Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City Stadium = Highbury the Library

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 pm

I have got to say the atmosphere in the Cardiff city Stadium is remarkably shit for a team who are going into the playoffs!! 25,000 fans today and Dirty Leeds out sung us!

What has happened to the infamous Cardiff City supporters? :?: :?: :?:

The amount of songs is shit only sing 3-4 in a game back in the day there was about 20 different ones!

It doesn’t help the team hearing everyone moaning and groaning!

Do we have a divine right to be in the Play-offs or the Premier league? Nope!

We really need to get behind the boys not only does it help them but it intimidates the opposition!
What happened to having a good time??

Let’s spark some like into that ground and get it bouncing!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City Stadium = Highbury the Library

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I blame the drum :old:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:14 pm

agree totally shit effort today

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Disagree, thought the atmo was really good today…….

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Nerves!!!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:21 pm

the atmos wasnt that bad today,only really heard leeds at the end of the game,the constant bleating about the noise level is getting right on my tit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: stop moaning start singing :clap: :clap:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:22 pm

It was pretty good in the canton,better than usul

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:24 pm

bluebirdcal wrote:I blame the drum :old:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I rekon we need to endorse a Welsh song! like the Scumbags have with land of my fathers!

Maybe Bread of Heaven? somthing the reconiges that we are a WELSH Team and 99% of Fans will know!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I give up if the answer is a rugby song

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 pm

If people stopped whining and were proactive there would be an atmosphere. People are too lethargic

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:30 pm

The Lad wrote:If people stopped whining and were proactive there would be an atmosphere. People are too lethargic

Agree nothing to do with the stadium, if people don't want to sing/chant they won't.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
The Lad wrote:If people stopped whining and were proactive there would be an atmosphere. People are too lethargic

Agree nothing to do with the stadium, if people don't want to sing/chant they won't.

Easier for people to blame the stadium though.

"Its all a Police/FA conspiracy to kill football lads!"

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm not moaning about the Stadium, but the people init!

Cardiff Fans have lost the spark and the BANTER of old!

Lets get it back!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Answer = get the singers next to the away end. Whether we swap the canton/grange or move to 117/118. Thats what im doing soon. Because i love a good sing but the grumpy old turds around me dont

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Although I agree to an extent, the acoustics in the CCS are shit. The noise from the canton rarely reaches the grange end and vice versa.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:35 pm

First of all, Leeds did not out sing us, they were as shit as we are. There are too many fans saying, and we have them on this forum, don't sing two little birds it's crap, don't sing men of Harlech because it is a north Wales song, don't bang the drum etc., etc., etc., there are too many pri madonnas in our ranks, including some on this forum. Every club has a song relating to them, whether that be linked to their town or city, or just one they have picked up themselves, like Stoke with Delilah for example, or even the jacks with Swansea oh Swansea.
Cardiff are too far apart and think they are better than the rest, that could be due to the fan base being far and wide, I.e west Wales, gwent valleys, Rhondda valleys and Cardiff itself, a feeling of not being as one.
I'm not saying, this should be the one, but Cardiff born Cardiff bred is a direct link to the city of Cardiff, and one, us outsiders of the areas highlighted above would embrace, but I will guarantee within 5 minutes of this post you will have some moron moaning about it :o
We need to get back to basics and become real supporters again, or there will be words going up like against Leeds today of "your not famous any more"
Big club? Get real :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I thought it was good in the Canton today

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 pm

i thought it was really good at the back of the canton, until Leeds scored.. which is when it went quiet!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:30 pm

with the exception of todays decent performance, we have been dire to watch of late. I don't sing when I'm watching paint dry either! :o

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:32 pm

The stewards don't help in 117/118 constantly asking people to sit down when no one's moaning about anyone. Much harder to get songs going sitting down. Bring back the terraces! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:04 am

I wouldn hav thought its to do with the difrent areas not comeing together, as in valleys west wales etc, cos its never materd before, if the stewading wasn't so heavy by the away end then I think there would be a big diffrence but that's never going to happen