Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard to Ipswich....

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm

so Ive heard. The place is full of ex Cardiff larger louts as it is....

Re: Gerrard to Ipswich....

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 pm

its true. i was just to mention it but you beat me to it :twisted:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:31 pm

liked the mans committment but he is obviously a pain in the arse to manage.
Good luck to him.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Good news we want rid of all the bad apples. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:10 pm

and hes a massive liverpool supporter :roll: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 pm

pen taker of the year. :roll:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Shame to see him go but he deserves game time. Even bigger shame that so many of our fans turned against him over things that are nothing to do with them.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Gerrard was amongst a few other players after game on Sat with quite a few kids after kit/memorabilia, some gave tops away, when it came to Gerrard he threw top on floor and practically encouraged kids to fight for it, then when asked for top he was left wearing, he replied, "nah, not having that and it's got snot all over it".
These kids were really impressed as you can imagine?
I try to remain open minded about some of the stuff I've read about him, but sorry"............ Ta rah Anthony, hope you take their penalties ;)

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Gerrard was amongst a few other players after game on Sat with quite a few kids after kit/memorabilia, some gave tops away, when it came to Gerrard he threw top on floor and practically encouraged kids to fight for it, then when asked for top he was left wearing, he replied, "nah, not having that and it's got snot all over it".
I try to remain open minded about some of the stuff I've read about him, but sorry"............ Ta rah Anthony, hope you take their penalties ;)

Yet we loan Dekel Keinan to Bristol City, who in my opinion is better than Gerrard and a true professional. What are we missing here?

I really would like to know why Malky hasnt even looked at Keinan at all this season.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 pm

I can't see anything being agreed until we know what division we are in.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I can't see anything being agreed until we know what division we are in.

Don't really see what difference it makes tho, if he's not deemed good enough now he's not going to feature IF we did get to Prem. His days are numbered, good riddance I say, agree with azz above, would prefer Keinan personally, obviously not a Malky player tho.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 pm

Valley Lad wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I can't see anything being agreed until we know what division we are in.

Don't really see what difference it makes tho, if he's not deemed good enough now he's not going to feature IF we did get to Prem. His days are numbered, good riddance I say, agree with azz above, would prefer Keinan personally, obviously not a Malky player tho.

From our point of view I agree.

From his, most players will have a %age increase on there wage upon promotion and no doubt he will want that either paid up by us or another club to match it.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:Gerrard was amongst a few other players after game on Sat with quite a few kids after kit/memorabilia, some gave tops away, when it came to Gerrard he threw top on floor and practically encouraged kids to fight for it, then when asked for top he was left wearing, he replied, "nah, not having that and it's got snot all over it".

Yet we loan Dekel Keinan to Bristol City, who in my opinion is better than Gerrard and a true professional. What are we missing here?

I really would like to know why Malky hasnt even looked at Keinan at all this season.

Yes, I agree with this - I would love to see keinan being used by us :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:

From our point of view I agree.

From his, most players will have a %age increase on there wage upon promotion and no doubt he will want that either paid up by us or another club to match it.

Fair shout, can just see him taking a hike in salary & tweeting to anybody interested that he's a Prem player too :o

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Fine with me.
Liverpool didnt have thier Cardiff fan take a peno, f**k knows why let a Liverpool fan take our *decisive* one.
However, thats not the reason. Just not good/ committed enough.
We'll get someone more experienced with our Premier League cash anyway... ;-)

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Cheerio cheeerio Cheeerio :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 am

Problem with Gerrard is he think's he's about twice as good as he actually is. Players who aren't as good but recognise their ability levels are far more effective than someone like Gerrard.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Shame to see him go but he deserves game time. Even bigger shame that so many of our fans turned against him over things that are nothing to do with them.

^^^THIS

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am

tenerife_blu wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Shame to see him go but he deserves game time. Even bigger shame that so many of our fans turned against him over things that are nothing to do with them.

^^^THIS

I just think he's shit tbh.
Turner and Hudson miles better and I'd also play Keinan (before loaned out) and Blake ahead of him.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't think that matters too much Luke. I think it's a case of either not being good enough for us in the Championship or definitely not good enough for us in the Prem. Plus I think out of all the players we have left, his attitude is the worst. I've been abfan of him but now I'm fully behind him leaving

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:

I don't think that matters too much Luke. I think it's a case of either not being good enough for us in the Championship or definitely not good enough for us in the Prem. Plus I think out of all the players we have left, his attitude is the worst. I've been abfan of him but now I'm fully behind him leaving

No I agree he will be done but it just won't be agreed yet as he will be entitled to further money if we go up.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:

No I agree he will be done but it just won't be agreed yet as he will be entitled to further money if we go up.

Yeah, although I should imagine that he's been looking for a new club since the Carling Cup final so "moat" of the negotiations might already be done with a previso if we go up.