Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's happened to Whitts

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Had another poor game today. His free kicks were woeful whilst his tackling and marking were non existent.

Re: What's happened to Whitts

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Had another poor game today. His free kicks were woeful whilst his tackling and marking were non existent.

Saving himself for the play offs :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:11 pm

His assist for the goal was class but had a poor game apart from that, still got that bit of quality though!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:33 pm

Top draw pass for the goal. Not at his best again but all players will have a sticky patch.

Surely he has played more mins on the pitch than any player in the divisions this season?
If Southampton win or draw I'd certainly let witts have a rest against palace.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Top draw pass for the goal. Not at his best again but all players will have a sticky patch.

Surely he has played more mins on the pitch than any player in the divisions this season?
If Southampton win or draw I'd certainly let witts have a rest against palace.

Totally agree with you about resting whitts if we can next week. I'd also rest Gunnarsson, Miller and i'd give blake a chance at right back and if he plays well let him keep it. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Had another poor game today. His free kicks were woeful whilst his tackling and marking were non existent.

Why are you constantly having a dig at Whitts? Great pass for our only goal, and whilst I agree that his free-kicks weren't up to standard, why are you getting so worked up about his tackling?!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:20 pm

A shadow of the player he was in the first half of the season.

His free kicks and corners are nowhere near his best, he's forgotten how to tackle or close down his man and he's made more missed passes in the last few games than in the entire first half of the season.

However, the pass for Mason's goal was superb, he's played every minute of every league game ( I think!) and recently he's been playing out wide more often than earlier in the season.

Still a class player - just going through a dip in form and confidence.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:30 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

Why are you constantly having a dig at Whitts? Great pass for our only goal, and whilst I agree that his free-kicks weren't up to standard, why are you getting so worked up about his tackling?!

Duh, its hardly a dig but perhaps its because he has yet to do a decent tackle this year. He has not played well for several games now and surely fully deserves the critisism he is getting. He offers nothing in defence so when his only ability (attacking) is lacking then what does he offer?. I agree he does sometimes show a glimpse of brilliance like the one good pass today but his recent form does not justify his place in the team.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:32 pm

I would say that pass for our only goal justified his place.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I would say that pass for our only goal justified his place.

:lol: Yes it did justify his place but in the reserve team.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense :shock:
Who would you have played instead? Kiss? Ralls? Do you think they had the ability to make that pass for the goal?

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Who would you have played instead? Kiss? Ralls? Do you think they had the ability to make that pass for the goal?

Maybe not but at least Kiss and Ralls can tackle.If you think that Whitts justifies his place in the team based on one good pass then your clearly deluded.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Maybe not but at least Kiss and Ralls can tackle.If you think that Whitts justifies his place in the team based on one good pass then your clearly deluded.

Yeah because if he hadn't played, and we'd had no real creative midfielder, that pass hadn't been made and Leeds got that goal and we'd lost at least we didn't waste a position on a player that can win games. :roll:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Hopefully boro draw so whitts/gunnar/kev/miller and co a rest

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Why do you care so much about his tackling?! :shock: He's never been into that :lol:

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:01 pm

CantonJack wrote:Hopefully boro draw so whitts/gunnar/kev/miller and co a rest

boro winning so we don't have that luxury

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Why do you care so much about his tackling?! :shock: He's never been into that :lol:

Every player must tackle and this is why we struggle to hold onto a lead. In all fairness to Malky, he identified this weakness in Whitts game and worked with him to improve. He did improve for a few matches last year but has since gone back into his shell. Now that Whitts attacking play is suffering then he is being carried by the rest of the team and does not deserve his place. The problem we have is that we don't have the luxury of a decent replacement and Malky has built the team around Whitts.I think its a case unfortunately of putting all your eggs in one basket. I have no doubt that if we did have a decent replacement then he would have been substituted a few times this year due to poor performances.