Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Funny how things turn out?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:28 pm

When you consider it? Should things go 'tits up' for you lads at Selhurst Park next saturday you are going to need us to beat Middlesborough right?

Now thats an interesting one. :ayatollah:

Re: Funny how things turn out?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Beat Boro for us and we promise to take back all the things we said about you being dirty.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Could be worst mate......could be a golden boy......now fuk off.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 pm

IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER WE WILL STILL GET EMBARRESSED IN THE PLAY OFFS

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:33 pm

hornet_fan wrote:When you consider it? Should things go 'tits up' for you lads at Selhurst Park next saturday you are going to need us to beat Middlesborough right?

wrong

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:35 pm

brick1964 wrote:Could be worst mate......could be a golden boy......now fuk off.

thats not very nice.

its strange all things considered. i just realised the web continues as palace are going to want to beat you particularly badly after the league cup semi final? its all very intriguing.

for what its worth i would not think that middlesborough are going to get an easy ride from us. its not dycheys style to throw in too many youngsters. we have today reached our points target for the season though. i would expect us to possibly hand a couple of squad players a game, but i don't think we will fold easily. of course boro have everything to play for, so might be too strong for us on the day or the pressure will get to them.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:37 pm

If you beat them we'll loan you Malky for the summer :lol:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:43 pm

OhhhGa wrote:If you beat them we'll loan you Malky for the summer :lol:

no thanks.....how about cowie for next season if you get promoted? no way he could cut it in the premier league! :D

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:45 pm

hornet_fan wrote:

no thanks.....how about cowie for next season if you get promoted? no way he could cut it in the premier league! :D

Can't argue with Malky's work in the transfer market.

Beats Dyche's considering I've read he signed quite a few players not good enough for this division when I had a look at your boards after we last played.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:47 pm

hornet_fan wrote:When you consider it? Should things go 'tits up' for you lads at Selhurst Park next saturday you are going to need us to beat Middlesborough right?

you dont have to win, just dont lose, and if you do lose, no more than 9 nil :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Aramore wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

Beats Dyche's considering I've read he signed quite a few players not good enough for this division when I had a look at your boards after we last played.

hmm yes i think your probably right. i think probably 60% of dycheys signings have been good, not great really. however malky did sign a lot of players we had been scouting; we scouted kiss, conway and gunnarsson. unfortunately when a manager moves club he takes that kind of knowledge with him.

i think malky has done well considering he has not spent much on transfer fees, i imagine your wage budget is probably quite high though?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:00 pm

It would be great if you did beat Boro, or at least draw with them. But, personally, I am happy enough with our season. 6th or 7th, and a Wembley final. Would have settled for that back last summer. Not sure if I could handle the stress of the play-offs again. And you're right, Palace will really be up for it. Happy days :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm

hornet_fan wrote:
Aramore wrote:
hornet_fan wrote:

hmm yes i think your probably right. i think probably 60% of dycheys signings have been good, not great really. however malky did sign a lot of players we had been scouting; we scouted kiss, conway and gunnarsson. unfortunately when a manager moves club he takes that kind of knowledge with him.

i think malky has done well considering he has not spent much on transfer fees, i imagine your wage budget is probably quite high though?

Wage bill is probably in the higher half of this division.

Miller's allegedly on 25k a week and Earnie's between 10-15k (although he wasn't really Malky's signing).

I'd say take away the silly spending teams like West Ham, Leicester and Southampton etc and we would be nearish the top.

Alot of our wage bill is still spent on players that were here from the Dave Jones era that were on relatively high wages and their abilities have fallen since he's left.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Most of your fans don't want to us to make the play offs. So f**k off and don't lose. :lol:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 am

hornet_fan wrote:
brick1964 wrote:Could be worst mate......could be a golden boy......now fuk off.

thats not very nice.

its strange all things considered. i just realised the web continues as palace are going to want to beat you particularly badly after the league cup semi final? its all very intriguing.

for what its worth i would not think that middlesborough are going to get an easy ride from us. its not dycheys style to throw in too many youngsters. we have today reached our points target for the season though. i would expect us to possibly hand a couple of squad players a game, but i don't think we will fold easily. of course boro have everything to play for, so might be too strong for us on the day or the pressure will get to them.

Hornet fan why do you feel the need to be on our site ?

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 am

Give hornet a break hes a decent chap and i personally think its interesting to hear the views of a fan of the team that our manager left in the summer
watford have had a good season under dyche and even if they do lose weve got absolutely no excuses not to get a positive result against palace on saturday

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 am

who cares what watford do as long as we get a draw we ll be in the play offs the situation is in our own hands :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 am

The problem being Watford are shit and have nothing to play for. Can't see them wanting to roll over for their last game of the season but most Watford supporters seem to be very bitter and half of them probably wouldn't mind f*cking Malky over on Sat. I can see 2 draws.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 am

In all respect, it not important how Watford play v Boro next Saturday, but how well we play v Palace.

And if we don't achieve, then we can look at any one of our seven home draws this season as to the reason's why!

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 am

The play offs start on Saturday,we can't afford to lose it's simply a dress rehearsal. :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 am

Some harsh comments here lads. The Watford fan has come in peace and is not slaging us off.

It really is interesting the way things have panned out and we all remember the last day 3 seasons ago. :o

The good news is Dyche is good mates with Malky so will I'm sure make certain his team are up for it -and I'm sure many of the players (and these are the guys that really matter) will want to do their best for Dyche and also Malky/Cowie.

Waford proved against us twice this season they are no mugs.

Also I'm sure Dyche will want to get as many points as possible to compare his record this year against Malky's last year.

All in all a fascinating day in store next week - and whatever happens we should be proud of our side this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:59 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:In all respect, it not important how Watford play v Boro next Saturday, but how well we play v Palace.

And if we don't achieve, then we can look at any one of our seven home draws this season as to the reason's why!

This^^^^
If we ca'nt get a point against Palace then we're not good enough. If Boro pip us then they deserve it. Just hope next season Malky stops being negative and stops picking the same out of form players week after week. Can anyone remember when Whitts had a good game in a city shirt, exactly.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 am

We never do it the easy way :lol:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 am

Watford are playing very well , cant see team of professionals deliberatley losing , will give borough a tough game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: