Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Russell Brand and his views on Drugs

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Whatever your opinion on drugs there are more deaths and hospital visits due to alcohol, but thats okay as its legal. Try saying that to one of my sisters who is a nurse and was attacked by a drunk, in A&E in the Heath was off work for 5 months

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Russell Brand is meeting with ministers today to give his views on Drugs and those that take them. He is (apparently) to tell them these druggies are not victims or criminals as it is a disease :o :shock: :evil: :roll:
Excuse me its an addiction bought on by stupidness, selfishness, peer pressure, Boredom due to laziness, Someone who want or need that high, or people thinking its cool, But no one is forced to put that shit into there bodies. and it certainly AINT a disease, its an addiction.

To say its a disease its an insult to those that do have a disease that they cant beat or need to go through hell to beat. Someone who has seen a loved one die of Cancer would be offended by this clown Brand saying taking drugs is a disease and we should all feel sorry for them as it ain't there fault. Simple solution stop putting Drugs into your body, or don't start in the first place.

All we need now is those that choose this way of life is to be told it ain't there fault, or if your Grannies or Mothers house gets burgled or they are mugged by some lowlife druggie that it ain't there fault as this disease they call "taking drugs" made them do it. They choose that way of life, if that is what they want to do then that is up to them, But what concerns me is a Government that wants to listen to an imbecile that does not live in the real world, and to hang on his every word.

Rant over :D

Im sorry Nukes but I have to disagree. Whether it be drugs, food, alcoholism, gambling workaholic etc Addiction IS certainly a disease. Many countries have identified this and treat drugs as an illness like Portugal for example which has reduced the crime rate.

Chief they get all the help they could get to kick there addiction if they want it, but most of the time they don't want it. But how the fook is calling it a disease gonna make them easier to treat ? They need to be treated to get them clear and then educated not to be so fooking stupid as to do it again. But some times its like trying to educate pork they are so stupid.
Now if you offer someone with Cancer, MS, Meningitis ETC if they would like treatment to help or cure them, they would be eternally grateful. A druggie seems to think they are doing you a favour they are so fooking selfish.
If my Boy ever dabbles i would batter him and that is putting it mildly. I would rip shit into him but i would never say. Son it ain't your fault you are ill with the most awful disease in the world

Agree with your sentiments, Chief, but the truth is, Carter would batter you!

Get in training now, just in case!

:lol:

Ned when I mean batter him I mean try to get the first one in :lol:but yes you are right at 14 he would batter me :lol: . Some interesting comments on here and I respect all opinions even though I don't agree with some.
I am not saying they should not be helped as everyone deserves a second chance but it's insulting to the genuine sick to be compared to sad individuals that want to destroy themselves.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:58 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:Whatever your opinion on drugs there are more deaths and hospital visits due to alcohol, but thats okay as its legal. Try saying that to one of my sisters who is a nurse and was attacked by a drunk, in A&E in the Heath was off work for 5 months

Alcohol in the wrong hands or in too much quantity is as evil as drugs. I love a drink and only once have i ever got violent and that was after too much stella. Since that day i have never had a session on stella.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:Whatever your opinion on drugs there are more deaths and hospital visits due to alcohol, but thats okay as its legal. Try saying that to one of my sisters who is a nurse and was attacked by a drunk, in A&E in the Heath was off work for 5 months

Alcohol in the wrong hands or in too much quantity is as evil as drugs. I love a drink and only once have i ever got violent and that was after too much stella. Since that day i have never had a session on stella.

nearly everyone who takes hard drugs becomes addicted.fact.most people who drink don,t become alcoholics.that,s why booze is legal and smack isn,t

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 pm

jtc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

nearly everyone who takes hard drugs becomes addicted.fact.most people who drink don,t become alcoholics.that,s why booze is legal and smack isn,t

Coke?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Bish Bash Bosh wrote:
jtc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Coke?

epidemic round here mate unless its normal for everyone to have a cold and pavement dance like a 8o,s hooli.pwroper nawty

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Same here but ive done it most weekends for 15 years but im not addicted.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Bish Bash Bosh wrote:
jtc wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Coke?

coke is becoming a big problem .also the amount of people in mental homes due to pot induced madness is higher than most people would imagine.not so long ago it was supposed to be getting legalised.i,m sure the figures of pot induced madness have put paid to this.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 pm

This Russell Brand Guy is a prick,,, he looks like a prick,,, talks like a prick,,, & acts like a prick.

He's just a first class prick, & he claims to be a WHU supporter, & that's the only thing i can believe about the fella!!!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Alcohol causes far more social and personal problems than all drugs combined. fags also cause more deaths per yearthan all drug abuse combined. i drive a taxi in cardiff and believe me alcohol is a huge problem.
give em a joint i reckon. thatll calm the fuckers down. :ayatollah: