Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ITS CARDIFF CITY'S TURN...............

Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 am

So as feared but it is now reality......our fate and Middlesboroughs await us come Saturday lunchtime at Selhurst Park and Vicarage Road respectively.

Like a lot of City fans travelling to Selhurst on Saturday my hope was well before then our place in the play offs along with West Ham, Blackpool and Birmingham City would be confirmed. But with the surprise result at the Riverside yesterday tea time that isn't the case.

Does it add more spice? Of course for the neutral and now the Palace fans who desperately wanna see us lose as revenge for their Carling Cup Semi Final defeat to us back in February.

There will be twists and turns on the day. But the reality is guys we have the upper hand, out of the two places us and Boro currently occupy my preference is to be sitting where we are and not where Tony Mowbrays men are.

90 minutes to go and we could well be then preparing for 3 play off lottery matches against teams that are all ex premiership teams so as the underdogs we have it all to play for. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The guts our boys have had this season to keep going till the final whistle has been seen since our opening day win at West Ham and no more so than against Liverpool at Wembley.And do our team want to be going back there again?, Yes!!. But so do the other 3 teams above us, but Malky has now 6 days to prepare those players to achieve one more unbeaten performance on this good run we have been on to guarantee our play off birth.

I for one think we can do it, regardless of what happens at Vicarage Road and like many Bluebirds I will be at Selhurst singing our boys along to help them over that line, they deserve it this season, we deserve it as fans, and Malky has not stopped this season and deserves it also :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This is our 3rd go at the play offs in successive seasons, third time lucky?, why not!

2012 could well be the year Cardiff City get promotion to the Premiership, I think we can do it.
And there is no reason why we shouldn't.

See you all on Saturday and remember in the words of Ali, support the boys and make...some....noise!!!!! :ayatollah:

Re: ITS CARDIFF CITY'S TURN...............

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:41 am

Oh and another thing.....had we cemented our place yesterday Malky would of rested a lot of players for palace possibly then ending our unbeaten run going into the play offs with a defeat behind us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We can do this City :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 am

Good post Luton and I'm with you we still have a lot to play for next Saturday as 4th place is still possible, unlikely but still possible, and I think that will work in our favour as we have proven all season our team is strong when the chips are down.

I still believe we will make the playoffs and for me it's only a matter of which position we will finish in so over to MM and the team.

4th will do nicely guys.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:35 am

LutonBluebird wrote:Oh and another thing.....had we cemented our place yesterday Malky would of rested a lot of players for palace possibly then ending our unbeaten run going into the play offs with a defeat behind us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This makes me feel much better than I did yesterday. Thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:57 am

Good posts above
I really believe we will be in the play-offs it's only 6 little days until we find out how..l :ayatollah:
Come on city we can do it, with a shock underdog win, and up we go!
Nevertheless, really enjoyed the season under malky and think next season will be even better, regardless of championship or prem :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 am

099 sound system wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Oh and another thing.....had we cemented our place yesterday Malky would of rested a lot of players for palace possibly then ending our unbeaten run going into the play offs with a defeat behind us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This makes me feel much better than I did yesterday. Thanks :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I felt down yesterday evening but was feeling happier when I wrote the above :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Even when we were playing shite i always beleived we would be in the playoffs come the end of the season BUT i am nervous about who are in there with us , west ham,blackpool,birmingham.... I wouldnt fancy west ham over 2 legs or in the final and i dont want blackpool in the final again because of last time an birmingham are jammy bastards .... But i wouldnt mind birmingham over 2 legs then do blackpool in wembly ... Revenge is sweet