Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL JAY BOTHROYD BOUNCE BACK

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

After is ego boosting England call up and then the reality of life at the top level, and possibly the wake up call it's been to him.

Do you think he could do a job somewhere else and get somewhere near the potential that he really does have,or will he simply party on, keep falling down and just take the money, what a waste and I'd love to see him back here with a point to prove and the will to do something about it.

Would he be worth a punt if the price was right. Malky, Malky sort him out, Malky, sort him out. :lol:

Re: WILL JAY BOTHROYD BOUNCE BACK

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:13 am

I never saw him bounce back once Gwyn.

Every time I saw him hit the floor, he stayed there! ;)

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 am

BigGwynram wrote:After is ego boosting England call up and then the reality of life at the top level, and possibly the wake up call it's been to him.

Do you think he could do a job somewhere else and get somewhere near the potential that he really does have,or will he simply party on, keep falling down and just take the money, what a waste and I'd love to see him back here with a point to prove and the will to do something about it.

Would he be worth a punt if the price was right. Malky, Malky sort him out, Malky, sort him out. :lol:

He had the best days of his career at CCFC, but is there any going back? Most people don't do it, 2nd time around. I don't want him back, if his ego is as bad as it was. On his day, he's a great player, but he is inclined to act like a ****.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:20 am

If we take him back, Malky may as well throw away his recruitment team as I doubt he would pass their character test.

I bet Malky would expect highly paid professional footballer to have an injection in the clubs most important game of its recent history.

Thanks jay, but no thanks.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 pm

If we'd had Jay and Miller up front this season we'd have qualified for the play-offs by now easily.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 pm

RFMH wrote:If we'd had Jay and Miller up front this season we'd have qualified for the play-offs by now easily.

No matter what anyone says about Jay this is probably true!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:13 pm

SBF1 wrote:I never saw him bounce back once Gwyn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:15 pm

If Warnock couldn't sort him out no one can !!. Never do i wish to see him in a Cardiff shirt again.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:If Warnock couldn't sort him out no one can !!. Never do i wish to see him in a Cardiff shirt again.

What about in a Swansea shirt. :lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:31 pm

SBF1 wrote:I never saw him bounce back once Gwyn.

He should be okay now though. I've heard he's gone to Chelsea to train with his mate Drogba. :shock:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:If Warnock couldn't sort him out no one can !!. Never do i wish to see him in a Cardiff shirt again.

What about in a Swansea shirt. :lol:

Now that i would love to see Jayallona :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Knowing how Dave Jones has a fondness for former players of his, I think Jay will go to Sheffield Wednesday if they get promoted

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 pm

I'd have him back in an instant.

Qpr was the wrong club (maybe right price and place tho) for him though, he is one of those players that would do well in the prem once he is promoted with a team and he is settled.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If we take him back, Malky may as well throw away his recruitment team as I doubt he would pass their character test.

I bet Malky would expect highly paid professional footballer to have an injection in the clubs most important game of its recent history.

Thanks jay, but no thanks.

He had more of an injection at City than twice the money Jay was on Miller :roll:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Class act at championship would love to see him back.

If it wasnt for him we would have been nowhere near the play-offs last year or the year before yet idiots still grumbling about him going off INJURED at Wembley :roll:

f*cking twats

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Quality player who got a bit carried away. Had a year of being a bit part player in a bit part team, so should be more realistic now.

Would love to see him managed by MM :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 pm

one thing to say about bothroyd Arse :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 pm

he has gone...shot it........blown it.......his ego done him and there is no point in going backwards lets find more young players like Mason and move on.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:After is ego boosting England call up and then the reality of life at the top level, and possibly the wake up call it's been to him.

I remember him at Wolves, seen him week in week out, and he was the same at Wolves as he was at Cardiff.
He could play out of his skin some weeks then the next week couldnt even put a full shift in ,in the next game.
The guy has got what it takes and can score and make great goals , then nothing . I guess you could say , he was great ,could have been great , and great shame he couldnt put his whole self into a whole game for 90mins a week. :old:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:53 pm

Don't think he's Malky's type of player,,,,time to move on!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm

he can bounce all he likes as long as he doesnt bounce back here !!!

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 am

not anymore, time to move on.. lets see what malky can come up with in the summer.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 am

he found his level in the championship and thats been proven this year with his performances in the prem,the england call up come at the wrong time for him and cardiff city football club,and that was shown in his performances

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:25 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:

I remember him at Wolves, seen him week in week out, and he was the same at Wolves as he was at Cardiff.
He could play out of his skin some weeks then the next week couldnt even put a full shift in ,in the next game.
The guy has got what it takes and can score and make great goals , then nothing . I guess you could say , he was great ,could have been great , and great shame he couldnt put his whole self into a whole game for 90mins a week. :old:

Good post Chief and so very true. Sums him up a treat