Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: For those calling for the Grand National

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:30 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I bet that's not In your campaign leaflet, you absolute baboon

Campaign..? wot campaign..? :?

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:43 am

Er, we all know you are Adam Brown. Seen it with my own eyes

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:40 am

Angry Man wrote:Shows how much the 'antis' know about the sport. They call for 'lowering the fences' not realising that it will actually quicken the race meaning the its more dangerous for the horses!!!!

STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW BEST YOU TREE HUGGING FOOLS!!!! :evil:

My mother who has owned & kept horses, has said the landing length & depth of the current fences (such as beaches) puts far more pressure on the joints of the horses front legs causing them to either buckle, crush cartlidge & fracture bones. She has also said the race won't speed up that much due to the sheer nature of the track, distance and jockey's tactics as well as stating it would be a much safer race with less erratic behaviour from any horse during the race.

I'm not going to argue with my old dear she Is far more clued up than me when it comes to horses!!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:21 pm

Don't the club owners come from a county partial to a bit of dog.(and I don't mean the ugly bird type) :lol: :lol: Now theres somthing all the do-gooders could get their teeth into. :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:17 pm

The Jumps for the Grand National need to be made safer but no not banned.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

The London Marathon helps raise money for people who need it. Therefore saving more lives than it takes.

The Grand National can be fun but it's just a shitty horse race that makes rich people rich and the odd lucky person rich. The horses are also forced to race.

If I had to choose I'd f**k the national off.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Jumps for the Grand National need to be made safer but no not banned.

I think that's a very sensible view.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Merlin wrote:
Angry Man wrote:Shows how much the 'antis' know about the sport. They call for 'lowering the fences' not realising that it will actually quicken the race meaning the its more dangerous for the horses!!!!

STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW BEST YOU TREE HUGGING FOOLS!!!! :evil:

My mother who has owned & kept horses, has said the landing length & depth of the current fences (such as beaches) puts far more pressure on the joints of the horses front legs causing them to either buckle, crush cartlidge & fracture bones. She has also said the race won't speed up that much due to the sheer nature of the track, distance and jockey's tactics as well as stating it would be a much safer race with less erratic behaviour from any horse during the race.

I'm not going to argue with my old dear she Is far more clued up than me when it comes to horses!!

I think the points you raise here are the real issue at stake.

Normal steeplechasing can be dangerous, but many activities in life can be, however the number of fatalities at this particular race make it completely unacceptable.

If they made it far less dangerous, and the odd fatality took place, I think the majority of people would have less of a problem with it (I still wouldn't want to watch it, but would not be as negative about it as I am now).

It is however simply not acceptable for it to carry on in its current form, and I think there is a consensus developing that supports that view, for the reasons you outline above.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Jumps for the Grand National need to be made safer but no not banned.

They have been made safer but horses continue to die.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Karl wrote:

They have been made safer but horses continue to die.

Well smaller, but no neccesarily safer.

For example, part of the problem are things like at Beechers there is a ditch between where the horses take off and the fence itself - and the fact that the ground on the other side of the jump is lower than the ground where they take off from.

Another major factor are the amount of horses that are in the field, and the length of the race.

I think the point Nukes is making is that the course itself should be safer - and this includes all these points as well.

If the race was made safer in all these ways, then I think a lot of people would have far less problems with it.

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Wind your neck in Walkure you frigid wombat. It thanks to wallies like you pot noodles and monster munch dont taste the same. Watering everything down you total prat. :roll:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Bish Bash Bosh wrote:Wind your neck in Walkure you frigid wombat. It thanks to wallies like you pot noodles and monster munch dont taste the same. Watering everything down you total prat. :roll:

I thought you didn't post much on this site because it's all about Liverpool and the Jerks :lol:
You're up to a 100 now in a few days - perhaps you'll stop again at 5000 :lol:

It's great to have you back though :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Bish Bash Bosh wrote:Wind your neck in Walkure you frigid wombat. It thanks to wallies like you pot noodles and monster munch dont taste the same. Watering everything down you total prat. :roll:

I thought you didn't post much on this site because it's all about Liverpool and the Jerks :lol:
You're up to a 100 now in a few days - perhaps you'll stop again at 5000 :lol:

It's great to have you back though :ayatollah:

few days? I been on here a few months you whelk :roll:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Polo's back now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 am

aj1927 wrote:To be scrapped for the animals safety, what are you views on the London Marathon(which averages just below a death every 3 races and hundreds of injuries minor and major every race).

Please tell me your opinions?

how many horses sign up for the national??????????? :ayatollah: