Re: We rejected Di Matteo...

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Hmmmm.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 pm

and us to be honest. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:50 pm

He has got lucky because they have no pressure on them. How well is he actually doing? At the moment not even in Europe unless they win the comp.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 pm

It's easy to make statements about someone when things are going good. Let's see how good Di Matteo is when if he is given the job full time and see how well his Chelsea side does next season. Tonight would have been so different if Messi scored his penalty and then this thread wouldn't have been created. Would Di Matteo have done better than Malky for us this season? We will never know but I am already delighted with how our season has gone and I firmly believe Malky was the correct appointment. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 pm

Did we really reject him? I know he was "interviewed" but did WE really turn him down???

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:06 pm

john terry is chelsea's manager

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 pm

RDM and let's not forget Eddie Newton and the CFC set up have done well since the AVB left the club.
Good luck to them for the rest of the season,whatever they do for the rest of the season,will not effect us ;)

As for RDM and the Cardiff managers job,both him and Chris Hughton gave the people involed -asking the questions not the impression that they would be our manager.

More than happy with MM - He has taken us to a Carling Cup Final...and has got us into a play-off place as i post.
Remember where we were at the end of last season with the players who left our club.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:20 pm

There is a massive difference between Malky and Di Matteo.

For one, Di Matteo inherited a very good squad but a poor dressing room atmosphere in which he has turned around and put them back on winning ways.

Where as Malky had to build a new squad after losing 12+ players, and had a huge rebuilding project to undertake to make Cardiff competitive.

I would like to have seen what Di Matteo would have done if he had to rebuild a team at Chelsea. For me, I'm glad we got Malky, hes done an amazing job for us this season, a cup final, built a competitve team for this season, and we're in top 6 and hoping to be in the play-offs this weekend.

I believe once Malky has a decent transfer budget next season, I reckon we'll be very competitve, and hoping to play some attractive football and be able to rotate the squad alot more as it will be his team.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:There is a massive difference between Malky and Di Matteo.

For one, Di Matteo inherited a very good squad but a poor dressing room atmosphere in which he has turned around and put them back on winning ways.

Where as Malky had to build a new squad after losing 12+ players, and had a huge rebuilding project to undertake to make Cardiff competitive.

I would like to have seen what Di Matteo would have done if he had to rebuild a team at Chelsea. For me, I'm glad we got Malky, hes done an amazing job for us this season, a cup final, built a competitve team for this season, and we're in top 6 and hoping to be in the play-offs this weekend.

I believe once Malky has a decent transfer budget next season, I reckon we'll be very competitve, and hoping to play some attractive football and be able to rotate the squad alot more as it will be his team.

Spot on azz :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Do you think he's losing sleep over it? :lol:

Gethin Jenkins never rated him and never asked him back for a second interview, he also never recommended him. What a f*cking idiot.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:25 pm

We weren't the only ones to reject him, no one seemed to want him as a manager.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Gethin Jenkins never rated him and never asked him back for a second interview, he also never recommended him. What a f*cking idiot.

Interesting Annis, & i know you have written about this subject before, but what was GJ mandate & objectives regarding a new manager that eventually led to MM being appointed our manager? I can only think that they were financial??

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

So you'd have preferred Di Matteo over Malky then?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

So you'd have preferred Di Matteo over Malky then?

Did I say that, I am telling you what happened.

We have an excellent manager in Malky, but I cant believe our club refused to give Matteo a second interview or Chris Hughton.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Interesting Annis, & i know you have written about this subject before, but what was GJ mandate & objectives regarding a new manager that eventually led to MM being appointed our manager? I can only think that they were financial??

Rick, he also never rated Chris Hughton, Jenkins was looking for not so knowledgeable manager, but little did he know he himself was on his way out as VT, was not impressed with his work.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:37 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Whys that? We had to pay comp for MM, RDM was out of work like I bet he will be at the end of the season.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Wasn't it something to do with him turning up for the interview smelling of drink allegedly :o

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Whys that? We had to pay comp for MM, RDM was out of work like I bet he will be at the end of the season.

Why, simple, DM was a Premiership manager, MM was not. BIG difference.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 pm

He wasn't a prem manager, he was out of work.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 am

He has nothing to do with us now the club didnt want him so thats it he obviously didnt impress therefore he wasnt offered the job. Thats it theres no point thinking about it. We are nearly in the play offs be happy

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 am

RDM is working with world class players

We don't have that luxury

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 am

2blue2handle wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmm. I dont think so.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:RDM is working with world class players

totally agree just look at the talent chelsea got, RDM wil be sussed if he has the job fulltime..............well for 3 months anyway :D

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:51 am

The Lad wrote:john terry is chelsea's manager

EXACTLY THIS^^^^^^^^

Di Matteo is running nothing down at Chelsea. Even if they win CL he will not be manager..........

Although respect to Chelsea for their result, only 1 team over both legs even attempted to play football.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:00 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:RDM is working with world class players

totally agree just look at the talent chelsea got, RDM wil be sussed if he has the job fulltime..............well for 3 months anyway :D

Didnt work with world class players at WBA and got promoted :roll: