Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YOU COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER NIGHT After a 52 year wait.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 am

Last night was prob the best game of the season so far, Yes WBA had Cardiff on the defensive for virtually the whole of the 2nd half but after a great first half and once again that boy Burke, fantastic runs and goal, the whole team finally showed passion and guts and battled to the end, to seal a 2 nil win by Whits strike after missing originally a penalty.
Our 1,300 fans were Superb and Peter Ridsdale having a word with Dave Jones(as promised) the players finally acknowledged us.

Before the game I really thought we would loose, I hold my hands up I was wrong and very pleased to be.

Re: YOU COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER NIGHT After a 52 year wait.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:Last night was prob the best game of the season so far, Yes WBA had Cardiff on the defensive for virtually the whole of the 2nd half but after a great first half and once again that boy Burke, fantastic runs and goal, the whole team finally showed passion and guts and battled to the end, to seal a 2 nil win by Whits strike after missing originally a penalty.
Our 1,300 fans were Superb and Peter Ridsdale having a word with Dave Jones(as promised) the players finally acknowledged us.

Before the game I really thought we would loose, I hold my hands up I was wrong and very pleased to be.

great night mate thats all we ask just some passion and guts. burkes the man.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 am

Superb! didn't go listened on the radio. Just goes to show abit of fight and determination makes a hugh difference. At least a point on Sunday or dare I say another win and we are back on track!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 am

great day and night and only one late back to bus and one no show ,shame missed demo

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 am

dibstours wrote:great day and night and only one late back to bus and one no show ,shame missed demo

Cheers Dibs for the drink and I hope you have calmed down :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:51 am

Annis it was a fantastic result where all the players deserve a pat on the back fot their passion if we played with that passion every week no one would complain when we lose. I am not a Hudson fan but i thought he was great last night and looked like a leader. Fans where spot even though our friends from WMP looked up fot it. Ethiu was great first half run himself into the ground, Burke is awesome can't believe he is not in Scotland squad. Even though it was backs to the wall second half they never really created many guilt edge chances. How did the demo go last night? Any news on that snipper who was sat in stand last who took out Chops has he been found :lol: :lol: :lol: . Bluebirds

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:10 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:Annis it was a fantastic result where all the players deserve a pat on the back fot their passion if we played with that passion every week no one would complain when we lose. I am not a Hudson fan but i thought he was great last night and looked like a leader. Fans where spot even though our friends from WMP looked up fot it. Ethiu was great first half run himself into the ground, Burke is awesome can't believe he is not in Scotland squad. Even though it was backs to the wall second half they never really created many guilt edge chances. How did the demo go last night? Any news on that snipper who was sat in stand last who took out Chops has he been found :lol: :lol: :lol: . Bluebirds

Great night Ebbw Blue, Nights like that make it all worth while, WMP looked well up for it and looked pathetic having that many out lol.
Burke the best player so far this season.
Thats all we ask for a bit off guts and passion.

No news on the sniper :lol:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:09 am

Is football the only sport where things can change so drastically so quickly? Remember just before the Preston game there were loads of calls for Jones's head and for players to be dropped. Now looks at us! :)

I'm glad to see us getting back to winning ways with arguably the two best consecutive wins in a long while. When was the last time we beat two rival teams so doggedly? A win next week against Middlesbrough and then another win against Leicester would really set the division alight. I'd take a point next week and then a win against Leicester though. Considering where the teams are though, even two draws wouldn't be a disaster. 8 points from the games against Preston, West Brom, Middlesbrough and Leicester would be very satisfactory... but more would be better!