Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MINI-UPDATE MONDAY 23rd APRIL 2012 "

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:02 pm

As I have already written on here recently, the club are working to negotiate deals with both Langston and PMG which would settle both of these debts this summer. Alan Whiteley and TG met with Sam Hammam, representing Langston, for another round of talks in London on Friday. The club had previously offered Langston a cash only settlement which has been rejected. Negotiations continued on Friday and both parties are working towards settling the debt sooner rather than later.

This is very positive news as they are at least sitting down amicably and discussing ways of settling the debt, the argument of when the debt is due is immaterial at this time as both sides are equally searching to get it done soon.

The club has not held any talks with the Blues regarding the rugby side leaving the CCS, only when the Blues make the decision themselves that they wish to leave will any negotiations with them take place. As far as Cardiff City football club are concerned it is business as usual and the club will continue as normal to prepare for Blues fixtures at the stadium.

If we make the Play Off Final then the club will put season tickets back on sale at this time, the deadline for renewing season tickets is this Friday 28th April. Current season ticket sales are over the 16,000 mark which includes Premier seating and 1,246 new season ticket holders.

The club officials felt that the weekend's end of season awards was the best they have had for many years.

The ticket office are fully prepared for a very busy few days of sales for play off tickets should the team succeed on Saturday.

The club have prepared working budgets for next season whether that be in the Premier League or the Championship, the board has sat and discussed what these will be and will be ready to act swiftly and accordingly to assist Malky Mackay in his recruitment of new players for next season.

Anyone looking to book a seat Crystal Palace, I have 15 seats left from the 2 coaches I am running and there are pick ups in all the usual place, those interested can do so here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76894

Pick up times will be put on here on Wednesday evening.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " MINI-UPDATE MONDAY 23rd APRIL 2012 "

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Nice one Carl :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Carl great news on both the Langston and PMG debts hopefully we will see a conclusion to this soon. Given the size of both debts will this affect the amount of budget Malky has to work with?

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Cheers Carl!

Nice to hear that the club are putting quite a bit of preparation in ahead of next season for either league. Fingers crossed it'll be the big time. ;)

Otherwise, they'll go again next season.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Great news about Season ticket sales.

We should eventually not be a long way short of this season by August.

Any new on Palace sales -haven't got my tickets yet :lol:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Thanks Carl, Annis was hinting that Same may be offered shares, instead of cash is that correct?

Will that mean he may be around in some capacity?

Let's hope budgets are substantial enough for whatever division we are in :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Bluebina wrote:Thanks Carl, Annis was hinting that Same may be offered shares, instead of cash is that correct?

Let's hope budgets are substantial enough for whatever division we are in :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That is one of the options being discussed but as yet nothing has been decided, there are different deals being discussed so who knows.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Many thanks for the update Carl.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Thanks Carl, Annis was hinting that Same may be offered shares, instead of cash is that correct?

That is one of the options being discussed but as yet nothing has been decided, there are different deals being discussed so who knows.

Cheers mate, no matter what happens Saturday or in the playoffs the futures looking bright, to be honest these meetings are probably more important :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm

a cash only settlement which has been rejected whats Langston looking for----- blood :old:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:01 pm

stickywicket wrote:a cash only settlement which has been rejected whats Langston looking for----- blood :old:

Shares in the club perhaps?

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:a cash only settlement which has been rejected whats Langston looking for----- blood :old:

Shares in the club perhaps?

:ayatollah:

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 pm

Thanks Carl, very interesting read :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:12 am

carlccfc wrote:

I know nothing about shares, so if someone could help I'd appreciate it.

It says in the accounts that Tan can convert debt to shares at anytime.....
Let's say Langston took shares instead of cash, what would stop tan then taking further shares from his debt and diminishing langstones shareholding to a smaller/minimal amount making them worth much less?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:42 am

Or what if they decide to cash shares in , where will the millions come from ?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 am

And you know how much they were offered do you?

What if you bought my house for 100,000 and then five years later offered to pay me ten thousand instead, and i turned you down, the would you say I was asking for blood. :o

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 am

If you have a company worth £100 and have one hundred shares worth a pound each, if you suddenly decide to produce another one hundred shares, the company is still only worth one hundred pounds, but the share value drops to fifty pence per share, is that me being stupid, or is it fairly near the truth. :old:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 am

So once Langstone have come and gone then whats stoppin the likes of Rick Wright and Samesh Kumar also demanding their " investment " into CCFC back ??? As far as Im concerned once a football club has been sold then anything previous owners out put in and never got back during the sale is tough shit !!!!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:So once Langstone have come and gone then whats stoppin the likes of Rick Wright and Samesh Kumar also demanding their " investment " into CCFC back ??? As far as Im concerned once a football club has been sold then anything previous owners out put in and never got back during the sale is tough shit !!!!

Your on a wind up now Martyn surely :lol:

The Malaysians took the club on knowing the position with outstanding debts, that's what due diligence is all about, they were aware of the position and have agreed to honour the outstanding debts. They can hardly say. sorry we don't want to pay what we contractually agreed to, If that's the case I'm getting straight on to my mortgage company to tell them I don't want to pay my mortgage that's got ten years left on it.

Rick Wright and Kumar and all other previous owners sold the club lock stock and barrel, wasn't aware of any other clauses, but if you know different then tell us, but surely there was no outstanding, debt to Rick Wright or Kumar etc, and no agreement to pay them back anything at a future date as far as I was aware they sold out lock stock and barrel rather than an agreement to pay back a debt at a later date. :?:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:So once Langstone have come and gone then whats stoppin the likes of Rick Wright and Samesh Kumar also demanding their " investment " into CCFC back ??? As far as Im concerned once a football club has been sold then anything previous owners out put in and never got back during the sale is tough shit !!!!

Rick Wright I have no problem with Martyn, but Samesh Kumar never put a penny in our club, just took,took took from us.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

And you know how much they were offered do you?

What if you bought my house for 100,000 and then five years later offered to pay me ten thousand instead, and i turned you down, the would you say I was asking for blood. :o

:D

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Are season tickets still available then? Thought the date was up as I would like one for next season.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 pm

mr moose wrote:Are season tickets still available then? Thought the date was up as I would like one for next season.

The club extended the deadline. :ayatollah: