Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

if we go to palace with the same negativity

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:29 pm

that malky employed today we will miss out again.
LETS GO FOR IT.

Re: if we go to palace with the same negativity

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm sure I watched a different game to everyone else today :?

I thought we played well and had a go for it at times and I felt we would have been good value for all three points. Best performance at home in months :?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Aramore wrote:I'm sure I watched a different game to everyone else today :?

I thought we played well and had a go for it at times and I felt we would have been good value for all three points. Best performance at home in months :?

I seen the same game as you :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

x3 :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Don Cowie wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

At least I know I turned up at the right stadium today then!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Agreed, we did play well at times. But there were long periods in the game where we allowed Leeds far too much time and space without closing them down. When Snodgrass had the ball prior to their goal, two players went over to him but neither of them made any attemt to stop the cross coming over. One day Cardiff City will make things easy for themselves instead of doing things the hard way. Also, one day Kev McNaughton will pass to a team mate and Malky will have learnt when to tactically make a substitution.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Probably the leaat negative we been for a while confident about next week now

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Rose tinted glasses me thinks, we were poor and negative, tha same as the last 10 games.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:45 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

Agreed, we did play well at times. But there were long periods in the game where we allowed Leeds far too much time and space without closing them down. When Snodgrass had the ball prior to their goal, two players went over to him but neither of them made any attemt to stop the cross coming over. One day Cardiff City will make things easy for themselves instead of doing things the hard way. Also, one day Kev McNaughton will pass to a team mate and Malky will have learnt when to tactically make a substitution.

:lol:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:46 pm

We played well today. Thing is, with Leeds you never know which Leeds will turn up. One week they're good and the other they're utterly atrocious.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:We played well today. Thing is, with Leeds you never know which Leeds will turn up. One week they're good and the other they're utterly atrocious.

We did not play that well today. We did play well in parts agreed but we totally failed to deal with Luciano Becchio and he easily beat numerous city players at ease and on several occasions. He was easily man of the match today.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:Rose tinted glasses me thinks, we were poor and negative, tha same as the last 10 games.

Blindfold me thinks :lol:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Don Cowie wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

x4

Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:We played well today. Thing is, with Leeds you never know which Leeds will turn up. One week they're good and the other they're utterly atrocious.

We did not play that well today. We did play well in parts agreed but we totally failed to deal with Luciano Becchio and he easily beat numerous city players at ease and on several occasions. He was easily man of the match today.

Sorry, but that's bollocks. We were easily better than them, and whilst Becchio is a quality player he did not get a lot of change out of Turner or Hudson. And he didn't beat numerous players with 'ease'.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Becchio certainly put himself about but thought he was handled fairly easily apart from the goal,leeds have been decent on the road this season and there was absolutely no question of them laying down for us today
I honestly thought our lads gave it their all but again we seem to lack that cutting edge and moment of creativity when whitts is quiet

Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Sorry, but that's bollocks. We were easily better than them, and whilst Becchio is a quality player he did not get a lot of change out of Turner or Hudson. And he didn't beat numerous players with 'ease'.

You clearly were not watching the same game as the rest of us. Becchio was brilliant on the ball today and was a handful. If you watch the full 90 again you will see that he beats numerous players on several occasions but that's not too difficult when running against such limp tacklers like Whitts.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 am

I can't believe we are still in with a shout...our football is the worst I have seen since pre Jones. So negative when we take the lead and we only seemed to play like we know we can when Leeds scored. Why do we never go for the kill when taking the lead? must be something the manager has drummed into them and he has to take the blame. That said we are where we are on merit over the course of a season and I for one would have taken this with open arms at the start of the season. Very frustrated at the lack of actvity in January when we were in with a shout of automatic. I did say Jason Roberts would be a great signing in the Championship before Reading signed him. Not feeling confident tbh....Saturday is going to be a tense one :!: :evil:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:09 am

Lt. Frank Drebin wrote:I can't believe we are still in with a shout...our football is the worst I have seen since pre Jones. So negative when we take the lead and we only seemed to play like we know we can when Leeds scored. Why do we never go for the kill when taking the lead? must be something the manager has drummed into them and he has to take the blame. That said we are where we are on merit over the course of a season and I for one would have taken this with open arms at the start of the season. Very frustrated at the lack of actvity in January when we were in with a shout of automatic. I did say Jason Roberts would be a great signing in the Championship before Reading signed him. Not feeling confident tbh....Saturday is going to be a tense one :!: :evil:

You make a very good point about not going for the kill. If you check the stats then its incredible how many times that we score first in a match. We then sit back and allow the opposition to run at us until the other side inevitably score an equaliser. We then raise our game in response but find that we cannot score another. During the last quarter of the game, we then start to hoof the ball up the pitch hoping that someone will get on the end of it which is not the best tactic to use when you have a small team. If we played the whole game like we started the first quarter and kept the ball on the ground then I am sure we would have secured a few more victories this season and would now be comforfably in the playoffs already.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:15 am

If we cant get a draw then we will never win play offs if we get there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: