Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY HAS DONE A REMARKABLE JOB BY WARNOCK "

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 am

" Leeds boss Neil Warnock reveals he wanted Malky Mackay to succeed him at QPR "
Apr 22 2012

LEEDS boss Neil Warnock praised the job Malky Mackay has done at Cardiff City – and then revealed he had lined him up to be his successor at QPR.

Warnock guided Rangers into the Premier League last season, but was sacked in January as the top-flight strugglers turned to ex-Wales boss Mark Hughes.

A month later Warnock bounced back by getting the Leeds post – and admits he is in awe at the job Mackay has done in guiding Cardiff into the Championship play-offs.

“You’ve got to say how well Malky’s done,” said Warnock after his Leeds side had thwarted Mackay’s men.

“To lose players like Bellamy and Bothroyd – people you can’t replace in the Championship – but to regroup and get to a cup final and make the play-offs is incredible really.

“No wonder I’ve voted for him in my top three as manager of the year. He’s done a remarkable job.

“When Malky took the job, I bet most people thought he was going to struggle.

“But he goes about his job in the right way, there’s no frills with him.

“He looks at what he wants and gets that dressing room right and that’s what the Championship’s all about for me.”

But Warnock went even further, revealing that he wanted Mackay to actually succeed him at Loftus Road.

“I would like to have kept QPR up and got him the job,” said the managerial veteran. “I told the board he was the next best thing since sliced bread.

“But I ended up getting the bleedin’ sack! So much for that.”

Warnock felt there would have been “a lot of pressure” on Cardiff had former Bluebirds striker Ross McCormack dispatched a golden fifth-minute opening.

But Mackay felt that Cardiff created enough chances to win and saluted Bluebirds goalscorer Joe Mason, who signed a new four-year deal on Friday.

“His finish was sublime. He feels this is the place where he will progress,” said Mackay.

“Joe has worked very hard with the staff and the other players to get better all the time.

“We haven’t been able to hold him back.

“He’s made so much progress that we couldn’t leave him out of the starting XI for most of the season.

“That is good testament to the lad himself.

“It’s about looking at talent, looking at potential and taking chances and risks on youngsters, but also doing your homework and making sure you believe in them.

“We have three or four youngsters like that and they will all be good players for Cardiff in the future.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z1skdKqjp0

Re: " MALKY HAS DONE A REMARKABLE JOB BY WARNOCK "

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:28 am

Good job Annis, just hoping that Mr Tan givs the manager the money he so obviously needs. We need a proven goalscorer and wingers in for next season :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:31 am

wigstar wrote:Good job Annis, just hoping that Mr Tan givs the manager the money he so obviously needs. We need a proven goalscorer and wingers in for next season :ayatollah:

Wiggy, I still dont believe Malky had the money in Jan, even more after speaking to certain people over there.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wigstar wrote:Good job Annis, just hoping that Mr Tan givs the manager the money he so obviously needs. We need a proven goalscorer and wingers in for next season :ayatollah:

Wiggy, I still dont believe Malky had the money in Jan, even more after speaking to certain people over there.

Totaly agree, if the money was on the table Malky would of spent it. Why would he not? :o

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 am

I reckon that Malky needs to reduce the wage bill before bringing new players in. We have a lot of players who Malky obviously doesn't have in his plans earning fairly good money. Hopefully when these are gone in the summer some new players will be bought in.

I have been told by a London jeweller that Jamie Mackie visited his shop a couple of weeks ago (with his agent) and said that Mark Hughes has lost the dressing room at QPR and that Mackie will definitely be leaving the club in the summer.

Don't shoot the messenger. :ayatollah: :D

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:53 am

Ifs and buts BUT if we had Bellars this season we would be in top two in my opinion , £5m will get the extra players we need plus get out the 6 that MM will never use and watch us go .........not a defeatest but dont think we will reach play offs , our home form and too many draws cost us but that is purely down to MM tactics i am afraid to say but maybe his tactics is tied down to the fact he couldnt get the players in ??

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Can't believe i'm about to say this, but well said Neil Warnock. Wow. I'm going for a lie down.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Malky will have the money in summer, I was by the tunnel yesterday because I had box tickets, someone said to TG "let's have a good summer" and he nodded and winked, like a knowing wink. There'll be money I can guarantee.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:36 pm

jackland_bluebird wrote:I reckon that Malky needs to reduce the wage bill before bringing new players in. We have a lot of players who Malky obviously doesn't have in his plans earning fairly good money. Hopefully when these are gone in the summer some new players will be bought in.

I have been told by a London jeweller that Jamie Mackie visited his shop a couple of weeks ago (with his agent) and said that Mark Hughes has lost the dressing room at QPR and that Mackie will definitely be leaving the club in the summer.

If Mark Hughes has lost the QPR dressing room then based on the last few weeks results and performances at Loftus Road, then I wished that he had lost it a few months before! Mackie has been a revelation under Hughes in recent weeks, keeping SWP out of the side, scoring a couple of great goals against Liverpool and the jacks. I doubt very much that Jamie Mackie, given the type of individual he is would a) spout off about dressing room politics, or b) need to visit a jeweller with his agent, unless of course his agent is his missus! :D

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Well said Neil Warnock :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Said all along that there was never any money in the first place but many won't accept it. The 'kind of player isn't available' line was getting tiresome and in the end pathetic when clubs like Reading where signing Jason Roberts and now look where they are!!!!

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 am

jackland_bluebird wrote: I have been told by a London jeweller that Jamie Mackie visited his shop a couple of weeks ago (with his agent) and said that Mark Hughes has lost the dressing room at QPR and that Mackie will definitely be leaving the club in the summer.

:lol:

Oh my word how embarrassing! Your mate the London Jeweller ( a fella who sold a sovereign to Cash Converters once :lol: ) couldn't be further from thr truth. I know Jamie personally as we have a mutual friend who is very ill atm & he has told me to my face Mark Hughes is the best manager he's ever worked with in his career & that training, morale & belief has soared since his arrival.

Tell your mate to lay off the glue fella :D

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
jackland_bluebird wrote: I have been told by a London jeweller that Jamie Mackie visited his shop a couple of weeks ago (with his agent) and said that Mark Hughes has lost the dressing room at QPR and that Mackie will definitely be leaving the club in the summer.

:lol:

Oh my word how embarrassing! Your mate the London Jeweller ( a fella who sold a sovereign to Cash Converters once :lol: ) couldn't be further from thr truth. I know Jamie personally as we have a mutual friend who is very ill atm & he has told me to my face Mark Hughes is the best manager he's ever worked with in his career & that training, morale & belief has soared since his arrival.

Tell your mate to lay off the glue fella :D

So we aren't signing Mackie in the summer? :( :cry:

Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 pm

As Warnock walked down the tunnel the other day he gave us the thumbs up and wished us all the best.

Top guy.