Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE PROMISED REVENGE "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:11 am

Crystal Palace target Carling Cup revenge on final day against Cardiff City

Apr 24 2012

Tom Heaton broke Palace hearts in the Carling Cup
CRYSTAL Palace have promised to avenge their Carling Cup semi-final defeat to Cardiff City.

The Bluebirds head to Selhurst Park on the final day of the Championship season on Saturday needing a point to make the play-offs.

But Malky Mackay’s men will meet a pumped up Palace desperate to make up for losing the semi-final on penalties in January.

“We’ll be looking to earn revenge and spoil their party,” declared Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish.

“There is no doubt we’d rather play Cardiff when there is something on the outcome on Saturday than play a less glamorous Championship team.”

Palace have managed only one win in their last 12 league matches and are without a win in their last eight.

They have also been rocked by injuries to Anthony Gardner – the defender who scored at either end in the Carling Cup tie – goalkeeper Julian Speroni, Mile Jedinak, Kagisho Dikgacoi, David Wright and young Welsh talent Jonathan Williams.

All are likely to be missing while Nathaniel Clyne (knee) and Paul McShane (hamstring) are also rated doubtful.

Wales goalkeeper Lewis Price will deputise for Speroni, who suffered a dislocated finger in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Reading, but Cardiff-born striker Jermaine Easter has been left out of the Palace squad over recent weeks.

Mackay’s squad return to training today at their Vale of Glamorgan base after having two days off following the 1-1 home draw with Leeds on Saturday.

The Scot will pour over a report on Palace prepared by opposition analyst Martin Hodge, who was at the Reading game.

Don Cowie will be back in contention after a calf strain which kept him out of the last two matches.

Rudy Gestede is also expected to be fit after a recent hip problem for a game which will see more than 3,000 City fans in attendance.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1t29dNn92

Re: " CRYSTAL PALACE HAVE PROMISED REVENGE "

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:19 am

Not surprising. We all knew after the semi that they would want revenge on last day of the season.its just a shame we didn't quite seal the play off place before this game

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 am

We must keep our nerve and I hope the players give it everything :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:08 am

Crystal Palace can f**k off.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 am

It's upto us to take revenge on their revenge :ayatollah:
We can do it, it's only palace ! ;)

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:18 am

We'll beat them...

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:01 am

Injury plagued Palace - If we cant get result then we dont deserve play off position - Watford wont lie back either - itll be an intersting day

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 am

We're not f**king scared, we're not f**king scared, Dougie Freedman we're not f**king scared :D :lol: :lol: ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:49 am

Speroni, Gardner, Dikgacoi and Clyne

4 reasons they are such a difficult team to break down and 4 reasons they dont concede a whole lot of goals.

If these guys are missing it gives us a massive boost imo

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:08 pm

“We’ll be looking to earn revenge and spoil their party,” declared Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish.

Well mr parish you wont get revenge and you wont spoil the party you coudnt beat us over two games in what would have been your first wembley appearance and biggest game in years..

Shove your shitty sour grapes up your backside because cardiff city will be in the play offs saturday afternoon :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:10 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Speroni, Gardner, Dikgacoi and Clyne

4 reasons they are such a difficult team to break down and 4 reasons they dont concede a whole lot of goals.

Mind games, I bet most of them will be fit for Saturday.

Like last time, there was a virus within the Palace camp, and all of a sudden they make a miraculous recovery. They're all fit and they're coming for revenge.

Cant wait for this game, its the game we need as well, to win at Palace, and to give it everything....would be ideal to take the form into the play-offs as battle hardened team.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:13 pm

to be fair i honestly think palace play quite negative football, i cant see them coming at us, they have nothing to play for. we will have the most possession but they will make it difficult for us and try to catch us on the break.. i couldnt care if it finishes in a 0-0 draw!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 pm

jinks-rct wrote:“We’ll be looking to earn revenge and spoil their party,” declared Eagles co-chairman Steve Parish.

Well mr parish you wont get revenge and you wont spoil the party you coudnt beat us over two games in what would have been your first wembley appearance and biggest game in years..

Shove your shitty sour grapes up your backside because cardiff city will be in the play offs saturday afternoon :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Our best eleven are better than their best so weve got no excuses if we f**k up. Even if they are playing mind games and most of their better players start we should be too strong.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm

We're not f*cking scared :D

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Their chairman will look like a right wank come 2.20pm Saturday if we're in the play offs.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:46 pm

i got a bad feeling that crystal palace is gonna spoil our party, they be up for it, i said this after the 2nd leg to my mate, even though they got nothing to play for they wont want us to get a play off place and grab another wembley place.... but lets see if we dont bottle it! :old:

IN MALKY WE TRUST! :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Firstly their current squad is weakened compared to the one that played us in the cup and secondly it would be nigh on impossible to again miss the amount of chances that we squandered against them the last time we played.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:58 pm

I think we're all going to be happy come 2.30pm on Saturday :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 am

and regardless of what happens V Palace, i have a feeling Boro wont beat Watford :)

Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 am

PtB wrote:Crystal Palace can f**k off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 am

azz_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Speroni, Gardner, Dikgacoi and Clyne

Mind games, I bet most of them will be fit for Saturday.

Like last time, there was a virus within the Palace camp, and all of a sudden they make a miraculous recovery. They're all fit and they're coming for revenge.

Cant wait for this game, its the game we need as well, to win at Palace, and to give it everything....would be ideal to take the form into the play-offs as battle hardened team.

Garnder and Dikgacoi have been reported out for the season. Clyne pulled up during the warm-up at Reading, whilst Speroni and McShane both went off injured within the first half hour.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 am

hasn't Speroni got a dislocated finger or something? cant see a keeper playing with that injury!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:38 pm

Stephen McPhail to score an overhead kick :geek: