Was re-signing Earnshaw a mistake?

You may select 1 option

View results

Was re-signing Earnshaw a mistake?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes or No?

Re: Was re-signing Earnshaw a mistake?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Lets discuss this matter in exactly seven days time.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Ignoring him for months was

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:01 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Ignoring him for months was

Bringing him on in injury time was. :evil:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:03 pm

He is a goalscorer, but he needs a team organised in a slightly different way around him, in my opinion.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:03 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Ignoring him for months was

Bringing him on in injury time was. :evil:

Bringing him on any time was....... :D

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm

It was a mistake as he hasn't played many games this season. If he started more regularly then I think he would've scored more than Miller has, but we'll never know.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:11 pm

For me, the answer is a yes unless he scores the winner next weeked, in the play off semi and the play off final :D

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:08 am

Yes it was and I told you so before hand. And I got slaughtered on here for saying so. He could be a decent player again if he could only get his feet back on the ground and get rid of that massive ego. Back in the day he used to go out and play with so much energy to prove himself every game. Then someone told him he was the best player on the planet and he beleived them. That's when he turned to crap.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am

Berwyn wrote:Yes it was and I told you so before hand. And I got slaughtered on here for saying so. He could be a decent player again if he could only get his feet back on the ground and get rid of that massive ego. Back in the day he used to go out and play with so much energy to prove himself every game. Then someone told him he was the best player on the planet and he beleived them. That's when he turned to crap.

He used to be a great player but has lost his pace and his confidence. His first touch is about as good as Rudy's and falls over the ball more times than not. My biggest problem with earnie is that compared to Miller his workrate is zero. He rarely tracks back and helps the team and gives up if he is robbed of the ball. I think that Malky now realises that it was a mistake in signing him and the evidence of this is how little Malky has used him this season.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 am

NOT PLAYING him by MM is the mistake not the signing him - he needed games from the start . MM too loyal and relaint thats why players burnt out

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 am

They do say, never bring them back

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 am

NIBluebird wrote:NOT PLAYING him by MM is the mistake not the signing him - he needed games from the start . MM too loyal and relaint thats why players burnt out

you're right, playing Earnie would have solved everything :roll:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 am

he's SHIT get over the love affair.

He slows dont play, hes greedy, he cant link play, he doesnt have millers work rate.

but its ok he's good in the 6 yard box :roll:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 am

Yes without a doubt as Malky never wanted him and Malky has never really played him. He was signed by our board.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 pm

for 13,000 i d say yes,malky made it clear earnie werent in his plans, but brought him back i think just to ease the pressure during our bad patch, because he knew the fans were starting to get on his back,unfair on earnie just to give him 10-15 mins at the end of he game though, but earnies best days are way behind him

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 pm

NIBluebird wrote:NOT PLAYING him by MM is the mistake not the signing him - he needed games from the start . MM too loyal and relaint thats why players burnt out

Not enough opportunities, to be the 'Super Sub'. He should have come on with 20 mins to go not ten, main problem all season is no target man. Unfortunately Rudi has been injured to often, should have signed a proven target man a January - just like Reading did!