Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE OWE MILLIONS,BUT WE GOT BILLIONS

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:22 am

It does make me wonder, money don't gaurantee success, but it can certainly tip the odds in your favour.
We talk of our debt and the damage it does us, yet you see players changing hands for amounts greater than our total debt.

Was listening to Real radio phone in yesterday and a lot of Swans fans talking to John Hartson, they were disappointed at the twelve goal return of their 3 million pound striker, and John Hartson pointed out that when they beat Man City, the Mans had 90 million pounds worth of players on the bench.

I think its about knowing your goals and being realistic with your targets.

If as a fan, i was a billionaire owner of the club I supported, then no doubt, a few million here or there out of my thousand million fortune would be an irrelevance, but as a hard nosed business man, how would I feel, would it be seen as a sound investment, a risky gamble, or a donation to a play thing to massage me ego.

If we don't go up this season, how do you think the Malaysians will react, will they simply keep getting things in order, and ask us to be patient, or will they give Malky the funds needed to compete at the level most of us want to be at.

Re: WE OWE MILLIONS,BUT WE GOT BILLIONS

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am

Very good, well thought out statement which makes me????????????????? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am

BigGwynram wrote:It does make me wonder, money don't gaurantee success, but it can certainly tip the odds in your favour.
We talk of our debt and the damage it does us, yet you see players changing hands for amounts greater than our total debt.

Was listening to Real radio phone in yesterday and a lot of Swans fans talking to John Hartson, they were disappointed at the twelve goal return of their 3 million pound striker, and John Hartson pointed out that when they beat Man City, the Mans had 90 million pounds worth of players on the bench.

If as a fan, i was a billionaire owner of the club I supported, then no doubt, a few million here or there out of my thousand million fortune would be an irrelevance, but as a hard nosed business man, how would I feel, would it be seen as a sound investment, a risky gamble, or a donation to a play thing to massage me ego.

If we don't go up this season, how do you think the Malaysians will react, will they simply keep getting things in order, and ask us to be patient, or will they give Malky the funds needed to compete at the level most of us want to be at.

They didn't give MM the funds while we was in 2nd spot two points off top in jan when clearly we needed 3-4 new faces so I can not see what's going to be diffrent next season going off a dead start without a ball being kicked.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:It does make me wonder, money don't gaurantee success, but it can certainly tip the odds in your favour.

They didn't give MM the funds while we was in 2nd spot two points off top in jan when clearly we needed 3-4 new faces so I can not see what's going to be diffrent next season going off a dead start without a ball being kicked.

The difference may be the fact, that come the new season, they may be the sole owners.
It will be their baby entirely then. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 am

SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

The difference may be the fact, that come the new season, they may be the sole owners.

I guess your talking about the pmg/sam money owed that's been dragging on forever to go with the 100updates saying talks are going well for the last two years :roll: somethings not rite at are club for sure.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 am

Great post,As any business I am sure the Malaysians want to steady the ship and stay within their means,most businesses run in the red but keep it to a limit,we all know CCFC is not the Malaysians plaything or ego trip but a serious business which has the interests of thousands of people to take care of,they will surely have a plan in place to get the club making a long term profit the same as a chip shop or factory (no long term profit-no business),I would certainly want the business running comfortably and within it's means,I always speculate to accumulate and believe we need fresh faces to keep the club moving,but I wouldn't want to do a Pompey,plod on I say......GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:44 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

I second what Bluebird 1977 says and I was also told the same by people in the club, they never gave Malky the funds when needed.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 pm

SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Good point, but it makes me wonder why they haven't bought the few extra shares they need to be the majority controlling share holders, is it because they want to deal as cheaply as possible to get control and get others off the scene, this may be the case and possibly a good thing.

If it was me, and I thought I could turn this business into a huge profit making venture then I would want to be reaping all if not the vast majority of that profit for me and mine rather than sharing it out with others that I have to affinity with.

Possibly, and hopefully this is where we are at. But still got doubts.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Even if the Malaysians take a majority stake and the debts to Sam and PMG are paid off this summer, we're sill going to be in the same amount of debt. Just to the Malaysians rather than 3rd parties. There's obviously the possibility that further down the line this debt can be converted into equity by creating more shares, but how often does that actually happen? Most of the time it sits there as a debt that will never get paid (as the club essentially owes the money to it's owners), until a change of ownsership

Sam basically did it here, Lansdown had to do it at Bristol City (but did turn some of it to equity), even Abramovich has done it at Chelsea. What makes us think the Malaysians won't do it here? We'll just end up with a huge sum of money that we owe them rather than owing the individual debtors. I find it very hard to believe that the Football Club can afford to clear the debts and I can't see our owners (if they are by that point) just wiping the debt for us.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:29 pm

asz wrote:Even if the Malaysians take a majority stake and the debts to Sam and PMG are paid off this summer, we're sill going to be in the same amount of debt. Just to the Malaysians rather than 3rd parties. There's obviously the possibility that further down the line this debt can be converted into equity by creating more shares, but how often does that actually happen? Most of the time it sits there as a debt that will never get paid (as the club essentially owes the money to it's owners), until a change of ownsership

Sam basically did it here, Lansdown had to do it at Bristol City (but did turn some of it to equity), even Abramovich has done it at Chelsea. What makes us think the Malaysians won't do it here? We'll just end up with a huge sum of money that we owe them rather than owing the individual debtors. I find it very hard to believe that the Football Club can afford to clear the debts and I can't see our owners (if they are by that point) just wiping the debt for us.

GREAT POST AND BANG ON THE MONEY, :old:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Sorry but I just do not buy the fact that the money wasn't there. The bids were all confirmed by our club, their clubs, their players.......and Carl said himself what he was told the payment structure would be......Why would Malky leave a cash strapped club like Watford to further his career and join another cash strapped club who reneged on their promise to him about cash....for Malky then sign a contract extension with these so called "liars"

The money was there.....the deals just didnt come off.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I second what Bluebird 1977 says and I was also told the same by people in the club, they never gave Malky the funds when needed.

Annis people are soaking up what there told in the media but of as normal some people know diffrent but anyone with half a brain would have preferred the 3-4 players in jan as we was so close then rather than a dead start next season considering we could be relegation fodder if we carry on are results since the end of jan in to next season.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Sorry but I just do not buy the fact that the money wasn't there. The bids were all confirmed by our club, their clubs, their players.......and Carl said himself what he was told the payment structure would be......Why would Malky leave a cash strapped club like Watford to further his career and join another cash strapped club who reneged on their promise to him about cash....for Malky then sign a contract extension with these so called "liars"

Getting players and paying pittyfull bits over 5years does not pull off sometimes craig that's what we tried to do FACT, the money was never there and that's that.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:46 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Sorry but I just do not buy the fact that the money wasn't there. The bids were all confirmed by our club, their clubs, their players.......and Carl said himself what he was told the payment structure would be......Why would Malky leave a cash strapped club like Watford to further his career and join another cash strapped club who reneged on their promise to him about cash....for Malky then sign a contract extension with these so called "liars"

Getting players and paying pittyfull bits over 5years does not pull off sometimes craig that's what we tried to do FACT, the money was never there and that's that.

I gotta be honest, you are still the biggest prick on this site!

What authority are you to know the in and outs of our bids? As for "soaking up the media" it was televised interviews with the players and staff from other clubs. You say the money was never there.....then you say we offered the money over 5 years.

Make your f*cking mind up numskull.

You come across so patronising, when reality is your probably a spotty teenager licking Annis' backside for brownie points.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Yet another craig name calling post when he see's the truth oh well keep up the good work. You can get a new sofa and pay in two years these days craig, something like that it went for three players so figure it out for your own tiny mind I guess that makes the money there as you call it.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Yet another craig name calling post when he see's the truth oh well keep up the good work. You can get a new sofa and pay in two years these days craig, something like that it went for three players so figure it out for your own tiny mind I guess that makes the money there as you call it.

All transfers are done over time....not many are straight cash deals up front. I only call you names :D

I put across an opinion and my reasons for it, yet again you decide to patronise me and anyone else who disagrees by telling us to "wake up" or "we are deluded idiots"

You want to be a person in the know, whenever Carl posts an update you retort with "I already knew that" or some bullshit. No-one cares!!!!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:02 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Yet another craig name calling post when he see's the truth oh well keep up the good work. You can get a new sofa and pay in two years these days craig, something like that it went for three players so figure it out for your own tiny mind I guess that makes the money there as you call it.

All transfers are done over time....not many are straight cash deals up front. I only call you names :D

I put across an opinion and my reasons for it, yet again you decide to patronise me and anyone else who disagrees by telling us to "wake up" or "we are deluded idiots"

You want to be a person in the know, whenever Carl posts an update you retort with "I already knew that" or some bullshit. No-one cares!!!!

You must care to much then if that's the case. This is not about carl or any other name calling spin you have made up which I can not see in this thread its about you posting the money was there but clearly it was not, I know this others know this. Some soak up the media spin which I'm sure your one of them that's where we differ.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:04 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

You must care to much then if that's the case. This is not about carl or any other name calling spin you have made up which I can not see in this thread its about you posting the money was there but clearly it was not, I know this others know this. Some soak up the media spin which I'm sure your one of them that's where we differ.

You're doing it again "I know this"

What media spin?? there were televised interviews with other managers/players themselves (Marvin Sordell said himself he was on his way down the m4 on watfords internet player and that the bid was accepted) who confirmed bids......are they all in on this conspiracy all in order to cover up to CCFC fans....maybe they know where Lord Lucan is, or what happened to Titanic......SHIT, they were on the grassy Knoll!!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Craig, personally I think Carl was delib fed the info, the truth will come out one day and I stand by that I honestly dont believe we had money to buy, just money for loans. Time will tell. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Craig, personally I think Carl was delib fed the info, the truth will come out one day and I stand by that I honestly dont believe we had money to buy, just money for loans. Time will tell. :ayatollah:

powerful people those malaysians just to scam carl and a few fans they were able to get sordell, coyle poyet and the brighton chairman to do paper and radio interviews confirming the bids made by your club i listened to the brighton chairman say on the radio that he pulled the plug on noone last minute after the ceo had agreed the deal
as they say you cant make it up but on this forum its seems you do :roll:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:04 pm

cockneywanka wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

powerful people those malaysians just to scam carl and a few fans they were able to get sordell, coyle poyet and the brighton chairman to do paper and radio interviews confirming the bids made by your club i listened to the brighton chairman say on the radio that he pulled the plug on noone last minute after the ceo had agreed the deal

I stand by what Ive said, I respect your opinion, but I have to say your name suits you.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

You're doing it again "I know this"

What media spin?? there were televised interviews with other managers/players themselves (Marvin Sordell said himself he was on his way down the m4 on watfords internet player and that the bid was accepted) who confirmed bids......are they all in on this conspiracy all in order to cover up to CCFC fans....maybe they know where Lord Lucan is, or what happened to Titanic......SHIT, they were on the grassy Knoll!!

I am really confused as to how people think CCFC managed to get Watford and Brighton to lie for them about having money. Why is it being ignored I would lie like to hear the explanation from anyone who thinks we had no money to purchase players?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Lets not get to far ahead of ourselves as believe we will probably find at least 8 teams are going to invest within our level of funding to try and achieve promotion also next season and it is going to come down to who spends the cash the wisest and if the Malaysians are going to go for it any time soon then we will see the mettle of not just MM but also the other prominent members within the club as a collective charged with optimising the funds for the best return for Cardiff City F C .
Maybe the Championship next season will be as unpredictable hasit had been this season but nobody knows for certain ! ,Fact is though we may be in for a far tougher season next year and vying for promotion with 8 other teams just as ambitious as ourselves of which i am sure the Malaysians are well aware of and it will be interesting their plan of attack ?.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
cockneywanka wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

it was not an opinion mr abrahams but facts taken off this site if you go back to the day after transfer deadline day this site has lots of links to interviews with the respective parties all backing the fact your club bid big money for two players
your anti malaysian stance is what is taking your forum down hill in my opinion as the majority of you seem to be grateful for what the malaysians have done in the past two years but you still insist on taking every chance to put them down
i also think posters have deserted because of the attacks on ex managers directors and players and the pro sam propoganda doled out on regular basis all private details regarding the negotiatios between sam and the club are put up for all to see despite the confidentiality agreements alleged by yourselves between the club and sam never mind this is my last post as i know this will get me another snide pm or a ban and as you pointed out about names fitting i think you will be forever blue until sam comes back to you :lol:
I stand by what Ive said, I respect your opinion, but I have to say your name suits you.