Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " THE BLUES HAVE CONFIRMED "

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Are you serious!!!? Renting office especially in a sporting arena is big business this days.

it wouldnt interest me
where would I be able to advertise my business at the stadium?
other than me telling people my office is there how would people know its there?
what sort of companies would realistically rent office space at the CCS because all those stupid football games they keep playing would really get in the way of my business
what makes someones business better because its based at a sporting arena its nostalgic and idiotic
you would probably have to pay more in rent because it is a football stadium rather pay for office space in the city its more economical.

It may not interest you but many other clubs do it so the business is there. City centre office space isn't ecomomical at all these days especially when the officer providers also charge you for car parking too!!! My businesses operate on a mon-fri 9-5 so why would games interfear..? In fact the attraction of taking clients to games is right there.

I don't know what business you are in Johnny but it doesn't seem to be client orientated at all.[/quote]

we dont play mid week then do we
and i dont know what kind of business you run but if you manage to fit your working hours mon-fri 9-5 congratulations because i sometimes find myself working all hours of the night and day
will there be a guarantee you can take clients to the games, which you can do by the way without having to rent office space?
plus do you think the CCS is going to give you free parking because i reckon they will charge you for spaces and restrict you on match days.
city space still winning for me[/quote]

What you reckon doesn't really count does it.

Yes while I agree it may work for 'certain' businesses but if other clubs are taking advantage of such a opportunity then go for it.

You could offer office space as a condition of doing business with them for example they will use the only recruitment agencies which are willing to base themselves on site at a fee. I suppose you could do the same with Security firms they use and other providers. Take for example the Millunium Stadium, the catering company they use are based on-site so we could do the same with Compass.

The opportunity is there and surely businesses who are already investing with the premier club will see the opportunuity to have if based on-site.

Just done a quick search and this come up at Lincoln City: http://www.sincilbank.com/sincilbank/in ... =corporate[/quote]

well what i 'reckon' does count because as a businessman who may or may not be looking for office space im a prospective client if the CCS decide to rent office space
these are the questions i would ask as a possible client to the club and I would weigh up my options it wouldnt work for my business because I doubt they would offer warehouse space. If it works it works but personally with the economic climate we find ourselves in the luxury of taking clients to football games isnt on my list of priorities.[/quote]

If you would require warehouse space then off course it wouldn't be suitable to you!!!! Does the Millenium stadium or CIA have warehouse space..? Of course not but they let out office space to firms.

ME, ME , ME Jonny!!!! Look at the wider picture and you may, just may get my point.

Now f**k off 'cos I'm off to bed you f*cking fool :lol:[/quote]

stop being argumentative and controversial it doesnt suit you
i see your point i just want to see how far youve taken it or to ask a bigger question what do you want out of it?
the fact is if i wanted office space at a sports stadium id take a year by year rental agreement and go to the liberty stadium because that stadium offers both rugby and premiership football, because if I have to sit through 90 minutes of watching those idiots down west to secure a contract so be it.
client based business my friend if you want to impress a client you make sure they enjoy themselves while you grin and bear it.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:41 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
i see your point i just want to see how far youve taken it or to ask a bigger question what do you want out of it?
the fact is if i wanted office space at a sports stadium id take a year by year rental agreement and go to the liberty stadium because that stadium offers both rugby and premiership football, because if I have to sit through 90 minutes of watching those idiots down west to secure a contract so be it.
client based business my friend if you want to impress a client you make sure they enjoy themselves while you grin and bear it.

With a reply like that no wonder your business is going down the pan because now you are agreeing that the idea will work!!!

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:18 am

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

With a reply like that no wonder your business is going down the pan because now you are agreeing that the idea will work!!!

who says my business is going down the pan ive never said that me and my family have run a successful business for over 20 years and despite the economic climate we find ourselves in we still turn a profit where other companies have failed.
the fact is its called debate you keep banging on about the club making office space available for rent I ask why and all you can do is abuse people sad really. At least polo had some style when he argued and stuck to his point you flap around just trying to get attention and then try gain favour with people. Ive made my point on the office space and you may have changed my mind but ill stick to my guns now and say its a bad idea because instead of being gracious youve decided to be a tw*t about it.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 am

There is one party you are all forgetting about and that is the firm that provides the food and drink, I am sure that when they came to the City the deal would have been the Blues one week and City the next, does that mean less money coming in to our coffers, can't imagin it would be a great deal, but it all adds up to pay off our debt. :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff Blues have confirmed to the BBC that they're looking at playing all their games at the Arms Park from next season.

This was reported on the BBC Welsh news this evening, I hope they do leave the CCS for good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17807290

:ayatollah:

Doesn`t this article say that this is just one of three options they are investigating , including staying where they are for all games?.

They took some games to the Arms Park this current season as they had already covered their minimum match rental commitments to CCFC under their sublease , and may still do the same next season.

It will almost certainly come down to what they can afford and whether additional matchday income they are likely to get at the Arms Park outweighs their financial commitments under that sublease .

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:35 pm

since62 wrote:They took some games to the Arms Park this current season as they had already covered their minimum match rental commitments to CCFC under their sublease , and may still do the same next season.

Covered their minimum match rental? It's not matches covered, it's days. Stadium to be provided, clean branded for 18 days a year. They pay us a fixed fee per year, covering 18 days regardless of actually used or not, plus 25% maintenance ( from memory, to a capped limit ).

They can play at Arms Park all they like, still have to pay us.

It will almost certainly come down to what they can afford and whether additional matchday income they are likely to get at the Arms Park outweighs their financial commitments under that sublease .

They can afford sweet FA - why do you think 10 plus players are leaving the Blues?

Their financial commitments to us are known under the contract. Richard Holland confirmed there's no get out clause on the deal.

Matchday income, well, they'd actually sell some tickets, sure, and fill the Arms park certainly more than they would with us.

But...

Corporate facilities at Arms Park are piss poor. Would be a fair few companies pissed off at the move. Athletics club would receive rent from Arms Park, plus they'd still be on the hook to pay us just under 500k a season. Add in having to rebuild their squad quite dramatically and it's clear they are in a particularly bad spot right now.

Which kinda rains on the parade of those claiming the Blues were screwing us.

Blues cannot afford to buy themselves out of their contract. We just need to hold tight, hold them to the contract and profit whilst they play at Arms park. Or more likely, till the Blues go bust.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:37 pm

whats happening? :ayatollah:

someone explain? :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:15 pm

nerd wrote:
since62 wrote:They took some games to the Arms Park this current season as they had already covered their minimum match rental commitments to CCFC under their sublease , and may still do the same next season.

Covered their minimum match rental? It's not matches covered, it's days. Stadium to be provided, clean branded for 18 days a year. They pay us a fixed fee per year, covering 18 days regardless of actually used or not, plus 25% maintenance ( from memory, to a capped limit ).

They can play at Arms Park all they like, still have to pay us.

They can afford sweet FA - why do you think 10 plus players are leaving the Blues?

Their financial commitments to us are known under the contract. Richard Holland confirmed there's no get out clause on the deal.

Matchday income, well, they'd actually sell some tickets, sure, and fill the Arms park certainly more than they would with us.

But...

Corporate facilities at Arms Park are piss poor. Would be a fair few companies pissed off at the move. Athletics club would receive rent from Arms Park, plus they'd still be on the hook to pay us just under 500k a season. Add in having to rebuild their squad quite dramatically and it's clear they are in a particularly bad spot right now.

Which kinda rains on the parade of those claiming the Blues were screwing us.

Blues cannot afford to buy themselves out of their contract. We just need to hold tight, hold them to the contract and profit whilst they play at Arms park. Or more likely, till the Blues go bust.

On your 18 days point , they are hardly likely to choose days when they don`t play a game are they?

If they progress to the latter stages of cup competitions (which may be unlikely based on their current performance levels) then their commitment under the sub-lease is adhered to as they have 18 games in a regular season, and they can take other games elsewhere if they think it will give them a bigger profit.

Agree with you re the corporate facilities at Arms Park - and one of the stands has some structural problems as well.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Feck off Blues :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:Feck off Blues :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol:

Their fans prefer the old ground, just as some of ours preferred Ninian Park. Mind you, they don't belong at our stadium and their fans and our fans don't want them there. Another poor decision by out of touch suits.

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:48 pm

since62 wrote:]

On your 18 days point , they are hardly likely to choose days when they don`t play a game are they?

They already did; first event they had there was an open day, which counted against the 18 day limit. In reality, since that event all others have been match related.

If they progress to the latter stages of cup competitions (which may be unlikely based on their current performance levels) then their commitment under the sub-lease is adhered to as they have 18 games in a regular season, and they can take other games elsewhere if they think it will give them a bigger profit.

Their two options were basically either pay us on an ad hoc basis for additional days required, or for "bigger" games use the MS. Which would then still mean they would be playing in a 25% full (at best) stadium.

Agree with you re the corporate facilities at Arms Park - and one of the stands has some structural problems as well.

Yeah, that's why capacity was cut to 9k from 12k. I'd imagine that's being addressed by the Athletics club. Regardless, I still see the blues going bust soon enough.