Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

You Are My Cardiff, But.....

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

I know we didn't really expect much at the start of the season due to the big clear out, but we should've got an auto spot, in my opinion. It was there for the taking, we didn't bolster the squad when the time was right and players grew more and more tired, yet they were played game after game because the manager felt he had no other options.

The Carling Cup Final was a fantastic, memorable occasion and part of that day was spent with a superb crowd of people from the Forum. The people make it for me, rather than the football, but that's always been the case.

If we don't get to Wembley, at least, in May, then it would be a massive disappointment to me. This could be a career defining time for some of our players and they need to realise that and impress upon some of the youngsters the importance of Saturday's match, not just to them but to a lot of our fans too.

We have four games left to regain some credibility for this club, instead of "doing a Cardiff" again. I hate that saying and we should consign it to the dustbin in May.

GET INTO 'EM!

Re: You Are My Cardiff, But.....

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 am

Good post fella. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 pm

SBF1 wrote:Good post fella. :ayatollah:

Thanks. It'd be a real shame if our season ends this Saturday. Hopefully, the players will pick themselves up this week and battle at Selhurst for at least a point.

:thumbup:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Yep, a good post pal.

Keep the faith. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 pm

NeathBlue wrote:Yep, a good post pal.

Keep the faith. :ayatollah:

I think I've pretty much lost it. Over to the team now.....

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:40 pm

The fact each poster so far is living in Neath it is only right I post next. :lol:

As I have said in previous posts, yes I'd be disappointed if we don't make it but I will still be proud regardless, proud because of the players we have got and not because of the ones we didn't get.

John I agree also it is about the people we travel with, we got a great bunch who use the forum coaches and long may that continue.

:ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Pretty much spot on John. I would be gutted to miss the playoffs at the last hurdle but would have taken the playoffs at the start of the season. However when we were third in the table only five points behind the top two a couple of months back we didn't sign quality players like Reading and Southampton did which was disappointing because we could have had a real go. Onwards and upwards though. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:Pretty much spot on John. I would be gutted to miss the play-offs at the last hurdle but would have taken the play-offs at the start of the season. However when we were third in the table only five points behind the top two a couple of months back we didn't sign quality players like Reading and Southampton did which was disappointing because we could have had a real go. Onwards and upwards though. :ayatollah:

This is now an official Neath thread. :D

Even with the shortcomings of getting fresh players in, I have still enjoyed this season.
Truth is, we are still hard to beat. Let's just hope Palace realise it. ;)

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 pm

SBF1 wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:Pretty much spot on John. I would be gutted to miss the play-offs at the last hurdle but would have taken the play-offs at the start of the season. However when we were third in the table only five points behind the top two a couple of months back we didn't sign quality players like Reading and Southampton did which was disappointing because we could have had a real go. Onwards and upwards though. :ayatollah:

Even with the shortcomings of getting fresh players in, I have still enjoyed this season.

Neath boys we are here ohhhh, ohhhh... :lol:

If we score first Saturday we will do them but if they score first we will choke :cry:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm

carlccfc wrote:The fact each poster so far is living in Neath it is only right I post next. :lol:

As I have said in previous posts, yes I'd be disappointed if we don't make it but I will still be proud regardless, proud because of the players we have got and not because of the ones we didn't get.

John I agree also it is about the people we travel with, we got a great bunch who use the forum coaches and long may that continue.

For those of us who travel a fair distance to home matches, they can seem like an away match, but then the time spent at the CCS usually kills it, sadly. Something that the club need to look at.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm

NEATHBLUES wrote:Pretty much spot on John. I would be gutted to miss the playoffs at the last hurdle but would have taken the playoffs at the start of the season. However when we were third in the table only five points behind the top two a couple of months back we didn't sign quality players like Reading and Southampton did which was disappointing because we could have had a real go. Onwards and upwards though. :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:11 pm

SBF1 wrote:

I've enjoyed, it's just that I think it'll be a real shame if it just fizzles out.

I loves Neath, I does, it's the centre of the Earth, like.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
NEATHBLUES wrote:Pretty much spot on John. I would be gutted to miss the playoffs at the last hurdle but would have taken the playoffs at the start of the season. However when we were third in the table only five points behind the top two a couple of months back we didn't sign quality players like Reading and Southampton did which was disappointing because we could have had a real go. Onwards and upwards though. :ayatollah:

We will be fine men, watch us go now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:17 pm

supercoops wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

We will be fine men, watch us go now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

OK, prediction time:

Who in the semis and final and what scores?

Do you think we'll make the final?

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:31 pm

I think: west ham v cardiff, city 2-1 win
zulus v blackpool, blackpool 3-2 win
FINAL. City 2-1... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:37 pm

supercoops wrote:I think: west ham v cardiff, city 2-1 win
zulus v blackpool, blackpool 3-2 win
FINAL. City 2-1... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That'll do very nicely, it doesn't have to be 5-0 against Blackpool, a win is fine.

Put your bets on now.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm confident we'll beat Palace on the weekend and then I really don't care who we get. Southampton, Brum, West Ham and Blackpool are all good teams; there isn't an "easy" option as far as I can see. We need to concentrate on ourselves and let everyone else feel the pressure because we'll be the least favoured of all those teams.

We'll have to beat them if we want to go up, whoever we get, so bring 'em on!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:44 pm

NeathBlue wrote:I'm confident we'll beat Palace on the weekend and then I really don't care who we get. Southampton, Brum, West Ham and Blackpool are all good teams; there isn't an "easy" option as far as I can see. We need to concentrate on ourselves and let everyone else feel the pressure because we'll be the least favoured of all those teams.

We'll have to beat them if we want to go up, whoever we get, so bring 'em on!

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Exciting times if we can get the required point at Palace, tbh would rather not meet Blackpool at all as they seem to have our number when they play us, any of the others should hold no fears for us if we're up for it though.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Exciting times if we can get the required point at Palace, tbh would rather not meet Blackpool at all as they seem to have our number when they play us, any of the others should hold no fears for us if we're up for it though.

Fair enough.