Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why we should sign Lawrence...

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 pm

We saw him play as a winger yesterday, and IMO he was man of the match. He might not be the quickest but he can cross the ball and his link up play with Kev was pretty good.
He can also hit a ball from distance, I saw that plenty of times during the warmup and once in the 2nd half. His passing is really coming along as he's settling in. He's a good leader, always shouting at the players.

If we can get him on wages around £15k a week I reckon we should go for it. :ayatollah:

Re: Why we should sign Lawrence...

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 pm

And he loves a good moan at the ref! :lol: . But yeah he was great yesterday, starting to come good for us at the right time!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:34 pm

I reckon 15k per week would make one of the highest paid players in the squad and I don't think he is that important. As soon as we get a proper right winger he wouldn't be my first choice. By proper winger I mean a Burke or a Routledge as examples from our recent past. 8-10k and he can add depth and experience to our midfield. 15k would not be worth it for me unless it was only a one year deal to see how next year went.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Quality player and I was pretty pleased when we signed him. Him being injured for a while just signing him was probably a reason for his iffy form during his first few games for us.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:05 pm

CantonJack wrote:We saw him play as a winger yesterday, and IMO he was man of the match. He might not be the quickest but he can cross the ball and his link up play with Kev was pretty good.
He can also hit a ball from distance, I saw that plenty of times during the warmup and once in the 2nd half. His passing is really coming along as he's settling in. He's a good leader, always shouting at the players.

If we can get him on wages around £15k a week I reckon we should go for it. :ayatollah:

straight after we played portsmouth i started a thread stating we should sign lawrence, a few weeks later and we actually did ,which upset a few posters on here ,and to be honest i ve slagged him off myself because his performances had been shit, but over the past few weeks he s hit some sort of form, and yesteday he was my man of the match,his wages of 20,000 may be to much but if we dont go up i think we should try and sign him

Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

Only time I see him play well is when he plays on the wing as he's done for most of his footballing days but for some weird reason MM plays him like a defensive midfield center in ¥ost of the games I've seen which I can not get my head around.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:54 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 94268.html

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:34 am

We should be looking for better in the summer.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:39 am

I'm guessing we're paying about half his wages at the moment (don't know what he's on at Pompey) so I reckon we'll sign him and be roughly paying him what we are now (so he'll take a wage cut).

Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:01 am

caerblue wrote:
CantonJack wrote:We saw him play as a winger yesterday, and IMO he was man of the match. He might not be the quickest but he can cross the ball and his link up play with Kev was pretty good.

straight after we played portsmouth i started a thread stating we should sign lawrence, a few weeks later and we actually did ,which upset a few posters on here ,and to be honest i ve slagged him off myself because his performances had been shit, but over the past few weeks he s hit some sort of form, and yesteday he was my man of the match,his wages of 20,000 may be to much but if we dont go up i think we should try and sign him

If this is true then it's no wonder Pompey are financially screwed. He's a good player, but they are premiership wages or at least very top of championship wages. For a mid table championship club to sign a player on that sort of money while in their financial situation is shocking. I hope we learn from this and don't overstretch ourselves chasing promotion (if we haven't already....)
Ironically, in his post match interview on CC Player, he laid into the Pompey owners for overspending...

Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 am

As a squad player maybe, but surely not on £15K? I would say at least half of that.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 am

Not worth 5k a week let alone 15-20k a week.....Squad player at best and will only hinder the likes of Ralls and Harris getting some 1st team action.