Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OUR GD-12: BORO'S - 2

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:25 pm

We are also 2 points clear, so a draw for us and win for Boro won't do it unless they score 10. Cannot lose at Palace, park the bus

Re: OUR GD-12: BORO'S - 2

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 pm

If Boro scored 10 against Watford I think they'd need to have a serious look at corruption in the game.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 pm

The Lad wrote:We are also 2 points clear, so a draw for us and win for Boro won't do it unless they score 10. Cannot lose at Palace, park the bus

Spot on Lad :ayatollah:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc ... table.html

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:38 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
The Lad wrote:We are also 2 points clear, so a draw for us and win for Boro won't do it unless they score 10. Cannot lose at Palace, park the bus

Not all glum :ayatollah: For once I am optimistic on the outside, but I am once again being realistic, Our performance was strong today

The meltdown is hilarious, you'd think it was a 3-0 defeat at home again.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:41 pm

The Lad wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Not all glum :ayatollah: For once I am optimistic on the outside, but I am once again being realistic, Our performance was strong today

Against Barnet.

In League 2.

To guarantee relegation to the conference.

And our manager and backroom staff had just been stolen by another club.

And we were about to be liquidated.

And Swansea had just won the champion's league.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Aramore wrote:
The Lad wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Against Barnet.

In League 2.

To guarantee relegation to the conference.

And our manager and backroom staff had just been stolen by another club.

And we were about to be liquidated.

And Swansea had just won the champion's league.

[url][/url]

:lol:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Parking the preverbial bus is a very risky strategy against a young, attacking, side who want revenge for the Carling Cup.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:53 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Parking the preverbial bus is a very risky strategy against a young, attacking, side who want revenge for the Carling Cup.

Palace aren't an attacking side. They;'re a very conservative side that play on the break because they have Zaha who can dance his way passed defences.

remembers the cup games. First leg they got us from a set piece and sat back the rest of the game

Second leg we stole a goal and put huge pressure on them all game, had enough chances to win five games and they just sat back and soaked it up.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:00 pm

Palace aren't an attacking side. They;'re a very conservative side that play on the break because they have Zaha who can dance his way passed defences.

remembers the cup games. First leg they got us from a set piece and sat back the rest of the game

Second leg we stole a goal and put huge pressure on them all game, had enough chances to win five games and they just sat back and soaked it up.

I just don't know if sitting back and praying for a 0-0 is wise. I've never been a fan of that, and if we lose a goal to a corner/free-kick then we're in an awkward situation whereby we have to score.

Either way, it's going to be a tense affair.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:01 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

I just don't know if sitting back and praying for a 0-0 is wise. I've never been a fan of that, and if we lose a goal to a corner/free-kick then we're in an awkward situation whereby we have to score.

Either way, it's going to be a tense affair.

Agreed on that front really.

Especially when palace are so good at sitting back and soaking up pressure.
If we concede a single goal against them we'll never break them down again.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:08 pm

we tried that at Sheff Wed.