Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE BLUES HAVE CONFIRMED "

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Cardiff Blues have confirmed to the BBC that they're looking at playing all their games at the Arms Park from next season.

This was reported on the BBC Welsh news this evening, I hope they do leave the CCS for good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17807290

:ayatollah:

Re: THE BLUES HAVE CONFIRMED

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff Blues have confirmed to the BBC that they're looking at playing all their games at the Arms Park from next season.

This was reported on the BBC Welsh news this evening, I hope they do leave the CCS for good.

Let's hope for decent compensation.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:26 pm

At least our pitch will get a rest between now. Give the grow lamps a chance to work as our pitch has looked shite since they came back

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm

They have been flirting with the idea for the past few months.

A deal will need to be done with CCFC as they still have the lease in place. Do we need their money?

Re: " THE BLUES HAVE CONFIRMED "

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff Blues have confirmed to the BBC that they're looking at playing all their games at the Arms Park from next season.

Carlos, its not in stone yet and they are way off on the compensation they want to offer City, but fingers crossed.
They would owe us a small fortune. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Carlos, its not in stone yet and they are way off on the compensation they want to offer City, but fingers crossed.
They would owe us a small fortune. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Money they don't have?!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Appprox how much are we talking about and could this be used to pay PMG ?

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm not sure if anyone is aware but Leighton Samuel wanted to do a deal with City to bring a RL Super League side to play at CCS.

It might have been a better fit.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:47 pm

Good riddance to minority sport rubbish!! :ayatollah: :lol:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I'd waive the compo, let them go back where their fans want to go and give our pitch a chance between our home games.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:02 pm

This is the best thing for all parties concerned. They should never have been there in the first place.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I'm not sure if anyone is aware but Leighton Samuel wanted to do a deal with City to bring a RL Super League side to play at CCS.

It might have been a better fit.

I'd actually watch a rugby league game or two but hate rugby shitty union

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:15 pm

good rid, and they can take their fecking badge down with them..

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Maybe the pitch will be a lot better then because rugby is ruining it at the moment.Hope it does happen anyway.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Blues chief exec Richard Holland recently confirmed there's no get out clause.

Blues are skint; going out of business is at the moment a possibility, so I can't for the life of me see anyway a compensation figure would get agreeed.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17807290

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

The only way out I can see them leaving is if they play most games at the arms park, but they continue paying us the rent, under an agreement that means they can still play games at the CCS if they want to (say for big games and such).
As already said, they can't afford to pay us much compensation, and I can't see us accepting a small token gesture opposed to years of a steady income (something that the club has generally struggled with).

The only other way out would be if the blues were in so much financial trouble, that moving to the arms park is the only way they can stay in business (and so making them continue to pay us the rent would be pointless, because there wouldn't be a cardiff blues left to pay us the rent).

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Good riddance to minority sport rubbish!! :ayatollah: :lol:

AGREED :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Forget the compo, just let them go. Never to return. Then we can get back to our ground being a football, and only football, ground. Decent pitch. No poxy egg badge on the stadium wall. Their rubbish out of the club shop. No pictures of big, fat, camp blokes dressed in pink :shock: :? behind the Canton/Grandstand. Good riddance. Hate the egg-chasers :evil:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:12 pm

havn;t we coughed up mega bucks for the lights to make the grass grow quicker this season.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm

would City then let out the office space which is vacated by the Blues at the moment..?

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Angry Man wrote:would City then let out the office space which is vacated by the Blues at the moment..?

they can do what they want with it its their office space as long as they make money out of it
but who would want to rent office space in a football stadium?

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:31 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:would City then let out the office space which is vacated by the Blues at the moment..?

they can do what they want with it its their office space as long as they make money out of it

Are you serious!!!? Renting office especially in a sporting arena is big business this days.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

Are you serious!!!? Renting office especially in a sporting arena is big business this days.

it wouldnt interest me
where would I be able to advertise my business at the stadium?
other than me telling people my office is there how would people know its there?
what sort of companies would realistically rent office space at the CCS because all those stupid football games they keep playing would really get in the way of my business
what makes someones business better because its based at a sporting arena its nostalgic and idiotic
you would probably have to pay more in rent because it is a football stadium rather pay for office space in the city its more economical.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:46 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

it wouldnt interest me
other than me telling people my office is there how would people know its there?
what sort of companies would realistically rent office space at the CCS because all those stupid football games they keep playing would really get in the way of my business
what makes someones business better because its based at a sporting arena its nostalgic and idiotic
you would probably have to pay more in rent because it is a football stadium rather pay for office space in the city its more economical.

It may not interest you but many other clubs do it so the business is there. City centre office space isn't ecomomical at all these days especially when the officer providers also charge you for car parking too!!! My businesses operate on a mon-fri 9-5 so why would games interfear..? In fact the attraction of taking clients to games is right there.

I don't know what business you are in Johnny but it doesn't seem to be client orientated at all.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

it wouldnt interest me

It may not interest you but many other clubs do it so the business is there. City centre office space isn't ecomomical at all these days especially when the officer providers also charge you for car parking too!!! My businesses operate on a mon-fri 9-5 so why would games interfear..? In fact the attraction of taking clients to games is right there.

I don't know what business you are in Johnny but it doesn't seem to be client orientated at all.

we dont play mid week then do we
and i dont know what kind of business you run but if you manage to fit your working hours mon-fri 9-5 congratulations because i sometimes find myself working all hours of the night and day
will there be a guarantee you can take clients to the games, which you can do by the way without having to rent office space?
plus do you think the CCS is going to give you free parking because i reckon they will charge you for spaces and restrict you on match days.
city space still winning for me

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

it wouldnt interest me

and i dont know what kind of business you run but if you manage to fit your working hours mon-fri 9-5 congratulations because i sometimes find myself working all hours of the night and day
will there be a guarantee you can take clients to the games, which you can do by the way without having to rent office space?
plus do you think the CCS is going to give you free parking because i reckon they will charge you for spaces and restrict you on match days.

What you reckon doesn't really count does it.

Yes while I agree it may work for 'certain' businesses but if other clubs are taking advantage of such a opportunity then go for it.

You could offer office space as a condition of doing business with them for example they will use the only recruitment agencies which are willing to base themselves on site at a fee. I suppose you could do the same with Security firms they use and other providers. Take for example the Millunium Stadium, the catering company they use are based on-site so we could do the same with Compass.

The opportunity is there and surely businesses who are already investing with the premier club will see the opportunuity to have if based on-site.

Just done a quick search and this come up at Lincoln City: http://www.sincilbank.com/sincilbank/in ... =corporate

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

it wouldnt interest me

Yes while I agree it may work for 'certain' businesses but if other clubs are taking advantage of such a opportunity then go for it.

You could offer office space as a condition of doing business with them for example they will use the only recruitment agencies which are willing to base themselves on site at a fee. I suppose you could do the same with Security firms they use and other providers. Take for example the Millunium Stadium, the catering company they use are based on-site so we could do the same with Compass.

The opportunity is there and surely businesses who are already investing with the premier club will see the opportunuity to have if based on-site.

Just done a quick search and this come up at Lincoln City: http://www.sincilbank.com/sincilbank/in ... =corporate[/quote]

well what i 'reckon' does count because as a businessman who may or may not be looking for office space im a prospective client if the CCS decide to rent office space
these are the questions i would ask as a possible client to the club and I would weigh up my options it wouldnt work for my business because I doubt they would offer warehouse space. If it works it works but personally with the economic climate we find ourselves in the luxury of taking clients to football games isnt on my list of priorities.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 pm

f*cking hell Sam Hamamm in right all along shocker. Not the first time.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

it wouldnt interest me
you would probably have to pay more in rent because it is a football stadium rather pay for office space in the city its more economical.[/quote]

I don't know what business you are in Johnny but it doesn't seem to be client orientated at all.[/quote]

city space still winning for me[/quote]

Just done a quick search and this come up at Lincoln City: http://www.sincilbank.com/sincilbank/in ... =corporate[/quote]

well what i 'reckon' does count because as a businessman who may or may not be looking for office space im a prospective client if the CCS decide to rent office space
these are the questions i would ask as a possible client to the club and I would weigh up my options it wouldnt work for my business because I doubt they would offer warehouse space. If it works it works but personally with the economic climate we find ourselves in the luxury of taking clients to football games isnt on my list of priorities.[/quote]

If you would require warehouse space then off course it wouldn't be suitable to you!!!! Does the Millenium stadium or CIA have warehouse space..? Of course not but they let out office space to firms.

ME, ME , ME Jonny!!!! Look at the wider picture and you may, just may get my point.

Now f**k off 'cos I'm off to bed you f*cking fool :lol: