Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE BATTLE OF NINIAN PARK 1974 "

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Anyone Remember this ?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003648075216

Re: " THE BATTLE OF NINIAN PARK 1974 "

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Yes I was there, and mad day, I remember walking back in a gang of hundreds and the police kept us on the back road for the long way around.

As we came around the back of the station under the bridge, two bus loads of Man U fans from down West wales had parked their coaches around the back of the station, and they just happened to walk around the corner and straight into us, it was carnage for ten minutes, no police came to this fight because it was going off right left and center in front of the station where the vast majority of other fans were.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 pm

outside astie's it kick of city lads right on them, those old stone bus shelters stank of man utd piss. :lol: CCFC

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Yes I was only twelve arrrrrrr . My old mans mate was a copper and he told him there was major trouble expected and not to let me go.so I told him I was going over my friends house. We put on our major domos, (junior dr . Martens ) turned our harringtons inside out, so the tartan was inside out and got on the 47 from Llanrumney. The station was a free for all when the red army arrived. Man utd wrecking crew were smashing the second division. The fences were being erected at every ground and the government were considering bringing in the army . Ninian was rammed with mancs filling bob bank. The grangend was full of s. Wales nutters . Attempts were made charging at fences and under grange stand. A lot of concrete and bottles were exchanged. After the game was mental with Tudor road heavy fighting. Being young we safely boarded the bus home and watched the fighting from the safety of the bus in cardiff bus station.There were bodies being kicked unconscious and long haired loons being savaged by police dogs as a lot were were off their leads. It's a bit hard to describe to the younger lads. It certainly left a lasting impression with me. Had to pretend to not know the score when I went home lol, couldn't,t wait to go to school Monday to tell everyone :D :old: