games has taken its toll on our team this season. though we've always lacked pace and a bit of cutting edge this season, nevertheless we often played with sharp movement and crisp passing and had a fluidity at times before christmas. Since the reding home game and particularly since the cup final this has dried up and we have often looked void of ideas.
But credit to the players for being able to get us where we are while running on empty, the fight this group of players has shown should not be under-estimated. In my opinion, against leeds we seemed to regain a bit of the confidence that made us succesful pre-xmas, now these players are four games away from giving us premier league football. lets hope that these players can grind out 4 more results and make themselves cardiff city legends for years to come. :ayatollah: